[APPROVED] KIL DAO June Funding Request

Project/Council Members:

1. Keepitlocal.near
  2. judeashvin.near
  3. netuno.near - @netunoblu
  4. deevlr.near
  5. dreebsby.near

Target: KIL-DAO.SPUTNIKDAO.NEAR

Total Requested Funding Amount: $4500 / 802.139 (@$5.61)

We at KIL DAO are trying to push boundaries in terms of events in the local metaverse and we’ve proven that we’re able to after successfully organizing our second live poetry event with KIL DAO. In addition to that, KIL DAO is thrilled to announce the success of the first Volume 1 of MetaStraits! In our last proposal CreativesDao approved support we requested to execute our idea of pairing 2 artists from 2 different countries in Asia for each Metaverse performance to achieve a cross pollination of fans in attendance just like the model of a physical music festival. We paired Singaporean Pop Punk band ‘Sign of Five’, which has opened in Singapore for notable acts like Simple Plan and Yellow Card, with Malaysian RnB singer Christian Theseira. We saw the desired crosspollination fans who remained in the venue for both performances, onboarding them to the NEAR ecosystem and listing their NFTs. With a mission of using Web3 not just as a platform to bring talent to new audiences, but supporting talent to forge their own regional support systems for touring and collaboration through the Metaverse, KIL DAO aims to continue the series with Volume 2 of MetaStraits on the last Sunday of June, with a view to continue consistently featuring bigger and better talent and onboarding their audiences into the NEAR ecosystem every month.

Reports for both KIL DAO events in May can be found via this link

Keep It Local Presents : It’s Lit Volume 3

Proposed Date and Venue : June 30 2022 at The Playground, Cryptovoxels
Time : 9pm - 10pm

• The live poetry reading/special showcase from two writers/poets. The writers/poets and KIL will produce and pre-record a performance for the showcase. This showcase will be streamed via KIL’s Twitch channel and broadcast at The Playground CV.
  • Each writer/poet will be given a maximum duration of 12 minutes to perform for each showcase. The audience will then be directed to the virtual gallery to view and receive an exclusive NFT by KIL.
  • KIL will mint 1 NFT’s created by the artists on our official MINTBASE Store.
  • The event will be promoted via KIL’s channels on social media including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Tik Tok and Telegram.
    *** Expected Metrics of success - Create and Gift 10 new NEAR Wallets, crowd attendance to be at a minimum of 50 pax and to give out 10 Free NFT’S.**

Cost Breakdown
Event Management - $700

• Itinerary
  • obtaining assets from all acts,
  • creating project brief
  • minting of NFT’S via KIL Store
  • Video recording and images from event for monthly reports
  • Coordinating with @netunoblu for Twitch streams
  • Produce 3x video for talent
  • Coordinate with venue The Playground at Cryptovoxels on the itinerary/agenda, parcel placements, NFT promo
    Performance Fee for 3x writers/poets - $600 (300 USD each)
    Venue fee for The Playground at Cryptovoxels - $50 for 1x events
    Marketing and Promotion for 1x event (Design for posters and promo materials) - $300
    Total : $1650

Keep It Local Live Presents : Metastraits Volume 2

Details / List of Activities during KIL Live
⦁ Proposed Date and Venue : 29th June 2022 at The Playground, Cryptovoxels
⦁ Time : 9pm MY/9am EST/ 3PM CET (Malaysian Artist Showcase) & 9:30PM SG/9.30PM EST/ 3.30PM CET (Singapore Artist Showcase)
⦁ Live performance/ special showcase from one headlining artist for each show.
The artists and KIL will self produce and pre-record a performance for the showcase. The showcase will be streamed via KIL’s Twitch channel and broadcast at The Playground CV.
⦁ Artist will be given a duration of 20 minutes to perform for THE showcase. The audience will then be directed to the virtual gallery to view or purchase an exclusive NFT by the artist.
⦁ KIL will mint 1 NFT created by the artist on our official ⦁ MINTBASE Store.
⦁ 10 FREE NFT’S will be given out during the event. The criteria to obtain those rewards is to have a newly created NEAR account along with sharing the best caption about the event on Social Media. Winners will be tracked via tags @keepitlocal.asia @nxmlive and hashtags #KILDAO #NEAR #metastraits
⦁ The event will be promoted via KIL’s channels on social media including Instagram ⦁ [Facebook], Twitter and Tik Tok.
*** Expected Metrics of success - Create and Gift 10 new NEAR Wallets, crowd attendance to be at a minimum of 50 pax, onboard artist to join @NxM telegram group and to give out 20 Free NFT’S.**

