[Done] Establishing NEAR Wiki

Yes! I see this as an important next step for the ecosystem. I would be happy to take the lead on the product management side (Roadmap, IA, Design, UX) as well as coordination and sourcing. If there were someone that could be the primary PM that would be great. It would also be nice to have some hours available from @amgando as he has key user feedback on many parts of the ecosystem and is actively working through some use cases for the Explorer.

2 Likes

I call it a portal instead of a wiki as it should be a landing for the ecosystem where you would get News, Events, and How / Where to Engage. Here is a list of gaps and pain points I have documented as voiced by the community. My hope is that that between the Wallet and Wiki they could be addressed.

News

• Roadmaps
  • New launches
  • New grants
  • Events

How to:

• Become a developer
  • Become a validator
  • Lead a guild
  • Become a contributor

Questions/Comments:

– Community

• How can I get involved?

• Where do I find people with my interests?

• I have not been able to find my place.

– Ecosystem

• What’s the state of NEAR?

• Where is the roadmap?

• What projects are launching?

• What apps are live on NEAR?

–Guilds

• What is a guild?

• Where can I find guilds?

– Tokenenomics & Token

• What are the tokenomics?

• Where can I buy NEAR?

• How can I earn with NEAR?

– Support

• Where do I get support for X?
  • I can’t get the support I need.
  • No one responds to my questions.

As part of the process of launching the Wiki (Portal) I recommend we create a guild of Community BUIDLers this guild would be responsible for helping ensure the Wiki stays updated and relevant by working across communication lines throughout the ecosystem.

4 Likes

Hey @illia - I would like to request writer access to be able to add what the MarCom team has been working on so far as part of Community OS:

• Guilds Playbook
  • Open Web Contributor Playbook
  • Linkdrop Guide
  • information on the NEAR TipBot on Telegram
  • information on SputnikDAO and Astro

Would definitely love to combine these materials with the broader NEAR Wiki, in addition to the other playbooks we’re set to publish in Q3.

@blaze - a Community BUIDLers Guild would be fantastic to ensure the Wiki has evergreen and up-to-date content, and this is definitely an accurate accounting of the gaps and pain points as I understand them as well.
Between wallet, wiki, upcoming dashboard(s), and the composite tools in the Community OS toolkit, and the other information sources @erik.near captured in his recent Forum post, hopefully we will clarify and accurately present all the ways in which the community can build and be engaged with NEAR and one another!

4 Likes

Content ideas and concept in whole looks great @blaze

Stepped extra mile and asked developers and Kinu from Semilla Labs how much resoucers might be needed for that kind of Wiki.

I see that it has an opportunity to connect with other crypto wallets. So mine idea of whole concept looks like this in addition for average wiki type website where people can create articles, others can make translations to other languages, and some can edit these posts for additional info.
How possible and how hard it is to add a chance for people to create accounts using their NEAR wallet (or at least add them to their users profile).
When they create a post, or make a translation there should be shown a calculator counting symbols and increasing it to coifficient of coins in NEAR to be paid for such a work.
Additionally admin accounts that can views their articles, put comments (for remarks if something in content should be changed) and after to make an approval when everything is ok.
Such user panel from users side can peek on all articles that were created and bounties, admins can see all articles and if they approved article in the moment from treasury DAO (or using smart-contracts) so that article author gets funds on their wallet.

If you think that such a type of Wiki website would solve most of administrative issues and be decentralized at same time. Can go further.

2 Likes

Great idea! I believe the long-term goal is for NEAR to create a Wiki product that would encapsulate what you have mentioned. There was previously a portal with rewards, but that function was transitioned to the individual guilds. This sounds like a fantastic idea for a grant!

2 Likes

Hey everyone, I put together a working Information Architecture (IA) doc. I would appreciate collaboration and help to begin the process of getting things populated. Thanks @mecsbecs for already giving the first round of feedback!

docs.google.com/document/d/1yjZIVSHvJz6C2Hwz3crM9uq46un0vnIeWFLLta5puzs/edit?usp=sharing

@illia @erik.near @Grace - do we have a NEAR team member such as @amgando that can help collaborate on this?

Once we have a direction settled it would be good to tweet about the new guild forming as well as posting in Discord and Telegram to find recruits.

3 Likes

Blaze, looks fantastic. Like the way you put ideas on paper. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Let me know at what steps can assist you. Can help with testing, management, project promo and get on some article writers and bunch of translators.

@blaze ! This is chef’s kiss

Really great stuff. I’d love to jump on a call sometime soon and run through this if you’re available some time?

I’m keen to collaborate on this and support you throughout the entire process.

Another thing I’d like to consider, particularly when it comes to the NEAR Wiki, is the duplication of content. There’s no use in writing something fresh when the NEAR Community have already nailed it. It boils down to bringing things together and getting them collated.

1 Like

Hello,

I wrote an article recently on introduction to NEAR, also built a NEAR dice Dapp. Here’s a link

I’d like to contribute to NEAR wiki as a technical writer

2 Likes

David agreed! I see this starting out primarily as a curation process that brings the greatness of the NEARVerse together in one spot for folks new to the ecosystem. There will however be new content creation as well. One thought is to have this portal spin-off into more of a wiki format at the different levels. So we incorporate both existing docs and newly generated wiki content.

How we handle the inclusion of internationalization at the different levels may be something to deep dive into.

Yes, I am available for a call! Shall we recruit a few more folks to join us? I can setup a Discord or Telegram if that is the best way for folks to join the conversation.

1 Like

Fantastic! Yes, let’s find a direction on a channel to connect and get moving!!

Absolutely, 1,000%

More the merrier I say. Would be great to align on the goals of everything, too.

I’ll drop you a DM with my Discord and Telegram handle. Let’s kick things off!

2 Likes

@blaze I’ll be looking to my colleague @David_NEAR to hear how I can support (especially from a Community playbooks perspective) and thanks to both of you - and anyone else who joins - for leading the way for this!
:star_struck:

2 Likes

A funding request has been submitted to the community fund!

It’s time to CURATE the NEARVerse! :rocket:

5 Likes

Hi Illia,

That’s an amazing idea.
I’m a Community Moderator, I’m currently working on a list with the most frequent asked questions within our community, would love to have the permission to create the official FAQ Page on or Github.

Also, I’m planning to add our various workflows and tips for new and current moderators.

Stan - Near CM

2 Likes

We’re getting things moving…

Anyone interested please feel free to join the Telegram group: https://t.me/joinchat/vyWiIs1oG6c1NzQ8

3 Likes

Hey @illia,

Is internationalization automatically enabled in Gitbooks? If not, can we get that switched on, please?

Not sure if I have the permissions to do this atm.

We should be able to add variants for French, Spanish, Chinese (simplified) and Japanese.

I believe it’s possible to support more languages ‘out the box’ with language files, too.

Although this won’t match the same standard as actual translation, it’d be good to see since it’s getting more fleshed out now :tada:

2 Likes

Great idea. Cheers to the team.

Great idea @illia and looking forward to contribute to the Wiki very soon.

1 Like

Hey Kemal,

Awesome to hear you’d like to chip in.

See the latest update here:

1 Like