[REPORT] MotionDAO |October 2021 Report

Hello all,
MotionDAO had a great month. We accomplished the following:

Highlights:

• The group is becoming a team and 3 of them are part of the MotionDAO council in Sputnik: Marlon, Jeanne and Stef. This is an important advancement in governance.
  • Some members are motivated to explore individually and in collaborations with creative coding, NFT galleries, mapping, DAOs, Guilds, staking, remittances and exchanges.
    Here is Platohedro from Colombia creating his own space
  • Realization of the importance of the NFT for the art world: that much so that took two sessions of 90 minutes.
  • Necessity to continue in November and December with 4 more sessions to complete the prototype of the 8 labs and cover most of the ecosystem nodes.

In November 2021 we would like to cover:

• Social Tokens or Token Design in Near
  • DeFi in Near

In December 2021

• DAOs and Governance.
  • MotionDAO Vision/Mission.

In this was the MotionDAO Labs prototype /pilot is consolidating in 6 sessions instead of 4.
Very exciting month!
Testimonials:

I’m really thankful to Marlon and the team. I have learned a lot and I’m intrigued each day by all the possibilities that are opening up with the guidance, as it makes it much easier to navigate this complex Near ocean. As member of the dance-tech community for many years, I feel reignited and inspired to continue and look forward to the continuation of the workshop.

This experience is very important for me and in this time I learn about NEAr and love this protocol and its ecosystem. MotiónDAO is a great process and I wanna share it with Platohedro’s ecosystem.
I am very passionate about this experience and sometimes maybe I am so intense, I am sure some people from Platohedro will love MotionDAO from many perspectives, with artist, dancers, filmmakers, musicians, and people with different skills and dreams.
I am sharing some things about NEAR with cyphersplato, a team of crypto enthusiasts and they are very interested in it.

Until MotionDAO my only thought about the economy was that something runs really wrong in our currency system. In addition as a digital artist, I understood that I need to learn how the NFTs work to survive.

So I had the privilege of being part of this experiment

The tee first sessions of “MotionDAO” have opened to me the door inside a new possible world:

Another possible world is through a decentralized, logical, sustainable and resilient currency system.

I began to understand NEAR

Comparing it to the inefficiency of the conventional currency system, our anachronistic tax system, the giant co2 footprint that a central Bank leaves … I’m really amazed!

I began to understand minting and experimenting deeper on generating choreographic NFTs

-It works like a multiplier-

Inspired by the idea of @Platohedro and the fact that I work with groups of young people inside a framework of urban development, which are so hungry to learn more about the digital and global world in general, specific NFTs and AI:

I think we could work in regional centers spreading this experience.

Regional workshop as multipliers: Minting for arts

Two more ideas are baking in my brain

-Silences-

Could we create a meditation-based token, as a way to generate value meditating … and thus promote an economy of reduction and an embodiment of awareness?

-Bees dance-

An attempt to Modern and Contemporary dance history register

Like bees, dancers build with their movements thru the last centuries the modern and contemporary dance.

A predefined format like Index cards for tiny choreographies.

Of significant movements both from your own work and from historical records.

So you could combine them in new choreographic videos.

Choreographic mints

Looking forward to continuing grow and develop projects together

Thank you MotionDAO for this opportunity!

Hey, here is a shirt feedback. This group is amazing and NEAR ecosystem seems to be for the first time a blockchain environment I feel comfortable to be part of, this is great, merci Marlon for moving the initial project there!

I followed very attentively the NEARCON and in addition to our meetings, I feel I understand much better the environmt.

I plan to propose a project: an ecosystem for art-science artists indexed to carbon credits based on Near. I plan to reach out to people from Open Forest Protocol (already mentioned their project to key actors in France and the US) and Satori/Peter DePaulo…

Started to buy on Mint and will do more in the next days…

Also, I feel I cld help near using my network in France (art, sustainability businesses etc)

Very grateful and happy of our group

Hello everyone. Marlon for me this experience is fantastic. I am very grateful dor this opportunity and the good luck to know all you. For me NEAR is an amazing network and every day I am Learn about it.
Motion DAO is a honor to participate and I think is very important to share with others group and organizations and our network. I want to have some moments with you in a streaming tha we have called "Acelerador de particularidades ". And share the Motion DAO And Dance Tech. Maybe at November.
I have many ideas . But I Need to lear to stop. Jejejejje.
I want to do many things with Motion DAO
Here in MedellĂ­n there are many dancers and with have some complicidades.

The last Friday I took the second round with the vaccine. And I had been 2 terrible days. Now I feel better. Sorry for the delay

Blockquote

Some images of the workshops:

7 Likes

This experience is very important for me and in this time I learn about NEAr and love this protocol and its ecosystem. MotiónDAO is a great process and I wanna share it with Platohedro’s ecosystem.
I am very passionate about this experience and sometimes maybe I am so intense, I am sure some people from Platohedro will love MotionDAO from many perspectives, with artist, dancers, filmmakers, musicians, and people with different skills and dreams.
I am sharing some things about NEAR with cyphersplato, a team of crypto enthusiasts and they are very interested in it.

1 Like

Hi @marlonbarriossolano - great to see how MotionDAO is growing!

Out of curiosity, how many attendees have you had at your sessions thus far (what awesome things they’re saying - that’s so gratifying to read)?
What kind of follow-up is occurring with attendees who maybe aren’t initially very strongly motivated to explore and collaborate and reach out to you for assistance? How are you presenting the mentorship sessions you’re offering within the community?

Also based on the great activity we’re seeing from you and the community, we’ve set up a subcategory for you to use. Enjoy! :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

ahh cool,
Honestly only two people dropped for schedule conflicts and one I noticed that his engagement was not sufficient and was not participating as the others. The interesting thing of this process is that we have felt the importance of having time and pace for discussions that have demanded a lengthier commitment. We need to develop punctual interventions and thats is how the next round will be: that each module is a stand alone, and we will have the MotionDAO already formed. The mentorship session have been for the same members of the group: they come with questions, etc.
That you for the subcategory!!! we are famous!!

3 Likes