[INTRO] I-O-T DAO launched on Astro

This post is to announce the launch of the I-O-T DAO on Astro

Humans love Things.

Since the beginning of time we have crafted tools to help make our lives better, we have created objects to beautify our surroundings and we have personalized Things to reinforce our individual identity.

Community networks have a long history. From tribal gatherings to churches and local markets, people have gathered to discuss and exchange ideas and goods, being part of a community is an important part of life.

The advent of the internet has allowed new forms of communication and community to evolve. Web2 made it possible to have two way M2M communication, enabling the development of Things that are interconnected, interactive and intelligent.

Now Web3 makes it possible to bring decentralization and monetization into the mix.

Decentralized networks form symbiotic relationships between the blockchain and the internet but do not yet manifest themselves in the real world.

The I-O-T DAO seeks to explore the real world applications of web3 and the NEAR blockchain, to push boundaries and create new Things, improving the quality of life for everyone.

PROBLEMS

Analogy #1 - Crypto is like oil in an vehicle engine
The vehicle is fitted with sensors and gauges to give real time data on the engine condition. Too much oil and the engine will choke and splutter, too little and it will overheat and seize up. The driver needs to be aware of this and take steps to ensure the vehicle can run smoothly.

The creator economy being built by the NEAR ecosystem allows projects to focus on building and creating by providing the ‘oil’ to function smoothly.

Analogy #2 - ATM v Crypto transaction
The bank cash machine gives ease of access to money and, for those with funds, a way to tangibilize their assets by withdrawing physical notes.

The NEAR blockchain and wallet gives permissionless power over the the entire process… we now need to create real world use cases and ways to tangibilize our assets.

Analogy #3 - Crypto is like mycelium
This poorly understood lifeform is ubiquitous and connects all plants on this planet. It’s fruit - the humble mushroom - is a seasonal reminder of it’s existence.

The mission of IOTDAO is to bring the NEAR ecosystem to life by creating ways to interact with the blockchain through physical objects - Things.

SOLUTIONS

I-O-T DAO will provide the platform and tools to create Things in real life (IRL).

I-O-T DAO will provide the tools to propose, fund, create, own and govern our future.

I-O-T DAO seeks to offer a real physical alternative to the VR future offered by others.

Game players know that you can build reality, creating virtual worlds that are only limited by your imagination. Now it’s time to take it up a level and build Things for real.

Let’s make Things happen!

We will shortly announce our Roadmap that will outline our plans for 2022.

If you would like to get involved or contribute to the project please join our Telegram group - Telegram: Contact @iotdao

4 Likes

This is great. I just joined the telegram group.

1 Like