[FLAG] Report of Inappropriate behavior from a NEAR community MOD

It is normal in any community to have conflicts, it is natural and even healthy if people can talk and express freely, and in that matter I believe it is professional to take things like this seriously and discuss them without taboos.

The following post on discord MODs contains content that a reasonable person would consider offensive, abusive, and is defamatory

Yeah you can invite your fake/alts accounts to your guild and claim funds for your guild where you added 3 members in a month,I don’t care about what individual guilds do

Record from Discord - with more offensive and defamatory content

Record from Telegram

I take all of this time and effort because I am sure the community needs MODs that are able to control their emotions and perform as a professional, it is indeed a pilar for our community growth.

What happened:

Vikash MOD received a reply on the Telegram Chat with an opinion from @Gastonromano and he just banned him on the spot, without doing any research.

If you find a Scammer you should expose them first, and if you can’t be 100% sure you should engage in a conversation with them to know more.

And if you made mistake and another Mod told you the user is legit that should be all and you can fix it.

I asked on the MOD group why he banned him, and told him Gaston was legit, but he started to engage in a not worthy discussion wasting time and energies.

This that could be a silly problem was taken to another level when publicly on the Mods chats were all mods can see it he basically implied I am creating fake accounts, so I give him my feedback that he is not beeing a good MOD, and then his reply was the issue I am flaggin here, that he then said I am stealing money from the community by creating fake accounts, basically he said I am a scammer.

About my brother:

My brother started working with me since 2015 selling RIGs. He also has a lot of experience in Crypto so I told him to help us with certain things, I invited him to collaborate with the community to help me also build value here as a lot of others I had invited

Hi, I am excited to be helpful, I use cryptocurrencies on daily basis because I work with remittances.

I am translating some publications/stories that I like or think may help others to understand and know more about NEAR and the OWS guild. And I have being guided by @FritzWorm (Mention: He is my brother) who also review and edit the publications on the Near Hispano publication on Medium

From october 23 on the forum

About the Venezuelan Community:

We have managed to grow organically on twitter, at the same time that the team was geared up.

Right now we have an active telegram, very active for the Crypto Beer project that the community has liked, and other specific groups such as DEVs VE have also been created in the telegram to also carry communications because we now have 2 DiR that are also reporting:

And that is one of the main goals for the NEAR ecosystem to growth, and it is not an easy work, you can invite/onboard 50 devs and only 7 are worthly and helping the community to growth, is the same on groups, you can have a big group without interaction or adding real value, but this 2 DiR are a proof that we are indeed adding value.

For example from the Venezuela community there has been interest on the opportunities for the OWS but not everyone that I invite to the forum will end up adding value, but some will do and the proof of that is this badge granted when you’ve invited 5 people who subsequently spent enough time on the site to become full members.

Wow! Thanks for expanding the diversity of our community with new members!:

https://gov.near.org/badges/27/champion

Flag

I want to report Vikash’s misconduct to the community, I look forward to feedback from the lead moderators and also from the community itself

@Benz_Near @KriptoRaptor @stanisnear @jcatnear

Edit

This conversation reported/flagged here has lasted practically a day in the internal communication channels… too long, and anyone who receives a defamation, like me, who have given 100% of myself in this community and I will continue to give it no matter the outcome, I really believe that this technology can be used by my people and will help them.

Also, I understand that a person may prefer not to conflict and avoid discussions, but Gaston is my brother who lives with me, and NEAR Venezuela Guild was build with hard work, and I am concerned that in other cases other new members who are just entering will be eliminated or that other members suffer the passive aggressive attitude that Vikash has had**

I won’t ask anyone in the community to take insults and stay quiet, it is normal in any community to have conflicts, it is natural and even healthy if people can talk and express freely, and in that matter I believe it is professional to take things like this seriously.

8 Likes

The only data/information I see as a moderator while distinguishing a normal account,a suspicious account,a bot and scammer is their Telegram’s name and username

Here the name is “My Wallet” and username is “@MyWalletSolutions” and was the sole reason for banning him in first place

2 Likes

If you feel I defamed you for telling you added 3 members to your guild,I wasn’t even the first one to do that,it was same thing @Dacha replied on your post! And now you’re telling out of 3 members added 1 is your brother! Nice.

Here in the forum is not anymore about the wrong doing by banning a member. I told you on discord I am glad you understand that this was a mistake from your part, but now it seems you haven’t.

The issue here in the forum is as a Guild Leader I can’t accept your attitude towards the community and the community members

2 Likes

That is a mistake from him, and now from you.

No one is adding members to the community as I am doing it, seems you are not seeing all the members I had added, you have to go to my profile then invites.

That’s why I had this gold badge no one has.

You difamed me by and the Near Venezuela Guild saying that we are fake accounts

2 Likes

I never said you’re not able to add members to your guild! Your guild even have an approved budget of $10K(which means you’re doing an awesome job so it’s approved) and hosts 25 events I believe per month! Yeah you’re doing a great job as a guide leader and better than most of the people out there adding hundreds of people!

