Formation of NEAR Digital Collective (NDC) and call for participation in the Community Working Group

Why should I respond to this kind of lack of transparency and gameplaying? Simply provide the information we all do.

I am left with my assumption and just think you are a bot.

3 Likes

Hello.
Why do you need personal data? If there was a need for personal data on the forum, this would be one of the conditions for registration. Do you evaluate a person’s usefulness by appearance or by actions? The actions have been provided to you, do they not suit you?
Thanks

Someone who wants to run for the head of anything should be able to provide context, bio, and background. I am sure you know that.

But, he refuses so I’m no longer asking.

Thanks.

2 Likes

You’re a bot 100%
if you don’t know Dacha 1000%
Nobody needs to satisfy you with answers that you like

Btw, why do you think, he wants to be a head of no-matter-what?

3 Likes

Hello @Dacha!
Sure, lets brainstorm.
I am working on some docs too.

1 Like

@sarahkornfeld you still don’t know @Dacha?

Let’s just try to vote who we would love to be the President without throwing some words and sentiment here.

This is an open political situation where everyone must have who they are supporting.

Imagine you replying to a bot on the forum for months now. @Dacha must have been a consistent bot then…:smirk:

@blaze and @Dacha are good candidates as all those who have commented here are saying.

I would ask the NEAR community permits me to reason in this manner that might be childish​:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. Can’t we have a president and vice? Maybe the feud we having here will stop due this…

Thanks

4 Likes

I agree with @zavodil on this post. I think it is too early for the actual voting. Ideally, there should be candidate posts first and then a separate post for voting where all the candidates for a given role will be listed. Yet, here we have a chicken and an egg problem as per Illia’s talk, Houses of Merit and Stake vote for the Executive branch, but NDC is still in its infancy, and we need accountability to move forward.

If I may suggest, given that we already have some vision of how to bootstrap NDC shared by Illia, and have a list of active members who are willing to participate in certain areas (kind of House of Merit), we could have separate working groups meeting to discuss and nominate temporary leaders in each group to achieve a single goal - NDC bootstrapping.

8 Likes

Yeah, this is the point and I think as seen on Discord, some community members are already putting some documents together so as to help out with activities. I hope that the call today will generate a clearer party for NDC and everyone.

Hopefully, when the whole idea is grasped by the entire community, many will know where their abilities fit and can allow others to do give in 100%

3 Likes

It’s very important to have identity established when running for positions to lead an entire community.

I understand that in web3 we have the choice to be anonymous however when someone is managing communities and handling large amount of funds, it becomes important to establish identity so we can avoid the below mentioned risks.

1. The person isn’t a scammer from the past. (Address Linked to Wonderland's Sifu Cashes Out $5.5M Worth of Ether)
  2. To understand what role of power the person is already at in the ecosystem.
  3. If something majorly wrong happens, the person will be held accountable and won’t be able to join in the community using another alias.
10 Likes

I solicit the community’s vote for me to help in contributing to the expanding growth.

1 Like

Just from looking at all the replies, I sure hope NF knows what it’s doing and that whoever leads the project is connected to NF (not necessarily an employee, ofc) and is a real human with proven skills and experience. If the level of discourse in this thread is an indicator of the level of expertise we are in big trouble.

6 Likes

Please forgive me if my questions or comments were seen as offensive. It is not my intention. Quite frankly, we are living in such dangerous times and democracy IRL is so deeply at stake, and there seems to be a great deal at stake here on the Blockchain as well.

It was this comment (below) that made me deeply nervous, and I was asking those who were promoting Dacha to provide real-life information for which to evaluate him (if I am new to the ecosystem or not truly should make no difference):

johanga

sarahkornfeld

2d

Dacha needs neither site no Bio, Dacha is bigger than all this :)) that’s why he’s the only one who can be President here :wink:
do you individual research , and you’ll get all the knowledge :white_heart: :100:

Please know, that for some of us, the idea of a “big brother”/“bigger than all this” language is deeply offensive, and I was responding to a kind of implied anointment and not a transparent, democratic one.

Thank you very much, Sarah

7 Likes

Hi @sarahkornfeld ,

First of all, welcome to NEAR and we as Community are extremely glad to have you on-boarding with us.
Now, secondly, I believe you - as a new member of NEAR Community definitely not the blame nor anyone because the situation/conversation above was just lacked of proper informations.
@dacha is one of the most active contributors on NEAR forums in specifics and NEAR Ecosystem in general. I would recommended you to have a chat/call with him to understand each other more properly.

And final thing, I would really suggest both @IgbozeIsrael and @sarahkornfeld to have a better choice of words to contribute the conversation towards more of a constructive vibe, solving the problems we are facing rather than using sarcasm just to justify others.

With that being said, let’s build together as we all here trying our best to do.
LFG :heart:

6 Likes

Hi Bailey, thank you for your comments, and welcome. My note above pretty clearly frames where I was coming from, and what I was responding to. I feel my concerns have merit as well.

Thanks much, Sarah

1 Like

Thanks for hitting this up.
I never intended to offend or go against the community standard with my words.

I’m up for healthy conversations for the community growth.
@sarahkornfeld sorry as my words might have sound differently.

Thanks

3 Likes

Hey fam, following instructions from @blaze

Asking your consideration :beers: :vulcan_salute:

5 Likes

I filled out the form and would love to see how this unfolds!

Adaptation & Innovation is key

3 Likes

Hello all!
Just reading and learning a lot about what is happening, and as @bagadefente said, think I need more time to understand all.
It’s interesting to be part of this community building, and maybe soon I can give some inputs. For this moment, just join discord, and visiting all the links here, to get more information and comprehension about this hole process.

Thank you Sahil @Cryptonaut for your comments, they are a good overview about what Ilia said on the video, it helped me a lot!

wish us all the best

9 Likes

Is anyone recording these calls?

1 Like

@IgbozeIsrael

:smile::smile::smile::smile: Vice president and President.

2 Likes