[ON HOLD] |muti.rec: funding of a studio session for musicians

Hello guys,

Just to check back in on the status of the September recording session of shakalofi.near

The recording was completed on September 5th in Scratch Built Studios, Lisbon, with @mwhyden on production and myself on sound engineering duties.

Over the past month, @mwhyden & Shaka have been working back and forth on the mixing and mastering of the album and I’m delighted to announce that it is finished and ready to go!

In the meantime, I have taken some of Shaka’s woodblock art and digitally reworked it to be used as the final artwork for the release:

I also produced an NFT of a piece of artwork created as part of the process that has been animated and paired with a soundscape from the LP. It is now available through the muti mintbase store:

The project will be officially released in January 2021, and now that it is finished, we plan to use this time to work on marketing and promotional materials as well as organising a launch event.

I’m requesting the second part of the funding now that this project is complete and will post an update here also when the LP is released publicly.

@tabear @thefalmon

4 Likes

This looks and sounds amazing! As the initial proposal was made in N, before the transition to USD, feel free to request the 130N to distribute with artist, sound engineer etc. :slight_smile:

The 40N Guidance fee was thought to be used for the onboarding, minting, contacting artists & getting the things rolling etc. As in the meantime @ted.iv has become an onboarded council member and did part of the work, the split will be
10N tediv.near
30N muticollective.near (which will be staked & used as a buffer for further creative projects)
90N to be paid out for artists/sound design etc.

2 Likes

So thankful to be a part of this, was so much fun and learned a lot! Grateful to be able to do my part in bringing Shakas Lo-fi to the masses!

2 Likes

4 Likes

Dear near community near and far.

I’m Ilya, a musician, a writer, a visual artist, and, among other things, a member of the band The Tourorists.

I was recently introduced to this digital space by friends and fellow band members within the muti community, and I’m really inspired by and interested in what you guys are doing.

Here’s my proposal for November’s edition of muti.rec.

muti.rec: The Tourorists EP

Funding period: November 2021.

Project members:
Band:
Ilya Padalka - ilyapadalka.near
Joaquim DeBrito - shakalofi.near
Eddie Ivers - tediv.near

Production:
Mark Waldron-Hyden - mwhyden.near
plus sound engineer (tbc)

Description:

The Tourorists is a Lisbon-born, multinational band consisting of myself, i.e. Ilya (Russia/U.S.), Eddie (Ireland), and Shaka (Portugal). Formed circa 2017, we recorded our first EP in 2020 and have since been playing in numerous venues and cultural spaces throughout Lisbon and the metaverse. Our second EP is now in its final stages and set to be recorded at Scratch Built Studios (Lisbon) on November 27, 28 of 2021.

First EP:

More about The Tourorists:

Breakdown:

$ 480 - Studio Rental for two full days (240 per day including gear)
$ 75 - Sound Engineer
$ 225 - Production & Mastering
$ 150 - Artist Fees & Associated Costs
$ 100 - Artwork/Design

plus muti governance fee

Requested amount: $ 1,030 & muti governance fee

P.S.: This is my first time posting on this forum, so please let me know if I’m out of touch. On behalf of myself and The Toruroists, thank you for your time and consideration.

3 Likes

Heya!

Thank you for your proposal!
In order to fund as many projects as possible, we have decided to fund a maximum of 1000 USD per project. We’re happy to fund 500 USD this month for your session and the remaining 500 USD after completion in December. Once the payout is ready, we will let you know :slight_smile:

It would be great to also get one NFT from the recording to be minted in the muti mintbase store :rocket:

The muti guidance fee is also not required in this case as all of you have already been onboarded :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
The Tourorists are equal parts grateful, humbled, inspired, and excited…but more grateful than the other three parts…Thank you! (p.s.: the NFT will no doubt be made to mint once the rec commences…) :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

3 Likes

Dearest @communistopher,
time has come, please post your first payout request for 500 USD / 47.3N to our DAO: https://app.astrodao.com/dao/muti.sputnik-dao.near

Use this forum link for the “external URL” please & let us know if you need help with it :slight_smile: Looking forward getting some updates in this post once the project has started :slight_smile: :rocket:

1 Like

Dear muti community-
The Tourorists second EP is well on its way and we are grateful, having fun, and excitement! However, the Lisbon studio where said EP was booked to be recorded on Nov. 27/28 two weeks ago has suddenly informed the band that “construction works are not finished yet” (“construction works??,” we said to ourselves…) and have asked to postpone the recording to “around Dec. 15” (“around?,” we further pondered…). And so, we are putting our heads together, both sending and expecting to receive good vibes only, hoping for the best while preparing alternatives, and figuring it out… We will keep the community posted with transparent updates (and new music) as soon as we know more (and have it).
Thank you all again!"

3 Likes

Hello Muti community, my name is Rio Carroll and I am a rap artist from Germany. Earlier this year I released my EP - Eucharestie - (links are shown below).
You more than welcome to listen :slight_smile:

About my request :
I would like to take advantage of the monthly studio booking.

My idea is to book the studio regularly. Mostly only on Saturdays for 2.5h because I work during the week. My suggestion is to work on the song during the week at home pre-record the whole thing and then do the final recording in the studio. If I don’t have a song by Thursday evening or Friday morning I will not book the studio, of course. The studio owner needs at least 24 hours notice to keep the date free. It is only about the room use ( 10 euro per h ) because I use my own equipment. I would be very grateful if you give me the opportunity to follow my passion as an artist. Thanks in advance.
LOVE

RIO CARROLL

Spotify : Spotify

Youtube : Rio Carroll - YouTube

1 Like

Hey @RioCarroll nice to meet you!
thanks for the intro to the project, it’s shaping up. I just have one or two suggestions from the muti side in terms of logistics and organisation.

