[Hackathon_may] VR A Flowershop with NFT plants

Project: VR: A flowershop with NFT plants

Challenge area: “Virtual Reality, Onboarding”

NeoBloom – Grow your own NFT (for VR-dao)

Project Member: Allan Yde (yde.near)

One liner: Imagine cultivating or buying a NFT flower pot that grows over time.

Project summary:

I want to utilize an already existing metaverse like Cryptovoxels to test, deploy and open the flowershop, before it branches out to the great ether of metaverses, all through Mintbase.

After your purchase of the pot plant you can nurture it watch it grow and bring it into different metaverses. Ultimately it can survive through many generations and you can pass it on the your kids or grandkids.

For NEAR tokens you can buy a flower pot. You can also become a botanist that cultivates the flowers that you can buy in the VR flower shop. As a farmer you can get seeds from the flowershop to cultivate and grow different plants. The first on boarding seed will be free. You can then get more seeds from the plant shop for NEAR tokens. You can always sell your seed back. The botanists will cultivate and mint their plants to the flowershop for NEAR tokens. It can then be found on Mintbase NFT marketplace, or you can simply go to the shop on Cryptovoxels.

A large potential for educational purposes

• The whole process of NFT creation, buying and selling.

• Agriculture, learn how to cultivate your plants and how different conditions (moisture, temperature, watering intervals and more) each species need.

Finally VR hardware has gotten an affordable pricing that is within reach of the masses. You can now get a VR headset for 300 dollars, which means soon the most of the family will have access to the different metaverses around the web.

Onboarding people to Mintbase with tangibility of buying a plant.

A platform like Mintbase on Near allows creative coders and designers to access the blockchain with ease. It feels much like what the Processing foundation did with Javascript and later what P5js did with Javascript bringing the creatives to the frontline. With tangible projects like this Near and Mintbase will be able to attract more artistic minds to develop

Not only this would push for more commercial use-cases in the NEAR network, but would be a blueprint for community-driven funding, sharing knowledge in the farming space and generate new ideas of how to use the potential of NFTs.

• Generate different seeds with unique identifiers and generate 3D models of selected plant species (with Blender or any other 3D modelling software).

• Integrate plant growing database with the different plant species.

• Create a farming spot for cultivation of seeds and plants for the botanists/farmers that will grow and mint NFT plants.

• Design and make the flowershop, locate it in a metaworld on Cryptovoxels.

• Integrate with the NEAR and Mintbase eco-system (NFT shop).

I strongly believe this platform would be a reference in the VR space, serving multiple purposes, regarding onboarding new comers and introducing creative minds to beautiful decentralized tooling.

5 Likes

Hey @Xulipa how are you doing?? The VR DAO is still on and we’re still funding proposals. We’d like to know if this project was taken further in the post- hackathon. How is it going? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Let us know if anything is needed! cheers :raised_hands:

1 Like

Hello @JulianaM All good here in Lisbon :slight_smile:
Ohh cool!
I have been super busy lately, but I was thinking of taking it further and starting with a slidedeck. Will that still be included in the DAO?
Also I have another proposal for a more ambitious project, where do you suggest that I post that?

All the best, X

1 Like

hey! Just post it here on create a new proposal topic, it’s all good! We’ll figure it out together :slightly_smiling_face: :upside_down_face:

1 Like

hello!! we also are in Lisbon :slight_smile: good to know. VR DAO is in a transition phase right now and we are atm creating the guidelines for upcoming proposals. But if you already have an idea in how to keep going with your project, please create a new topic tagging both “Virtual Reality” and “creatives” categories or simply reply this thread with a new proposal. We’ll love to check it out.
Also stay tuned because in the end of August we’re gonna have another Hackathon :yum:

1 Like

Awesome!
Here is our big project proposal: [Proposal] NFT Conversations
This we expect to take atleast a couple of months to implement. Hope you are digging it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Heya,
Well this proposal (NFT Conversations) is not directly related to Virtual Reality, is it? Maybe this could be something to propose to NFT-onboarding or NFT- Social Club.

Nevertheless, we posted our guidelines to receive proposals, but I can say that we’ll be needing more information and details than what you posted.

1 Like