Marketing Update: Week of Feb 12, The Foundation From Moving From Sandbox To The Real-World

about airdrop, you can get the marketing data from pulse:

telegroup members increase 1000% in 3 days,from200 to2000

3 Likes

I come from the createbase community and I think there are many good designers there ready to be involved in a more meaningful way than little easy bounties, we would be happy to cooperate in building the new brand in a more endemic way to briefly answer to @mattlockyer .

As an answer to @blaze I would propose to see the feature of near as a Dev friendly chain as an asset and not a diminishing point (thatā€™s been the very strength of ethereum in the past), Iā€™m graduated in art, but find coding one of the most creative things I ever learned to do, helps me shape new ways to bring technology to people, and thatā€™s what a near Dev is in charge to do imho, create quality smart contracts to be used by as many people as possible. Seeing design and development in a separate way is a losing prospect

3 Likes

Hi, thanks for dropping by. We donā€™t see design and development as separate either which is why we have a working group dedicated to the Brand evolution and it why weā€™ve been posting weekly updates and created the Open Brand - NEAR Protocol website. If there is specific feedback youā€™d like to share with the working group (comprised of NEAR collective, ecosystem partners/founders, and community) ā€“ please DM me and Iā€™ll be happy to work with you on this.

Createbase has some great momentum and talent ā€“ I really love your passion and that you shared your thoughts on the forum. Thank you.

3 Likes

Some thoughts on this one:

ā€”> If there are solid designers on Createbase lets get them connected to other projects building on NEAR so that these projects can have the design support they need a la memes, infographics, startup-branding, etc. I know a lot of the community projects would benefit A TON from this type of help.

ā€”> NEAR is now valued at over $2 billion dollars. As an ecosystem that is going to be gearing up for the next 10 years+ I think it is absolutely essential that we do branding right. That means it is going to take a while to do, and should in principle, encompass and supercede where a lot of crypto is today. Thatā€™s a tricky thing to do, but I think itā€™s pretty clear by now that the route that the NEAR marketing team is taking is a thoughtful, inclusive, and strategic one. I think we should see where this goes and trust in the process.

ā€”> I might have missed where there was a reference to differentiating design from development, but as far as I can tell, design is quite essential for making development accessible and engaging. And, to date, at NEAR we have a super strong and solid focus on development that needs more design thinking, and more long term outreach and branding thinking. Again, why donā€™t we think about this on a scale of 5 to 10 years: NEARā€™s Sharding design will allow the network to scale, NFTā€™s will evolve, the ecosystem as a whole will grow, Sputnik DAO V2 will go through more Versionsā€¦and naturally the NEAR KAT will need to evolve, the brand will need to be enhanced nd positioned as a leading global crypto brand looking ahead. So letā€™s support that now and see where it goes, and change it up down the road if itā€™s not working later on !

Imo, the only way we lose is if we stop trusting each other and stop building this ecosystem together.

2 Likes

Yes, you got my point, we need to build our ecosystem together, but in the last two weeks Iā€™ve spent my time on:
1 a social media strategy design just to find out that the basic points on the importance of design <-> developent interactions pointed out on first instance (as the design thinking path suggest, I teach design thinking in an after college school at the moment) were completely forgot by my referent on the near team, which kept talking about development powers as not intended for the social media strategy.

2 I found Devs scamming with not so defined Dev projects and bounties on the subreddit I already manage for near nft artists, which Iā€™ve been struggling to build in a serious way.

So, Iā€™ll be absolutely glad to speak with a serious person about the social media community design on the design thinking pathway, but in the case I will have to repeatedly point out unfair behaviours I wonā€™t let my time to be wasted anymore.
I am part of createbase but this doesnā€™t mean Iā€™m less serious in my design practice than any other designer, I actually am a freelance designer.

1 Like

And yes the timing point was also one of my issue you canā€™t ask a designer to get an insane amount of subscribers to a subreddit as a first goal, you need to design what that social media can do to promote the near features first, the subscribers will come in the years while the ecosystem grows.
Iā€™m a designer I donā€™t sell subscribers or followers, we need to build this together seeing each otherā€™s worth, not competing in importance in the community.

1 Like

Hey there! Thanks for your feedback. To be specific about what social media channels the NF Marketing Team owns - it is Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Blockfolio.

It sounds like you are helping support efforts across Reddit and other areas (which is very much appreciated! :pray:)

Iā€™m happy to chat with you 1:1 about your experiences and I know the community team (now led by Grace) has put into place some solid strategies, tactics, and support to help with growth of our ever expanding community.

Again, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback.

2 Likes

Hey thanks a lot!
Iā€™d be glad to have a call on telegram (where Iā€™m @jeeltcraft) on wednesday if itā€™s ok for you, let me know your favourite time, Iā€™m in CET timezone (GMT+1).
Thanks for your reply, and happy to coordinate :slight_smile:

1 Like