¡Crypto Beer!

Project title: ¡Crypto Beer!

One-liner: Our own Beer Token with NEAR. Let’s welcome fermented drinks fans to our project.

Challenge area: “Propose your own challenge”, “Creatives”, “Social Tokens”, “Marketing”

Project members

• Fritz Wagner (fritzmwagner.near)
  • Jose Ortuño (jloc.near)
  • Luis Maya (3por1000.near)

Project summary

People is full time on their own lives that is hard for them to learn about new stuff and this is one of the problems we face whit the adoption of cryptocurrencies. The solution is to welcome them when they are having fun in their free time.

Now that we have a top project where crypto can be easily adopted, with the Near Protocol we are looking as a community the ease of use of crypto but we need to get close (NEAR) to the users, but how? well, bring new users is what is needed.

The propose is to expose NEAR to a new market of new people that can get into crypto as new users by teaching them at the same time they are having fun with a drink.

We will create a new token around NEAR with the name of BEER, as BANANA token, but with the possibility to buy in the real life a beer or another fermented drink like wine starting with our own BREW HOUSE @cheers.factory and going on with others brewers or pubs that will accept NEAR or BEER as payment for craft beer, kombucha, fruit wines or others that are a new hit when having social time, we will bring this people to the NEAR community by allowing them to have fun learning how to use a wallet and giving meaning to it.

Here, in Venezuela we are living a financial crisis for a decade, so there is a lot of need for financial tools, and that’s a good point that users will see, they can access to financial opportunities with NEAR.

So, the main activities are:

• Create an manage an instagram as channel with our already fermented drinks fans, named NEAR HISPANO VE, because instagram is the main social network here in Venezuela.

• Promote NEAR in events teaching at the same time how to use the near wallet to new users. Local artists would be encouraged to participate in open mic concerts at our bar and in other pubs that are friendly with crypto and we know and in the lead-up promotion they talk about NEAR and how it can help people to solve several issues.

Important to be add: Here home brewers and their pubs are co-working friendly doing bulk purchases and helping each other regulary, so we can really fulfill this quest.

• Open a NEAR wallets for new users having a QR code on the drinks stickers so people can easily open their own wallet and also for pubs or any bar crypto friendly so they can accept NEAR or BEER as payment (Even an Stable Token for Venezuela can be made and add to this payments)

There is a lot of need for alternative to the local currency in Venezuela, so bars are really open to try out this new ways of payments. Also, we will start with our own bar in our Brew House of Cheers Factory together my partner Jose Luis Ortuño and myself Fritz Wagner with the help of other associates as Luis Maya, and then we will expand the acceptance of NEAR and BEER within the brewering community and our customers (pubs/bars).

We also will brew a PALE ALE style beer with the name of NEAR to be our battle horse for the marketing of the NEAR payment method. This will help to get engage with the customers and create interest in kwoning more about it.

New people will know about NEAR and will get into the community by buying and using NEAR in regular basis, also they will have fun drinking beer and using the BEER token, in other words we will make a beer with the name of NEAR and people will pay for it with NEAR or BEER having fun and using the NEAR protocol at the same time.

Purpose

The intention of this project is to attract people in Venezuela to the Near community. Using social events as the perfect time to introduce customers to the Near protocol, giving them the pros of using the wallet to pay for drinks and as a saving account for their money, a gateway for financial services and more.

A plus, BEER token is on the internet so it could attract more people world wide. And the marketing could be execute in a very similar way in Argentina for example. (There is need for financial services also at the same time there are resources and people with many capacities)

Presentation

V1
https://gov.near.org/uploads/short-url/p3pOUZcx3RO0uaY9Os26zaSNodH.pdf

V2 (CURRENT)
https://gov.near.org/uploads/short-url/dEYV77Qsn4BbbZZ0xMMGqRwK02.pdf

Video

Marketing Example

Richard Linares is the Miss Trainer, he has +2 million followers on Instagram, and he is doing marketing for NEAR in a very Venezuelan event in Rocio Ranch where we were yesterday promoting NEAR / BEER.

And with his instagram hi just post (for 24 hours) a video with us and promoting NEAR by himself.

The following is the video of Richard saved in youtube:

Next a video on youtube of the NEER beer in our stand:

Marketing Starting Plan

The goal is to start a community of users of NEAR and the plan to achieve that goal is to run a marketing campaign.

A simple and efficient plan is the best way to do it:

Promoting NEAR in several events where we will sell the “CRYPTO BIRRA” with the NEAR logo and a QR code to open a new wallet (birra means beer, and crypto birra sounds very cool here).

