YINYANG CLUB TEAM
Creative Director: Masia One
Project Manager: Robert Harford
Content & Curation: Brian Offenther (DJ BO)
Graphics & Art Curation: Kenzy Chew
Social Media: Joanne Teh
What are your goals
This inaugural event is to introduce the Yin Yang Club to the NxM community and Paras audience as a hub for artists to explore creative Web3 projects:
An art & music appreciation club:
We aim to break stigmas of NFTs being a “get rich over night scheme with cartoon animals” (a common feedback we have received) by developing an audience with an appreciation for the visual art, music, and ideas surrounding NFT projects emerging from the NxM community. Our focus is to showcase that the art and music itself is the ends utility with the outcome of developing a deeper desire to participate as a collector and/or a creative. It helps connect the community to the content.
An on-boarding hub for both creatives and collectors: YYClub is a point of reference to learn Web3 vocabulary, initiatives and projects with an underlying zen approach that shapes our social content, workshops and events.
This first event on June 15 is titled “The Fengshui of Home” will be done in partnership with artist Supa Mojo’s launch of her EP “Home”, a part of DAOrecords’ #SoundSplash. The event will be held both in the virtual and physical space and include the following activities:
The Critical NFT Club (C-NFT-C)** : Twitter Space interactive chat where we bring enthusiasts together to discuss new art-related (music and visual) NFT projects. It’s an off-shoot of the Critical Music Club (CMC) developed by Brian Offenther (DJ BO)- a music critic, DJ/event producer. These sessions will include “Critic Lists” such as “Best Music to walk to work to,” “Best saxophone songs,” and “Best Art/audio pairing in an NFT.” C-NFT-C will help make create an active dialogue concerning NFTs as an artistic-based experience. Leading up to our first event on June 15, our themes will surround the ideas of home, including “Music that reminds us of home”.
- May 19, May 26, June 2, June 9 Twitter Space Yin Yang Club " * C-NFT-C" discussion * concerning different themes that tie into that week’s NFT launches hosted by Brian Offenther. Brian has lead many different writing, editing and curation projects, working with platforms like Vice, and runs his own “Critical Music Club” program. We hope YYClub live Twitter chats will generate more interest and engagement for our June 15 launch, as well as provide a space for audience development through the appreciation of art.
The Fengshui of Home:
The main event June 15 is a physical meetup to provide networking and art appreciation session for NxM members in our Malaysian community. Physical meetups bring a lower barrier-to-entry point for creatives to enter the Web3 space because they are able to learn peer-to-peer in a personal way, share tangible tools of engagement, and ease the transition from physical to virtual space. Physical meetups paired with virtual launches promote global participation for the NxM community. Physical meetups can be projected into virtual space via Cryptovoxels and either livestream via Twitch or YouTube live or post-produced video.
Our June 15 “Fengshui of Home” event will be held at LiveFact! in Kuala Lumpur where the venue will be divided into a display area for Supa Mojo’s Home , a mini gallery from the Yin Yang Club, and performance artist space.
The Yin Yang Club display will share high quality art prints of our first NFT launch (“Tiger Elements”) with artwork from Noyz134. Each element will be demonstrated in the space with a caption sharing where the elements of Metal, Water, Earth, Fire, and Wood should be placed within the home.
We will also have an info booth/merchandise table selling “phy-gital” items that correspond with our NFT for sale on Paras . The information booth will also share background on the Yin Yang Club how we help creatives on-board onto the NEAR blockchain through the support of our club and network. We will be reaching out to Paras for advice in anticipation of the end-goal to develop and popularize an Yin Yang Club NFT store on their platform. It will house works of multiple creatives that align with our YY Club theme.
We will be reaching out to the NxM community for advice from others that have facilitated Live Physical-to-Virtual launches to discover logistical challenges, event flows, and ways to cross-engage the virtual audience with the live one in Kuala Lumpur. We will also be reaching out to NEAR Malaysia to see if we can engage members of a community that are already active with NEAR protocol.
We will develop the Yin Yang Club store on PARAs for phy-gital products including wearables, NFTs, and physical products from creative members in our community. Based on philosophy, curation, on and offline engagements, the YY Club will develop its brand and reputation as a unique hub to keep an eye on in the Web3 space.
We will create social engagements that allow the Yin Yang Club to be a pragmatic part of the NxM and NEAR creative community, where artists looking to promote or launch their projects can contact us for music, art and, project criticism. Our audience will be a blend of people new to Web3 and veterans in the space.
The Yin Yang Club was launched by artist Masia One and Noyz134. The inaugural NFT collection was by artist Kenzy Chew (Noyz134) on the auspicious date and time of 22:22pm on Feb 2. 2022 to commemorate the Year of the Tiger. The product was soft-launched in partnership with Nusantara Records and consultation advice from VanDigital.
Based on the Chinese zodiac or sheng xiao , in this year of the “Water Tiger,” our manifesto is to create a space that considers the teachings of the Tao Te Ching in our approach into Web3 education, community building, and artworks curated. We believe this approach aligns with the natural pace of the human spirit, as creativity allows for a healthy and long lasting community to build from our initiatives.