Cost Breakdown for KIL Live in 26 June 2022
Event Management (Malaysian Artist Showcase @ 9pm) - $500
Event Management (Singapore Artist Showcase @ 930pm) - $500

• Itinerary for Keep It Local Live - call time, set times and duration of performance
  • obtaining assets from all acts from Malaysia and Singapore artist
  • Promo Instructions for artist to post on social media (KPI and Deliverables)
  • creating project brief for both acts (KPI and Deliverables
  • minting of NFT’S via KIL Store for Malaysia and Singapore Artist
  • Coordinating with @netunoblu for Twitch streams for 2 videos
  • Produce 2x videos for talent
  • Coordinate with venue The Playground at Cryptovoxels on the itinerary/agenda, parcel placements, NFT promos
    Performance Fee (Malaysian artist) - $500
    Performance Fee (Singaporean artist) - $500
    Venue fee for The Playground at Cryptovoxels - $50 x 2 = $100
    Streaming/Production fee = $60
    Marketing and Promotion for 2x events (Design for posters, Artist NFT and promo materials) - $250
    Total : $2410

DAO Facilitation : $500

Total Amount: $4500 / 802.139 (@$5.61)

4 Likes

Hello KIL DAO!

A few things to share and ask here…

The first is that we noticed that you have been receiving funding from Creatives DAO since January but didnt make your ASTROdao until April and have not used it until this month. Would you be willing to expand on the reasoning for this, how you have been distributing your funds and how you have ensured decentralization within your community these last six months?

Second is, as we transition as a community and prepare ourselves to give bigger reports back to NEAR Foundation for the metrics of our Creatives DAO Community, we would like to ask if you could add in a section at the end of your proposal around your expected metrics for success. This can be things likes number of participants expected, what outcomes, which/how many products, etc. Basically consolidating your outcomes into metrics. This will make it easier to relate to those number when you make your next report and when we make a larger report for the community as a whole.

We need the community to share metrics on their proposals in an effort to collectively prepare to approach NF to prove our value. I believe there is a way to do this with ease, we can help if you need help, our intention is for everyone to unify and gain stability in this moment. Next month we will implement a clear guideline of what is expected.

Thank you so much!

2 Likes

Hey @adrianseneca sorry it took a while for us to reply this message. Thanks for raising those points with us as I am more than happy to elaborate and clarify this matter with you. First things first, as I mentioned to @FritzWorm we were unable to use the DAO platform the past couple of months as we were new to the platform and we did not onboard it accordingly hence on why it did not function properly. We were unsure on how it works, I have tried seeking assistance but I was told to join the astro dao group on Telegram but did not obtain much from there either. However, I would take full responsibility for that as I should have continued to seek help from the Creatives DAO which is what i intend to do moving forward. In addition to that, based on the new payout process given by the NEAR foundation, we were receiving funds directly to our NEAR wallet instead of our DAO wallet so it made it easier for us to transfer funds from there and not through Astro Dao. In a matter of transparency, I have attached proof’s of the payouts given to our DAO community over the past few months,

@vandal and @netunoblu will be able to vouch for us on this as well since they have been both receiving payouts via our wallet keepitlocal.near. With that being said, we intend to use our DAO platform moving forward as a matter of transparency and to make our process of onboarding and payouts easier.