1. Target user with a drink of NEAR scan the QR code with their smartphone

2. QR code will open a form that the user will fill

3. On this form there are instructions to follow NEAR social networks and NEAR/BEER Instagram, where they also have to tag 5 friends of them (Another possible users will know about us)

4. We will receive the form from the user with all the information needed and we will fund their new wallets

5. Community Growth will be manage through Telegram & Instagram** teaching them about NEAR protocol, posting news about NEAR, promotions, events and others.

Marketing Strategy

With a great community and strong technology in the background, we will address a broad audience.

To continue growing even more, we will begin to carry out social campaigns to help entrepreneurs use new technologies such as the NEAR protocol.

The following activities will be carried out:

• Keep Instagram audience active with information of value and growing the followers with key partnerships with influencers.

• Strategic alliances with other projects that seek the growth of NEAR in Venezuela like “NODO58” (proposal under construction that will be presented in the future)

• Interviews with entrepreneurs in the blockchain area in Venezuela to talk about NEAR/BEAR, finances, blockchain, and other related topics. (This will be posted on Instagram TV)

• Go advertising with hoarding, radio, tv and others.

Even when is difficult to attract people’s attention on an unfamiliar subject, we will get them involved with NEAR protocol by having a connection with BEER in a funny and functional way, opening the door for other interactions in addition to a payment gateway.

It is a about of how to reach the public, and this will be made with a marketing strategy that is very clear now, and that will evolve as marketing actions are carried out and the results are evaluated.

Call to action

Education is the main issue about our Marketing Plan, our goal is to build a community of users that will have awareness of NEAR protocol by receiving the information in a way something fun.

They will get interest by receiving an information like:

“Hey all! You know why the Crypto Beer is so Crypto ? Because NEAR protocol is at the core, Blockchain is the gas for making this crypto craft beer, use the QR code to open your Wallet”

This wallet can be funded with 1 BEER for example and this people can pay 1 BEER on the house some how, and they will experience a first step into NEAR.

23 Likes

Sticker for the beer, we have an event tomorrow, we will test our idea to make a video and the presentation with more detail of the budget needed. Also we are working with the NEAR HISPANO community Telegram: Contact @NEARHispano to reach us.

7 Likes

Now working in the presentation :slight_smile:

6 Likes

NEAR BEER.pdf (2.4 MB)

PRESENTATION

4 Likes

Fritz Wagner with Richard Linares ( Miss Universe Trainer )

https://www.instagram.com/fritzmwagner/
https://www.instagram.com/linaresrichard/

6 Likes

Screenshot of the Instagram of Richard Linares with me Fritz Wagner and my partner Jose Ortuño.

6 Likes

Crypto beer with Richard Linares !

https://www.instagram.com/linaresrichard/
https://www.instagram.com/cheers.factory/

6 Likes

I’m really excited about the amount of people that we could reach in great events in Venezuela!
Due to past experiences Venezuelan users are experienced using Cryptocurrencies, the near wallet explanation and the staking possibilities are winning products to fight hyperinflation!

Great work guys!

3 Likes

I am not necessarily a beer fan, but this project has me very excited about the possibilities (especially of those wines and kombucha)! Great visual look for the label and it’s awesome to hear that you’re already testing it at events.

You’ve given a lot of thought to the potential for marketing and the token structure around the product for awareness-building, but I am wondering about the education/call to action aspect. It just feels like there may be a small step missing to help convert these marketing leads into users between achieving greater awareness of NEAR with the beer itself and then helping them to get a wallet and $BEER/$NEAR. Maybe it’s a question of adding a QR code on the label, so as people are drinking and talking with friends they’re also able to look up a small fact sheet about the NEAR ecosystem and easily set up a NEAR wallet? In addition to this cool Miss Universe Trainer partnership, maybe local artists could be encouraged to participate in open mic concerts at your new bar and in the lead-up promotion they talk on Instagram about the uniqueness of your bar including this new beer which is being used to introduce more people to exciting new possibilities in crypto? Some thoughts for you to consider and I hope they will help you build out the key activities and partners section in your presentation as well.

And lastly, congratulations also on the launch of your new bar!

8 Likes

:heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: Awwwwww Cheers Love!

4 Likes

Hello Rebecca! thank you for your comment, it is a great idea to include QR codes on the beer label, we will implement that asap.

