This is a public dashboard and wiki page which is designed to track which components, standards, tools and applications have been developed (or are under development) on NEAR. It is intended to help developers find the components they need to build apps of their own or to discover areas where they can contribute.
How to use this wiki
This is a wiki so anyone can edit. When you discover a new app or component or tool that fits, please add it with links to where it can be found. Please indicate the status using the legend below:
: Not started, apply for a grant!
: Started but not on TestNet
: On TestNet (and usable) (or “in progress” if not a component)
: On MainNet, not audited
: On MainNet, fully audited (or “shipped to production” if not a component)
: Please help fill this in!
: Uses Web Assembly (WASM)
: Uses Rust
: Uses AssemblyScript (AS)
The next version of this page can be evolving into an on-chain application as this grows.
- Core Components
- Tools and Integrations
a. Wallets & Portfolio Management
b. Fiat ramps
d. Other Tools
- Developer Tools
b. Data Access & Indexing
d. Deep Infrastructure
- Bridges and Interoperability
a. Art / Collectible Marketplaces
b. Other Marketplaces
e. DeFi (app layer)
- Education and Docs
These are key contracts that many people are expected to interact with
Staking Pool – Allows the creation of staking pools and delegation of funds to those pools, plus associated operations.
– poolv1.near (github)
Lockup Contract – locks funds over a specified duration
– lockup (github)
Multisig Contract – allows setup of multiple signing parties to execute methods on a contract
– core multisig (github)
These are the standards that define key data types, APIs, contract standards etc that will be re-used across the ecosystem so they require standardization.
See the Issues and Pull Requests at NEAR Enhancement Proposal (NEP) repo or specifically the standards page.
- Fungible Tokens (FTs)
Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs)
- NEP-4 “Nonfungible Token Standard”
Guild – a community with members linked, incentivized and given reputation on-chain
- Generalized oracle – is this a standard?
Ecosystem Tools & Integrations
Ecosystem tools integrate with NEAR and extend it’s functionality. This spans from tools like wallets to bridges to analytics tools and others.
Wallets & Portfolio Management
- NEAR Wallet - web based wallet
- Math Wallet - mobile and Chrome-extension based wallet
- Trust Wallet - mobile wallet
- Moonlet Wallet - mobile wallet, with staking capabilities
- Buildlinks Wallet - fork of NEAR Wallet with additional features around red pockets.
- NarWallet - Chrome-extension based wallet
- Wallet Selection SDK for developers - wallet-provider-js · GitHub
- Wallet Connect
- Portfolio viewer like Zerion and Debank
- NFT gallery: showcasing NFTs from all the apps and marketplaces
DAOs allow anonymous funding of proposals and changes to governance. Join the DAO Guild to learn more and participate in growing the ecosystem.
- Snapshot-like frontend with fully on-chain voting
- Sybil a governance tool for discovering delegates.
- PowerPool Accumulate governance power.
- Boardroom helps crypto communities to make informed decisions
- MoonPay (outside US only)
- …more welcome!
Bring off-chain data on-chain.
- Band Protocol - Cross Chain Oracle Data - codebase & docs
- Chainlink - Blockchain Oracles for Connected Smart Contracts - codebase
Various analytics dashboards that provide on-chain information like Dapp.radar, Defi Pulse, Dune Analytics, etc.
- NEAR Explorer
- Flipside Crypto Dashboard - On-chain ecosystem growth metrics, stakeholder behaviors, and dApps engagement.
- “Dapp radar” like app to show usage of different apps across various stats
- Account faucet a place for users (or devs) to get sybil-resistant drips of tokens. Could be based on popular social logins that have some identity deduplication (Github, WeChat, etc)
- Notification service
- Cron / IFTT service
- “Login with NEAR” for web2 services: Discourse, Wordpress, OpenID, etc.
- NearNames - Create and send people a named account on NEAR
- Red packet - Send money to people, even if they don’t have a NEAR account yet.
- Mutlsig contract & frontend. New frontend is in progress.
- Lockup contract
- Multisender - send to multiple people
- Multistaker - tool to manage staking for mulitple lockup accounts with
- Ledger account creator tool
- Testing framework (AssemblyScript, Rust)
- C++ smart contract SDK
- C# smart contract SDK
- Go smart contract SDK
- Smart contract life cycle management CLI tool: contract stats and usage monitoring, upgrade support
- Developer console: UI for delpoying, tracking, upgrading, etc apps. Can be combined with RPC or other products.
Data Access & Indexing
Ability to query data from blockchain indexed in different ways based on developer needs. E.g. Infura, The Graph, Covalent, etc.
- Query blockchain and app specific data via REST API
Tools and services for developers to use to not require user have crypto right away. Usually would be implemented via tx relaying or access key pattern.
- Fiat payment gateway - allow users to pay with fiat, including just to do subscription payment
- Ads gateway - trade paying user’s transaction fees for them looking at ads
- On-chain and JS integration with data storage: like Arweave, Filecoin, Sia. Allows to pay and manage storage via NEAR accounts.
- Proxy re-encryption integrated with NEAR’s account model
- Zero knowledge proving infra for various subtasks
Bridges and Interoperability
Communication and sending assets between chains.
- Ethereum <> NEAR
- Bitcoin <> NEAR
- Cosmos <> NEAR
- Polkadot <> NEAR
Applications and Components
Art / Collectible Marketplace Apps and Components
Marketplaces for art and collectible digital or physical items.
- TessaB - Reinvent Mobile Device Ownership
- Decentralized crowdsourcing platform (aka Mechanical Turk)
Gaming Apps and Components
Games and related services either using or fully on blockchain.
- Game NFT creator: an application to create a set of NFTs for game, payment token and just expose APIs for game developers to interface with.
- Apply for grant to build a game or game related services on NEAR
Social Apps and Components
Bridging crypto and existing web2 use cases
- Token factory UI to create social tokens for people and communities
- Bots that integrate tokens and DAOs into social channels: Telegram, Slack, Discord
- Encrypted content sharing between people.
- Photo and video sharing service aka “NearGram”. Images are stored in decentralized storage, on chain just identity + latest image hash.
- Decentralized review app. Based on review protocol that encompasses some form of sybil resistance (reputation). Review protocol can include reviewing anything that is blockchain indexable, starting with collecting reviews for other on-chain projects and NFTs. Review itself stored in decentralized storage, storing on-chain reputation and interactions.
- Signal-like private instant messenger that uses on-chain identity, integrates with payments and DAOs naturally. Doesn’t use phone numbers and central server for discovery. For example, can be forked from Telegram open source UI and just add alterantive login / discovery protocols and extra features.
Many of these apps require integrations with storage, see “Developer Tools” section. Also they would benefit from having gateways like Ads gateway.
DeFi Apps and Components
Open Finance or Decentralized Finance use cases and applications
AMM – allows users to exchange tokens for each other using autonomous liquidity pools and fixed algorithms
DEX (on-chain and off-chain)
Synthetic assets (maintains a price equal to offchain assets, eg stocks)
Native stable coin (maintains a price equal to a fiat benchmark)
- USD/NEAR Stablecoin GitHub - luciotato/usdnear-stable: First NEAR Stablecoin
- Apply for grant
- Common Fund - Enabling Collaborative Finance )
- ICO (Token Sale) – allows holder to accept funds to register participants to receive tokens
- Meta-Pool Meta Staking Pool | NEAR Meta Staking Pool
Education and Docs
TODO: Please add more!