You may also refer to this PDF that highlights our accomplishments from previous events,
Sample of Past Work 2 MetaStraits Highlight of Past Work & (2).pdf (360.7 KB)

KIL DAO has sucessfully onboarded over 30 new members to our NEAR ecosystem over the last 3 months and it can be viewed via the our report below,

On top of that, we have also onboarded over 9 South East Asian artist from MY and Singapore to the NEAR platform, KIL DAO and the @NxM community including

1. najwa.near
  2. ashtin.near
  3. roshanisaac.near
  4. trophyknives.near
  5. skiesarered.near
  6. dreebsby.near
  7. signoffive.near
  8. danielsid.near
  9. jumero.near

We have also launched our official our very own KIL NFT store via @Mintbase where we have given our over 20 Free NFT’S to our community along with gifting a NEAR account. We have also received an average attendance of 100 Pax per show, I have attached the date from our last show below,
WhatsApp Image 2022-06-06 at 3.22.23 AM

We hope we have provided sufficient information and clarification to the Creatives community, please let me know if I have left anything out. I have also added the metrics of success required for our proposal. Thanks you for the opportunity and we look forward to hearing back from you. Thanks Adrian :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you so much for sharing with us. We understand it is hard to learn the systems sometimes but want to clarify that in order to be considered a DAO in this community it means you are actively using your AstroDAO. I am relaying all this info to the moderators.

The last questions we had were around the event management fees. Could you explain why a one hour event is $700 for management and a 30min performance costs $500 in management?

1 Like

Hey @adrianseneca

No worries, I am glad to be able to clarify things and we assure you and the moderators that we will our Astro Dao will be active moving forward. We have done so much in space and we aim to create more experiences for KIL DAO and NEAR.

As for the question you had regarding the budget, the one hour event is $700 because we have to handle 3 acts and designate 2 people from our council to handle all 3 acts, our production crew and the venue coordination. However the second event only has two artist from different regions so we usually designate 3 council members to coordinate each act and crew. Hence on why we allocated a budget of $500 for our council members from Malaysia and Singapore.

I do realize that I have made a mistake for our first event as it should state 3 poets for 200 USD each which is what we did for our previous events. I have made the change accordingly. Let me know if we have missed out on anything else. Thanks Adrian

2 Likes

Thanks so much for your response! I am thinking perhaps giving a line item budget will help the moderators understand the pricing of this. Could you define what tasks come with handling the acts, production crew and venue coordination are?

Could you also clarify what coordinating each act and crew requires?

1 Like

No problem @adrianseneca

As for the first question. the deliverables and task for handling 3 acts and crew include

1. Project Management for the entire event
  • Itinerary
  • obtaining assets from all acts,
  • creating project brief
  • minting of NFT’S via KIL Store
  • Coordinating with @netunoblu for Twitch streams
  • Produce 3x video for talent
  • Coordinate with venue The Playground at Cryptovoxels on the itinerary/agenda, parcel placements, NFT promos

As for the second question, in terms of coordinating with act and crew requires

• Itinerary for Keep It Local Live - call time, set times and duration of performance
  • obtaining assets from all acts from Malaysia and Singapore artist
  • Promo Instructions for artist to post on social media (KPI and Deliverables)
  • creating project brief for both acts (KPI and Deliverables
  • minting of NFT’S via KIL Store for Malaysia and Singapore Artist
  • Coordinating with @netunoblu for Twitch streams for 2 videos
  • Produce 2x videos for talent

Malaysia and Singapore team from KIL DAO will be working concurrently from their respective countries as they are easily accessible to the artist.

I have added the list of items to the proposal as well.

2 Likes

Thanks so much for the updates! This proposal follows the Creatives DAO Guidelines, so it is approved by the Community Moderators. Please create a poll on the Creatives DAO Astrodao, so that the council can vote. When and if the vote of the council is ‘yes’, approach NF for your payout proposal, following this guideline: [New Process] Community Payouts. Also, Feel free to join our Discord Server to Post Your Monthly Reports and Funding Proposals for Better Organization

2 Likes

Awesome :slight_smile:

Thanks for all the help @adrianseneca Much appreciated as always! Will post our reports on Discord server as well.

2 Likes