We can prepare meetups or concerts in different pubs or bars of the city, the idea is to gather people to have fun and learn about the NEAR technology, there are so many ways we can promote NEAR to different people, with an art gallery exhibition for example where people can come to share ideas while enjoining the NEAR BEAR, some of our great wines and also lear about NEAR.

It occurs to me that we can generate a unique code for every NEAR beer label and use it as a tool to raffle NEAR, courses, our products, etc, and later when we have the token we can use the QR code to charge people directly from the NEAR wallet.

Again thank you for your comment and we will keep thinking of ways to join the NEAR technology with our products and promote the development of the community.

:beers: cheers!

3 Likes

Thanks ! Really appreciate that you liked our idea and even more that you are helping us to improve the idea, QR code and local artists recommendations added to the post.

We will upgrade this idea further with your help, the community, Near Hispano Guild, our fans and other crypto enthusiast.

We know we can achieve the goals we set for this marketing plan that is still in construction, because we have a lot of time working with crypto.

Luis Maya was the owner and operation chief of a crypto exchange (Mango Markets)
Jose Luis is an experienced crypto miner.
I do develop with a development team and run a Multi-wallet (Bitdharma), I have being mining too and teaching about crypto to others in Venezuela.

We also know that this technology could bring financial freedom to Venezuelans, and this motivation move us forward.

So, thanks for the opportunity to help others. :muscle: :sunglasses:

3 Likes

@Jloc ohhh I really like the idea of unique/event or occasion-specific QR codes! And of course, having the Brew House sponsor or host art galleries, meetups, and concerts is such a good way to generate excitement and interest! Can’t wait to see how this proposal develops.

2 Likes

@FritzWorm it’s great to see how you and your teammates are leveraging your expertise with this project, and I think your motivation will inspire so many others. Thank you for being open to suggestions and ideas, and good luck with the project!

3 Likes

@FritzWorm @Jloc

I also love the project and I’m very excited about all the opportunities it represents.

I agree with Mecsbecs: let’s explore further ways in which we can align educational and on-boarding experiences into the NEAR ecosystem through specific call-to-actions.

The QR code seems like an easy to implement, high impact solution. Creating a simple user journey for your customers to be able to download the Near Wallet, create an account, and transact on the blockchain for the purchase of Beverages sounds like a great first experience to showcase the UX, cost, and speed that makes Near unique.

I would like to also propose utilising NFTs as the tickets for events held with artists (Mintbase just launched and makes it very easy to do so). Additionally, we can explore on-boarding artists themselves to the ecosystem for them to create digital art that can reach a much wider audience online. I would be thrilled to extend the opportunity to make money to as many people as possible in Venezuela.

The only thing I would suggest reconsidering is having your beer brand being the exact same as Near Protocol’s brand. This presents some clear copyright issues, and while I do no expect any legal action on either side, it may confuse users. I suggest you build your own been brand, which can then have a close relationship with Near. So the label would have your personal brand and logo front and centre, and then Near’s brand as a secondary, smaller logo, (‘Proudly supporting…’ or ‘Sponsored by…’)

Looking forward to see how the project evolves, you have my full support!

5 Likes

@satojandro Thanks bro,

It was a naive proof of marketing where we look to engage with people by talking about crypto (NEAR) with a drink, and it was possitive. We also demostrate that we are into this.

I also hope there is no legal action for doing so :sweat_smile: agains @cheers.factory and thanks for your support !

It is a great idea to have NEAR as sponsor.

3 Likes

LOVE this project and the momentum around it! I’m recommending a downvote only because your payout is for 150 NEAR and the IDEATION payout is supposed to be for 10 NEAR. Can you resubmit so we can approve? This project is awesome!

4 Likes

Hi @enidavis Thanks for your feedback ! and Yes! I can resubmit

Right now there is an issue, cant resubmit

Will be helpful to clarify somewhere in the guide that the payroll should be 10 NEAR, because in the guide just says that

“for this topic can earn a minimum of 100 NEAR”

• When I see some submits have 10 or 7, now one with 20 NEAR request. I also saw submits of 0 in other topics.
  • Edit: I see now I have to submit first 10 NEAR later 20NEAR for presentation and so on.

I also thougth this payrol we choose (150 in this case) was directly related to start the project it self and not related with the hackaton incentives of 10 NEAR (Ideation)

Thanks for your help

2 Likes

Still cant resubmit

After several times doing it… completed =)

Opera Instantánea_2021-05-25_205656_www.sputnik.fund

2 Likes

Really like that idea, this is a very creative way to bring the mass to crypto world. A big like for the Beer itself :smiley:

4 Likes