Yin Yang Club Elements
Tied with with the animal zodiac is the Chinese system of Wu Xing, or Five Elements. These elements are: Metal, Water, Wood, Fire, and Earth, and create the 5 categories from which our projects and initiatives will stem from. This system describes the relationship and interdependence between all things, allowing us as a collective to seek balance through the types of activities we create. For example:
1. Metal: Metal forges the bridges between our project and other platforms in the Web3 space. These engagements will be cross-platform collaborations and partnerships with new technologies or utilities enabled by blockchain technology. For example:
- Yin Yang Club X NxM: Themed challenges set forth to the NxM community for works that align with themes of the YY Club.
- Yin Yang Club X DAOrecords: Yin Yang Club reviews of NFT projects emerging from SoundSplash.
- Yin Yang Club X Emanate: Teaching about streamable NFTs and on-boarding Yin Yang Club creatives onto Emanate to launch their first streamable NFTs.
2. Water: Water provides the flow for the creative mind to reflect inward and produce outward for the world. This category might manifest engagements such as time-lapsed videos of artist creations, artist interviews on their creative process, and creative challenges for artists to showcase their personalized interpretation of specific themes.
3. Wood: Wood represents the building blocks of any new venture. Wood activities empower creatives to build and execute their own projects such as workshops, online educational content, and collaboration opportunities.
4. Fire: Fire is dynamic in enhancing talents and brings passion, movement, and high energy to the forefront. Fire activities include in-person performances and events, as well as livestream engagements.
5. Earth: Just as the earth is the fertile soil for healthy life to sprout, Earth engagements allow connection and growth, such as the Twitter space C-NFT-C, as well as networking meetups.
200 Masia (Creative Director): Defining Yin Yang Club branding and rollouts; connecting this project back to NxM and Web3 communities to make the Yin Yang Club a useful and creative part of the NEAR ecosystem
150 Rob (Project Manager): Ensuring deadlines are met, deliverables are collected and coordinating team members to organize day-to-day activities leading up to June 15. 2022
200 Kenzy (Visuals): Create content and graphics created around this project including flyers, posters, artworks, merchandise
150 Brian (Host Critical Music Clubs) : Utilize Twitter to curate interested creatives and critics to participate in the Yin Yang Club discussions; write a blog post for the YY Club website to express his initial impressions of Art & Music in the Web3 space, and how it might have changed after his participation with the YYClub’s online launch on June 15
100 Joanne (Social media and PR) : Joanne will be assisting in boosting and facilitating promo for YYClub on Web2 socials. We are seeking additional funding to be able to hire her on for this role for consistency, and establishing weekly and monthly events. With the currently budget, she will facilitate a limited amount of boosts for content we service to her, and advise on possible future challenges and online trends we can use to engage more creatives.
200 Virtual/physical venue rental & online promotion : The cost of the physical venue will be split with Joanne Teh during her SoundSplash launch of Home . We will be working together with DAOrecords, who are providing the virtual space and branded launch in Cryptovoxels and Reality Chain.
400 Merchandise Production : This cost will be paid for by the Yin Yang Club. We hope these phy-gital samples will create a template that we can provide as examples for future creatives we on-board into the Web3 space. Exiting Phy-gital merchandise on display includes:
- “YinYang Club NFT Edition + K.L. Graffiti coffee table book” by Supa Mojo
- High quality art prints - “Tiger Elements” by Kenzy Chew, NFT available on PARAS.
- “Vulva Vocabulary” NFT, sticker pack, and + Vulva Vocab washable pads by Masia One.
- Freedom Fades NFT + Freedom Fades Music Mask by Masia One.
Marketing & Promotion plan
4 week Twitter space with music & art reviews hosted by Brian and Masia One starting May 19, May 26, June 2, June 9 leading up to the physical meet-up on June 15
Daily check ins with the NxM community via Telegram group to find out about the latest NFT releases, as well as survey to the creatives to gain feedback about our Twitter Space sessions, how NFT reviews might benefit their projects and general feedback from those that have attended our sessions.
Using key points of conversations and quotes from Twitter spaces to create visual content for social media platforms including IG, Twitter, FB, TikTok, and LinkedIn
Promotion around the NFTs and their physical merch counterparts that will be available at the live event; we will target streetwear and lifestyle stores around Kuala Lumpur
Key medium and blog articles written by Masia One & Brian Offenther surrounding the philosophical approach to the Yin Yang Club and Web3, key points from NFT reviewed projects on the Twitter Space, and showcasing other initiatives and opportunities happening related to NxM community
Online platforms: Cryptovoxels, Reality Chain, Social Media.
Partnership with: Emanate, DAOrecords, NxM.
500 requested upfront to cover expenses for:
200 Virtual / physical venue
100 Online marking and promotion
100 Materials to create artwork or plugins & apps for online content
100 PR costs associated with traditional media and music blog sites to share information about this YYClub launch.
Thank you for taking the time to read and consider our Yin Yang Club proposal. We hope to grow and support a balanced new approach in the Web3 space.