But if a guy with name “My Wallet” and username “@MyWalletSolutions” joins,it would raise suspicions if he won’t use his real name! How am I supposed to know it’s your brother and a genuine person with that name! That’s why I supposed it was an alt account of yours(later turned out to be alt Account of your brother ,his business account) !
He even didn’t provided his original wallet id gastonwagner.near but provided beesimple.near ,and it was after I made claim of it being your alt account that you clarified it’s your brother account!

How much time am I supposed to give to each bot/scammer and investigate the issue before banning him? On some day we even banned 100s of bots so do you think we’ve that kind of time to investigate each of them personally?

2 Likes

That depends on you, you can do a good research as I always do when banning a lot of scammers/bots/spammers daily, you can confirm that on my reports.

Is really embarrassing you constantly repeating and talking about your mistake as a MOD. Again this is about your coments towards NEAR VENEZUELA GUILD:

2 Likes

Sorry for the issue! Sorry for making personal remarks (copied from Dacha) (on an private chat) after getting a mental trauma seeing such questions asked on my work for banning an alt Account or your brother’s business account without knowing it’s your brother’s account or a real person and real business account! I like people joining and conversing in group from their real accounts because we run into alot of bots and airdrop hunters!

Lesson learnt!I won’t ever ban accounts from today! Thanks!

This kind of energy was exercised even during immersion weeks. At a point I wondered some things within me. Above all, as matured minds, this thing can be solved without proving points. Matters aren’t solved by who is right or wrong BUT a good and humble person should know when they’re wrong or have spoken much and take amends. @Kv9990 and @FritzWorm, I believe you all to be matured to handle this well. This shouldn’t go beyond this point please.
Thank you all.

4 Likes

I am concerned that in other cases other new members who are just entering will be eliminated or that other members suffer the passive aggressive attitude that Vikash has had,

It is not a behavior worthy of a moderator, which should investigate better, secondly, as a moderator u should listen to your colleagues moderators when asked to fix a mistake you had, and third should avoid defame others

2 Likes

If people come in group with “MyWalletSolutions” in their name and later target our group people and inboxing them to provide “WalletSolutions” and asking to share seed phrase and connect wallet to sites that’ll steal their funds,would you take responsibility and help retreive the fund?

There’re multiple groups with NEAR name scamming people on a daily basis and over $100K+ they’ve collected through scamming (checked after one investigation)! Don’t you think admins need to be extra careful and beware of scammers impersonating as group member before scamming people and showing true colours.

So moderators shouldn’t be strict where we have somedays 1000+ bots coming ,last time we banned over 40K bots in a period of 2 days,do you think we should have asked everyone of them and not taken strict action?!

1 Like

You can be or you can mistake there is no issue there, and right now the problem is that you are not understanding the real matter, and that’s it.

After you ban the user by mistake and a moderator ask you to fix the mistake you should not have take things personally. So, the solution on the moderators matter is just to trust your partners moderators.

But you rather take it personally and had a trauma:

Turning all of this into big problem by being offensive, abusive, and defamatory

Yeah you can invite your fake/alts accounts to your guild and claim funds for your guild where you added 3 members in a month,I don’t care about what individual guilds do

I take all of this time and effort because I am sure the community needs MODs that are able to control their emotions and perform as a professional, it is indeed a pilar for our community growth.

1 Like

I asked about information on why such an unusual username,you told me to ask him and Admins Don’t DM first so that wasn’t an option,
After my investigation and this argument ,you agreed it’s your brother alt account which proved my claim of the argument!

How a private chat conversation is defamatory to you ,it became defamatory after you leaked the conversation here :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I did already told you he was an OWS collaborator, so you could find hin on the forum or OWS discord chat. You could ask me. You could invite him directly to the group even…

And this post is not defamatory, it shows only facts from my side.

I agree. but not sure if you are overreacting. I might have also warned that user using that Nickname. Wasn’t that friend got unbanned later on?

and we should be very careful about making such statements.

2 Likes

I don’t know, I am not reacting to the banning issue …

The main problem here is about the accusations and bad attitude from Vikash that contains content that a reasonable person would consider offensive, abusive, and is defamatory

How’s an private chat conversation defamatory to you? Why you don’t ever answer questions directly?:slightly_smiling_face:

may I ask that did you first discuss all these matters with @Kv9990 before taking it here or discord general chat ??

I discussed with him the banning issue, receiving his aggressive accusations while I focused on him to understand that he need to fix his mistake and unbanning Gaston, that matter is solved I believe

Now, being attacked by a community Moderator should not happen… Like never…
And this is a matter we all should take care within the community, because it affects us all.

He shouldn’t be a Moderator if he cant control his emotions or if he is going to be passive aggressive or doing accusations without any balance reasoning.

He has a negative attitude and this will not help with any growth. And the NF is paying for him to be professional.

Oh you feel that way! Let me remind you I wasn’t the one making personal accusations first! You pushed me to the point where I had to remind you what dacha told you 2 months back and you felt it like a defamation even though it was on a private chat!

I don’t care what people accuse me for but when my co workers start accusing me,I’ll definitely won’t be able to control my emotions. After working more than 10 hours daily for 4-5 months for NEAR without taking a break, receiving such accusations from co-workers who started few weeks back isn’t most pleasant thing for me :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes