🔴 I propose to create a special fund to support and develop NFT creativity through the direct purchase of their work

I propose to create a special fund to support and develop NFT creativity through the direct purchase of their work. We believe NEAR needs to create a supportive environment around NFTs and artists now. Artists and creatives are the most powerful advertising and PR assistant in our ecosystem. One post on the TWITTER social network by far from the most popular artists easily gains dozens and even hundreds of likes and reposts, each artist, trying to find new markets, makes dozens of reposts by other artists a day and spreads his post. And everywhere he puts #NEAR #NFT, NFT marketplaces note. There is no cheaper and more effective advertising. It’s time to move the Overton window !!!

Look at 07/28/21 Mintbase earned 9379N, which is a little more than 9 ETH (for the entire existence of the site for 877 artists !!! AND 21050 !!! Tokens)

And on the site https://foundation.app One well-known artist with thousands of audiences can earn 10-20-30-40-50 or more ETH for 1 deal !!! These are the people whom Eterium supported from the very beginning. These are the fruits of previously sown seeds !!!

It is urgent to change !!! !!!

I propose to allocate 5000N for the first month and evaluate the result after this period.

Such grants should be permanent and gradually expand as the technology is mastered.

Sotov Valentin - infinitynft.near
E-mail: nft.transform@gmail.com
transform.red

1 Like

Just my thoughts/question about this proposal:

How does it help the NFT ecosystem on near, buying some NFTs for 5000N with dao funds? - Doesn’t sound like a sustainable solution imho on first sight.
Who decides which and why these NFTs will be bought?

Also consider that mintbase mainnet release was just 2~ months ago, so “for the entire existence of the site” sounds a bit dramatic.

3 Likes

Artists and creatives are the most powerful advertising and PR assistant in our ecosystem. One post on the TWITTER social network by far from the most popular artists easily gains dozens and even hundreds of likes and reposts, each artist, trying to find new markets, makes dozens of reposts by other artists a day and spreads his post. And everywhere he puts #NEAR #NFT, NFT marketplaces note. There is no cheaper and more effective advertising. It’s time to move the Overton window !!!

:point_up:t4: In my opinion, at this point everything is disclosed quite widely) You will not find a cheaper and more reliable PR and advertising tool than the creative community. If you know in this way for 5000H Form a community of at least 100 people and make organic reach of hundreds of thousands of views and tens of thousands of contacts + only positive reviews and image formation outside the inner circle of NEAR individuals? Name this method, I’m ready to discuss this topic) :heart:

Main problem with launching every marketplace is reaching critical mass, as without critical mass it is usually not interesting enough for either subscribers or consumers.

Check out e.g. what Substack is doing for writers

Artists need relatively steady stream of income to invest their time into platform. Collectors need to see great selection of works to see the value in the platform.

So to solve both of these issues during the bear market in NFT space I think it’s good idea to inject more funds.

The way I see it – multiple trusted people in NEAR ecosystem should receive grants to chose NFTs to buy and run their galleries. We can chose later who needs to double down based on their achievements (both from POV of art aesthetic and POV of money recirculated in economy, i.e. funded artists buying NFTs themselves or collected NFTs being sold on secondary market).

Apart of funding artists this would also provide a way for collectors to chose among the variety of available art, as you’d have curated selections from different people where you can chose based on whose taste resonates with you.

It’s obviously not sustainable by itself in current market conditions, but the long bet is that at some point with good selection of early art you can potentially get some money back on secondary market.

4 Likes

Thank you for an excellent article;)

1 Like

I agree the NFT ecosystem could use an injection of funding and interest.

I don’t believe big sales are the only ways to support artists. I believe the micro payments and streaming of payments are a powerful tool of blockchain.

I propose a curators club where 2000 is distributed between 3-5 buyers. Starting point for the experiment. If it goes well, start more curator clubs (different languages to start).

This approach is sustainable. It will teach a greater number of people to appreciate art. It will also be another source of income for artists who are already skilled in critique and collection. It will also engrain the habit of buying art. After #card4card I can’t stop :wink:

To receive funding for the next month, those curators will need to show proof of engagement with the art and artists.

• Social media content
    • use a social media manager like buffer to multiply your signal across platforms
  • Virtual gallery placement
    • CV is fine if you can afford it, Mozilla Hubs is free
  • Written article published across several platforms
    • Medium, mirror, substack, hive etc. I don’t know of a way to automate this like short form social media.
  • Weekly “clubhouse critiques” where the collectors will discuss trends and their taste.
    • Casual voice chat because everyone is burnt out on video meetings
    • Try discord stage, twitter spaces, clubhouse, etc, experiment with what works
    • If the topic is a group of NFT collectors sharing what they look for in artwork, it should go viral.
4 Likes

I would like to apply to become a member of this curators club! I am NFTBUZZ and I purchased my first NFT in Q1 2020. Currently I HODL over 500 NFTs on several blockchains. I was introduced recently to the near ecosystem and I was super impressed by what I discovered.

I host Twitter Spaces occasionally focused on different topics including contemporary art, defi x nft, and artistic vulnerability. My spaces are all about learning from one another & promoting artists of all mediums.

Please discover my collection of NEAR NFTs on Paras here

You can see my twitter stats from July 2021 here

Please explore my NFT collection on showtime here

Also please discover my blog here

I own an exclusive location to onCyber, a VR art gallery integrated with ETH & TEZ

Please explore my onCyber Galleries here

3 Likes

Is this your collection too? Can you contact me via telegram?
Is this your collection too? Can you contact me via telegram? @TRANSFORM_NFT
Telegram: Contact @nftinfinity is my chat

1 Like

Hi - I would love to participate as a curator. I have a strong social media following and a CV parcel to showcase collected works. You can view all my links here: Yat

I’m both an artist and a collector new to the NEAR ecosystem and would love the opportunity to help show the lovely works being minted on the chain to help onboard more artists and collectors.

