[ON HOLD] |muti.rec: funding of a studio session for musicians

Ill be looking forward to hear from you, if you understand this project yet. thank you so much @ted.iv

2 Likes

@sterryo ok, thanks for clarifying. Happy to say that this project is approved for the December budget. We will let you know when you can request the payout!

2 Likes

@ted.iv thanks you so much, i feel glad about this. this project is one i feel good carrying out! cant wait for the payout to kickstart the project! :raised_hands:#creatives:muti-dao

2 Likes

Hey @ted.iv and the Muti community,
first of all - thanks a lot for this opportunity. Regarding of the NFT, i´m down with that - for the muti store - for sure. But the thing is, its just a recording session not the final song. That means it also has to be mixed and mastered. But when the songs mixed and mastere - I´m more than down for the NFT.
That you split it in 2 half, for me that is totally fine. Still - thanks for the opportunity :slight_smile:
Sounds good for you guys ?

Rio Carroll

2 Likes

@RioCarroll thanks for the reply!
Ok, sounds good. As for the mixing and mastering, that’s no problem. There is no rush, once the timeline is clear on it.
The split in the muti store will be as it always is, 75% to the artist, 25% to muti :slight_smile:

consider this approved for the December budget. We will let you know when you can draw down the funds via our astrodao!

Thanks

1 Like

@ted.iv
Great! I´m ready to rumble :slight_smile: let me know when I can start to book the studio :slight_smile:
Obrigadooooooo :slight_smile:

3 Likes

hi @ted.iv , @tabear pls wanna know when its possible for me to request for the first payout of the project, so we can kick start already, thank you.

1 Like

Hey @sterryo you can go ahead and request the first part of payout here to the value of 33N.

@RioCarroll you can also request the first part of your funding (8N) in the muti astrodao.

Thanks!

2 Likes

thank you so much, @ted.iv done now. waiting for the voting :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Dear Muti,

Maree Lawn is creating a 4 track ‘homecoming’ EP and is seeking funding for the period of February 2022, to support the creation process, cost of photo shoot and design for the album cover and costs of mixing/mastering of the works.

The album will be a culmination of 5 years in Portugal, plus a 6 month tour around New Zealand, a returning home after many years away. An insight into the internal life and trip around her home country.

Requirements:

• links to your music/portfolio:

After finishing a jazz degree in Wellington, Feilding born Shannon Lawn took off on an epic adventure around the world, a quest that has so far lasted over 9 years.
She has discovered worlds within worlds of sound, across musical traditions such as Cambodian folk music, bulgarian vocal folk, experimental electronic music production, chanting, jazz, experimental pop, hiphop, spoken word poetry, appalachian folk and more and has experienced sound with artists such as Bob Rakalam Moses, Georgia-Anne Muldrow, Mined Music, Inquérito, :Papercutz and more.
Her solo project, Maree Lawn, is an autobiographical sound exploration into her inner world, reminiscent of various music’s such as triphop, neo soul, jazz, dark experimental electrónica, coloured by her vocal expression which ranges from sweet and delicate to dark and ferocious.

Previous releases:

YouTube channel:

• participating artists & nearnames

Producer, vocalist, composer: Maree Lawn mareelawn.near
Emgineering: Tom Cosm

• studio space

home studio of legend ableton ninja Tom Cosm Tom Cosm - Wikipedia

• time line

December - track play and brianstorm; beat, vocal, lyrical, musical rough structure outlined
January - Tracks completed for performance and production completed. Test performance of some or all tracks at Twisted Frequency festival, Takaka 2022 and Muti livestream and more.
February - Final recording at home studio of Tom Cosm and mixing and mastering. Photo shoot and album artwork designed and completed. Project ready for release.

• requested value & distribution in usd

4 tracks creation (composition, vocal and instrumental recording, production, studio space, eating hehe) - $350
Studio and engineering - $200
Photoshoot and art works - €150

Total of 700usd.

Thank you for your time and consideration, I hope you’ll consider my work worthy of support and funding. Big love from NZ!

Please let me know if any of this needs reworking! I hope it is sufficient

Maree Lawn

3 Likes

Hey, hey @Mareelawn !

Thanks for the proposal. It’s looking great so far.
We’re still working through our budget for January and getting all of this sorted but this proposal is on the todo list for the muti council to chat through… In the meantime, here are a few small request:

• could Tom Cosm be onboarded and paid in NEAR as part of this proposal?
  • With many of the muti recs so far we’ve made some sort of NFT for the muti mintbase store to represent the project. It can be super simple or the full release… up to you really! would this be possible to add in to the project?

Thanks again :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@sterryo all files received and we will mint via the muti store in the coming days.
In the meantime you can go ahead and request the second part of the funding 300 DAI through our astrodao here.. At the time of the budget we converted the NEAR to DAI to keep it in the ecosystem but hold it’s value to pay out the artists.

2 Likes

thank ypu so much, im gonna do right away… i look forward to onboarding people to muti and working with them right away!

2 Likes

https://app.astrodao.com/dao/muti.sputnik-dao.near

i just dropped the request now, wating for the vote… thank you!

@ted.iv @tabear

1 Like

Heyhey,

I saw that you requested 25N, please send another proposal for 300 DAI, as we converted the values to guarantee the requested amount :slight_smile:

okay thank you, ive gone make another proposal for 300 DAI now
check,
Astro.

@tabear @ted.iv

I can help Tom set up a Near wallet, but for onboarding he isnt yet interested.

For sure let’s mint an NFT or two or four. It’d be very cool for me!

1 Like

Hey @Mareelawn
thanks for the patience. After our meeting, we’ve agreed that we can fund this project in two equal parts over the course of January and February (ie. 350 this month and 350 next month). If this is ok with you, we’re happy to finalise it in our budget for the month.
Thanks

2 Likes

This is great news! Thank you team Muti

2 Likes

Ahoy!

I would love to take this opportunity in February to release a 4 track EP in March.

Project name - umhume

Funding period - February 2022

Composition, production and mixing - umhume.near
Mastering - TBC
Artwork - TBC

About me:
“Umhume” means cave, the place where I live.
Music composer/producer based in Portugal, been DJing in underground rave parties under this alter-ego for over 5 years and now is the time to release original productions that have been slowly fermenting in the depths of my mind.
For this first release, the focus will be the “4 to the floor” structure, creating an eclectic mix of hypnotic dancefloor focused tunes, whether in downtempo or upper BPMs, bright or dark themes, expect groove.
A collection of NFTs will be created to pair with the songs, although given the limitations upon minting, a shorter version of the songs will be used.

Soundcloud: Stream umhume music | Listen to songs, albums, playlists for free on SoundCloud
IG: umhume

The budget breakdown:

200 USD - Composing, Production & Mixing
100 USD - Mastering
100 USD - Artwork
50 USD - Promo & Marketing

Artwork and Mastering are still to be confirmed, nevertheless, the invited artist and engineer will be onboarded within the ecosystem, in case they are not part of it already.

My proposed budget is flexible and in case there are more proposals for muti.rec, I suggest to split the funding in:

300 USD - February
150 USD - March

Looking forward to see this coming to life and support muti collective, let me know if i need to adjust anything here!
Much love :green_heart:

2 Likes