NDC Marketing Lead - Opportunities and Improvements (Marketing DAO)

@Klint nice combing through all the key elements of what marketing encompasses and how they could be implemented within NDC!

Good to finally see someone with a complete vision, including a strategic perspective and an operational one.

Happy to be of service somehow.

4 Likes

I was checking your social media. Very less impression. Looking like very fake work.
Can i see your real students or customers?
I never would like to order help from your company for now. Not interested to be your customer.

Its NO from me.

5 Likes

Great strategic overview of how we should be doing marketing. Happy to support :grin:

2 Likes

Thanks for taking the time to put down in writing years of marketing training and experience combined with months of serving as Marketing DAO Council Member.

Beyond the solid content and analysis, which is always open to healthy debate and subsequent iterations, the one thing I would like to highlight is that it is easier to tear things down than to build them up. As we evolve into NDC and beyond, would be great to see more community members be proactive and insightful in the content they share on the forum. Poorly drafter, meaningless one liners and lame memes don’t add much to the conversation, don’t feel compelled to share them.

8 Likes

Don’t see the promotional reach and use-case for this type of project. It’s a no from me.

3 Likes

Hey, this isn’t a proposal for the MarketingDAO, it’s for a role in the NDC. It will be moving forward as it stands. Someone needs to fill that role.

Taylor, your plethora of experience in Marketing both inside and outside of the world of crypto makes you an ideal candidate for this IMO.

Would be thrilled to hear a response to these Qs whenever you have a moment!

6 Likes

Hey @David_NEAR
Like he said, looking for support from community.
I don’t support people who, not interested to community to growth.

When i did proposal for creating Art near communnity for Near, he even didnt learn my activity before. Like with my effort was created community in Goa around 150-200 people. And without any explanation vote No for my proposal.
Its mean he not interested to know about community members and their value for Near.

I guess for this candidate we can find person , who really interested make Near community more creative and big with big organic traffic, who can share his experience with community and helpful for people to grow.

About his online courses i can say its only strange low quality video made without any correction, created only with one button - record. If u Check his YouTube and instagram its only 1-2 likes or views.
Looking like very Fake work

If u can share link with his best work i can check it out. Thank you.

But for me now its very less quality organic traffic marketing.

3 Likes

i have been a long time researcher on this platform. I see that their are a lot of pseudo accounts claiming themselves as admin like @Klint

For example:

I have done a thorough research about these profiles and found that they haven’t done the work that they claim and also the foundation based for seeking funding is totally corrupted.

Neither do they have quoted followers on YouTube, Twitter, insta and discord nor do they intend to do any work still they keep receiving the funding.

We need to figure out these people on this platform, expose them in order to grow this community in the transparent manner.

What do you guys think?

i Can’t support this candidate. It’s NO

1 Like

Think its not right choice to choose someone.

With my vision its important role and person who will voted for this role have to be very good practical experience and helpful to community.

Do u support my point or u still feeling like choose someone?

Hey all!

Actually, looking at the flags on your account, looks like this is a sock puppet for @dmitryne and @moon_selena - strong chance that those two accounts, and the one I’m replying to, are the same individual.

Whereas, there is no such flag for @Klint’s account.

I would warn you that this is against the rules when used to sway opinion:

I have worked, personally, with Taylor in the past. He’s an excellent marketer. I would try and view this matter objectively based on the information he’s provided.

1 Like

@David_NEAR
U still not reply for my questions. Im interested to know answers. For clarifying.

To believe u and Klint i need to see work he did before. Like his courses. I would like to see link to video or some other work. Can i?

I checked his YouTube channel and didn’t find any professional video about crypto marketing.

I think people for this role have to be helpful for community too. Like if they can see ur mistakes , they can share some information to grow. Cause if community members will grow, then will grow all community quality.
@David_NEAR

Are u agree?

I’ll let @Klint comment on it further.

Here’s his website.

“He’s a regular lecturer at the University of Copenhagen, IT University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen Business School, Talent Garden, and Google.”

You can see that in his videos. I don’t think you get to that point without being a Marketing Professional of his caliber. I don’t think he has any reason to lie, either.

This is not to say we shouldn’t hear other people’s proposals to fill the role. We absolutely should.

2 Likes

@zuzzi
Hey fellow, I’d suggest you watch your choice of words, this is a very strong allegation against @David_NEAR @Dacha and @Klint. I suggest you investigate properly before bringing up such derogatory terms. If you have any personal issues with any of these members I suggest you seek how to resolve them than this.

1 Like

Very cogent and comprehensive overview here @Klint. Thanks for taking initiative in support of the community and posting this. I’ve seen your work and dedication to the ecosystem and am in support of you having a leadership role.

Just a few thoughts after reading through the thread:

• There seems to be some question/confusion around the NDC itself and from what I understand, it’s happening, so I support finding a way forward under the new structure and working collaboratively – even if many of us have different perspectives and goals – to ensure a strong community and ecosystem in the future.
  • I think NEARCON will be a great opportunity for many people in the community to connect and talk in person, and I am hopeful that that opportunity will lead to a more collaborative and positive outcome for the community than a lot of the commentary we have seen lately and, for example, in this thread.
  • For the record, when the MarketingDAO closed or does not support a proposal, it is not personal or a judgment on the merit of your project. It is rather a majority decision that was made based on our collective opinion about the responsible use of community funds. We are all sincerely trying to do our best to fund great projects and grow the ecosystem. Sometimes there are issues understanding proposals, and in those cases, it is more productive and efficient to try to communicate and work things out vs. trolling and criticizing people on a personal level.
  • I also agree with @sarahkornfeld that we do need more diversity – and I would say across the board not just in specific DAOs or guilds, etc. It’s an ongoing need that I think is overlooked in web3, and to the extent that I can help facilitate more diversity, I am here for that and will continue to be an advocate for it.

None of us knows what the future holds, but I think we can all agree that we want to see a bright future ahead of NEAR. It will take many of us contributing and trying to build bridges in order to make that happen, and I am glad to see the enthusiasm and dedication displayed on this thread in the midst of a lot of different opinions and perspectives. That in itself is hugely motivating and makes me optimistic about what’s ahead.

5 Likes

My only question is that would there a boot camp for people provided with the grants, something like orange dao (y combinator) does,they provide incubation,they mentor them or give them marketing knowledge and everything else they need to succeed,I think asac once recommended that and it should be implemented don’t you think?

1 Like

All you have said is good but I think you need to look at things more carefully before making a decision and closing or giving a vote of no on proposals without looking back!

You voted no on the shitzu proposal for accusations that had no proper proof.
There were conversations later on but you didn’t respond to them,you voted no immediately an accusation was made and that’s bad/not fair in my opinion.

I even said something but you didn’t reply to the message I sent.

I’m not against you or anything, I’m only against the way you make decisions without taking deep thoughts like you did on shtizu,I hope you change in that aspect.

1 Like

Good evening. I had a conversation with your community leadership. We are waiting for a new proposal. Thanks

4 Likes

Great work and plan put out here.
It’s clear you have the qualities to stand in this role and I throw my weight behind you.

@David_NEAR, while we seek ‘decentralization’, it’s becoming clear that the forum, apart from where proposals are given attention, has become a place where people come to fight others because they can write long paragraphs.
This should be considered and something done about it in key decisions.

Like it was mentioned on the call yesterday by @satojandro, we can’t neglect someone with experience just because others who have issues with people have the forum to say all they want.

As NDC come to stay, many of such characters should.be checked and placed where they belong when it comes to important decisions for the ecosystem.

1 Like

same from me.
Completly agree

1 Like