Thank you!

4 Likes

This is a great idea! I’d like to create and mint more art as well as do some more writing on NFTs and artists.

I’ve gotten deeper into graphics and even launched an online store for my designs at www.ArtistryLand.space

This article I wrote covering NEAR and Jordan got quite a bit of Twitter traction: NEAR’s Jordan Gray hosts Card4Card, a crypto art exchange for artists to mint and trade NFTs | Janessa Robinson | NewsBreak

NewsBreak is focused on local news reporting so I’d like to write about NFTs and artists on Artistry Land or it could be cool to do guest posts on NEAR’s Medium.

2 Likes

Thanks for the proposal, we definitely should fund this.

I think there are next interesting ways this DAO should function:

• Invest into artists early: this can be streaming payments on small sums paid out, creating interest for artists to start working with the platform
  • Curation of the NFT items by buying them. Sputnik V2 allows to do this now via a DAO mechanism.
  • Creating stories around these artists and art work to promote it in the ecosystem
  • Resell the art, as both artist and art work become more known

This is pretty much what “dealers” in art world doing, by finding early artists, funding them to get access, promoting them and reselling their art work. Now on-chain critically artists can participate better via royalties in this process and transparently see engagement around their work and connect with fan base directly as well.

@INFINITY Can you please link the Sputnik v2 DAO in the proposal that should get funded? Few initial curator members with their profiles would be good start for 5k.

Next funding step should be then based on engagement around the art that this curators have acquired and artists engagement as @vlad suggested.

I also think multiple of these DAOs is also justifiable as we will see different access to artists and different tastes.

4 Likes

I recommend this fund should be country by country. Because only people in that country can understand the art culture of that country. I want to be a part of a project to promote the development of NFT and the arts in Vietnam!

3 Likes

Can you tell us in more detail what strategy of interaction with artists do you see? Can you link to works by 10 artists you would like to purchase?
Are these familiar people or do you not know each other?

2 Likes

I can totally do that. Those are people who don’t know each other. I am confident that I am knowledgeable in the field of Vietnamese painting!
Here are some performance art pieces that I have collaborated with artists to make:

2 Likes

Vietnam is a very developed market, we are young people who are always looking for new things. Very good for developing the NFT and crypto art market.

2 Likes

I think everyone will be interested to know what is happening right now and what the system of small grants has already led to.

1. At the moment my sister’s group is constantly talking about NFT, NEAR, NFT, NEAR, NFT, NEAR … Artists learn to use the sites. Not everything always works out right away, it happens that we come across “bugs”, which are most often associated with certain technical work in the wallet. The guys are very enthusiastic, they are massively distributing their work with the #near tag. They help me repost my messages to large audiences. Also, our “cashback” system has already started working on the support of other artists (it is described in detail in this agreement, which was signed by each program participant). The effect can be seen on its dao https://www.sputnik.fund/#/dao/art.sputnikdao. (where funds have already started to accumulate)) There may well be people in her group who can help educate many others and take 3 artists for an initial micro-grant of 50N. The number of their subscribers and their activity can be viewed by their profile (this is only Twitter, without a closed group in telegrams)
    150 🅝 @ Sanj0nas sanjonas.near
    150 🅝 @ JAzure6 azur.near
    150 🅝 @bourgeois_ie deanhoffa.near
    150 🅝 @bekkerantn bekkerantn.near
    150 🅝 @grekknhnft grekknhnft.near
    150 🅝 @IpekMorel silkywayart.near
    150 🅝 @ be747 thebe.near
    150 🅝 @whoiscavenaghi cavenaghi.near

All have signed the following agreement:

1. There is also a noticeable revival in my group, Telegram: Join Group Chat My people in it are very different. He considers some communities to be quite “toxic” in chat. But he started creating awesome memes and I even became his hero)

The grant program can be terminated for each individual person. This is the most interesting and dramatic moment that each of the participants will approach at the end of the month. ) All participants show increased activity. Create new memes, mints them like NFTs. They repost all my actions, actions MELODY.

∞ 50 🅝 ralfusha.near - Ralfusha @ Ralfusha3
∞ 50 🅝 haenko.near - Evgeniy @ haenko21
∞ 50 🅝 brbn.near - Yuri +380 50 846 5749
∞ 50 🅝 onipenkodima.near - Dima YouTube, Telegram: Contact @Dima_Cryptoo
∞ 50 🅝 justerror.near - Zhenya Telegram: Contact @EvangelS
∞ 50 🅝 vaness.near - Ivan @vaness_nft
∞ 50 🅝kseniiashm.near - kseniiashimshek@gmail.com Telegram: Contact @ksks0202
∞ 50 🅝duocelot. near Duocelot augustocarv@gmail.com
∞ 150🅝 animem. About ANIMEM donatiklajkpostavil@gmail.com

As for this question, I will form a new topic and a detailed description.

2 Likes

Thanks for the report! Great to see so much activity in such a short amount of time. Are there analytics tools on the platforms your artists are using? It would be nice to measure impressions and interactions to see what memes and art are working.

2 Likes

:red_circle: Maybe you can recommend some software for keeping statistics on Twitter? or something else. It seems to me that we are getting quite an interesting experiment. I will try to keep you informed of what is happening, I just have almost no time left now. I think that now I will decide the main points of organizing the hackathon and try to describe all the events in more detail.

I think it would be nice for us to chat at ZOOM. Can we do it this week?
I have a good translator and I would like to synchronize the conversation with him.

Twitter has an analytics section where all account statistics are collected.

1 Like