What I would suggest we do is fund the equivalent of 10 hours of studio time for a 4 week period. This would be divided into 4 weekends of 2.5 hour sessions as you mentioned above. This is as a guideline of course and if things change, no problem. What we would ask is maybe that we could get one NFT for the muti store by the end of the project and that we would fund the first half before the start of the project and the second part on completion of the project. How does this sound?

1 Like

Hello everyone!

I’m Nacho, I’ve recently been introduced to this great community by friends (members of the muti council) - they have always been willing to support my work, and they’re doing it one more time :slight_smile:

I’m super excited to present you my proposal for January’s edition of muti.rec!

muti.rec: achoNacho EP recording

Project members:
Nacho Carrillo - achonacho.near
Tilly Pegrum
Emma Whallett
Joaquim DeBrito - shakalofi.near

**Funding Period:**January 2022

Description:

“Acho”: multi use expression used across all contexts and generations, meaning pretty much everything: it’s a sign of identity of Murcia (Spain) and its culture

achoNacho is the solo project of Nacho Carrillo, a Spanish composer and singer based in Lisbon.

Throughout his artistic life he has participated in various musical projects. However it wasn’t until he moved to Lisbon, where he was influenced by the dynamic artistic scene, that he started to play around the city with the songs that had been travelling with him. He found himself comfortable in a place where music and performance share the same importance.

In this first 5 tracks EP he mixes the sounds of old and new Spanish songwriters, Latin rhythms, warm melodies from here and there… some thoughts about time, life and love, while exploring the sounds of the guitar, its atmospheres and its intimacies.

This funding will go towards the costs involved in renting a studio for two days to record mix and master the EP, musicians fee (Emma Whallett on charge of flute and a third band member still to determine) as well as the artwork and design for the EP that will be created by Tilly Pegrum (link to her art below) / Emma and Tilly will be onboarded with a Near wallet.

Breakdown:

$ 595 - Studio Rental EP package (Recording for three days + engineer + mixing and mastering)
$ 80 - Art work
$ 40 - Flautist
$ 60 - Percussionist

Total of 775 USD.

Little demo of some of the songs for the EP:

Tilly’s art
https://www.tillypegrum.com/

Thank very much for your time and welcoming me in this space! :dizzy:

3 Likes

Im a celebrity music producer in Nigeria which have produced the likes of OLAKIRA , DAVIDO, ZUCHU & LYTA. Coming to the NFTs space 4 months ago made me the first NFT producer in africa, i have over 13k followers on Ig @sterryoofficial I dropped my first NFT project 4 months ago CREATED CREATOR since i joined the space and dropped exclusive NFT projects, my colleagues have been wondering what magic NFT could make, now i want to start featuring influential celebrities here, making Exclusive NFT projects, creating NEAR wallet for them and on-boarding them into ecosystem making MUTI front-lining in the Nigerian music scene
i want this project to have been ready by 30 DECEMBER 2021 and minted
@tabear

Project Members,
sterryo.near
matangayard.near
larkim.near
chioma.near
2keys.near
Ifeoluwa.near

First i wanna do 4 tracks EP featuring MATANGA AND LARKIM

Thanks for supporting my dreams in making afrobeats NFTs and on-boarding Nigerian celebrities

ill be needing a total sum $600 to carry out this project

Studio Booking OGIDI STUDIO, LAGOS $100
Production $200 (for 2 artistes)
Guitar $50
Sax $50
Mixing & Mastering $100
Artwork $50
Wellfare $50

Wallet : sterryo.near

Hey @sterryo , looks like you’ve got a proposal along the same lines over with the NxM DAO also, can you clarify the difference in the two projects? Thanks!

3 Likes

Hi, the difference here is in NxM DAO I want to (Produce the musicians myself in a digital studio, And mint their NFT in NxM store where there is gonna be a split between us.

But In MUTi, we are recording live music with live bands in live music studio, that’s why I included the OGIDI studio up there in multiple, it’s gonna be a multiple band here which has a different AfroBeats taste.
Thank you @ted.Iv

2 Likes

Ill be looking forward to hear from you, if you understand this project yet. thank you so much @ted.iv

2 Likes

@sterryo ok, thanks for clarifying. Happy to say that this project is approved for the December budget. We will let you know when you can request the payout!

2 Likes

@ted.iv thanks you so much, i feel glad about this. this project is one i feel good carrying out! cant wait for the payout to kickstart the project! :raised_hands:#creatives:muti-dao

2 Likes

Hey @ted.iv and the Muti community,
first of all - thanks a lot for this opportunity. Regarding of the NFT, i´m down with that - for the muti store - for sure. But the thing is, its just a recording session not the final song. That means it also has to be mixed and mastered. But when the songs mixed and mastere - I´m more than down for the NFT.
That you split it in 2 half, for me that is totally fine. Still - thanks for the opportunity :slight_smile:
Sounds good for you guys ?

Rio Carroll

2 Likes

@RioCarroll thanks for the reply!
Ok, sounds good. As for the mixing and mastering, that’s no problem. There is no rush, once the timeline is clear on it.
The split in the muti store will be as it always is, 75% to the artist, 25% to muti :slight_smile:

consider this approved for the December budget. We will let you know when you can draw down the funds via our astrodao!

Thanks

1 Like