Also, @ everyone: 2 more days to apply! Everyone who thinks they would be a nice addition to this council, please submit yourselves. The next Open Call is (most likely) in April, only.
Please describe the Open Call, what is it?
How the community will vote (via AstroDAO, open for everyone)?
Probably I need to clarify what I mean. I mean that the ‘trial period’ - it’s the time when new council deep in the DAO work and work it for free. After that, the candidate and the other councils decide to continue cooperation or not.
The Open Call is organized by the current Council of the Creatives DAO, in order to increase the number of council members and guarantee rotation.
Votes will be cast by the current council. At this moment, the Creatives DAO is not a ‘universal’ DAO (don’t know how to call it; the votes are not cast by the general community).
From what I can tell, there are no Vertical DAOs working in that manner at the moment. Probably (my personal guess) in the future DAOs will be able to vote on other DAOs proposals; or even token holders may be able to vote, similar to what happens in other chains. I guess we have to wait and see the development of the ecosystem to find out.
The details for this specific Open Call are in the first post in this topic, I think it’s clear about what entails the position.
Hope I clarified your doubts.
I would like to become a council and help to grow the Near.
I am a freelancer from Ukraine (hope this will help with the decentralization process) and I specialize in creating…creatives (mostly advertisement). So, I have some expertise in this field and I am full of ideas.
I take a part in NEAR RU(Russian speaking community of the NEAR ecosystem), which could be confirmed by @Vladislav_vl25 (one of the leaders of Near RU). I am also a member of other Guilds.
I am not a council at any DAO at that time. But I think it’s an advantage. I will haven’t a conflict of interests, and be able to pay more attention and time to DAO work.
and I am here.
Stats gallery mr_free.near's mainnet activity overview - stats.gallery
All the best,
- After a lot of discussion between members of the Creatives DAO council, we have decided to update this Open Call, and change its scope.
- We will leave the original post untouched, for reference. This new post supersedes the previous one, though.
- The same 5 council spots are available, and will be voted on by this council, as previously announced.
- We are updating the value to be earned by each council member. It was 600$, and is now 250N.
Changes in the way the Creatives DAO work, and what made us make this decision:
- We believe the endgame for a community of DAOs is having DAOs vote on each other’s proposals. For a long time that has been the vision for this specific ecosystem.
- Until astrodao.com, it was not easy to implement it. With astro, there are still some technical difficulties, but it’s no longer impossible.
- Over the last couple of months the community has been discussing the issue of decentralization of powers and rotation of council members. We have created this Open Call to move forward with that process, but at the same time it felt as if more was needed.
We propose that each DAO is represented in the Creatives DAO council, and has 1 vote.
- What this means is that everytime a proposal is made to the Creatives DAO, every DAO in the ecosystem can cast 1 vote on that proposal.
- We suggest that all DAOs which have seen at least 1 proposal passed in the past, can become members.
- There are still some technical difficulties to make this happen seamlessly, but the current Council will provide guidelines (we hope to have those until February) and help in the process.
- This leaves the current council and the future council in an interesting position: they will no longer need to cast votes, but will still be needed as moderators, helping old and new members alike.
- We propose that council members (or moderators, since they will no longer be on the council), instead of voting, are an important part of the ecosystem. They manage community calls, they create and update guidelines, they answer doubts in the Forum and on other channels, they help members from different language backgrounds, in conclusion, they are the human face of the Creatives Community in the NEAR ecosystem.
NOTE: For all these reasons, this Open Call has changed in nature. We expect that those who showed interest are still interested.
- We truly expect to, in this way, empower the Creatives Community and allow it to flourish.
- As soon as we have guidelines and more details, we will announce them.
Thank you all.
Extra: A proposal on how to look at the council, moving forward:
- Since we are changing the very nature of what a council is, we withdraw our proposal that after this Open Call another 4 Council Members are added (to a total of 9).
- The community will cast the votes, so decentralization is guaranteed.
- AstroDAO allows for the creation of bounties, so we suggest that, as soon as the community is ready for it, bounties for community management can be created ‘by the community’.
- The current council will leave, as previously discussed, by the end of February (or sooner, but will still help new members).
- We will create a group called community managers and add people who get chosen from the open call to that group.
- These Community managers will receive a bounty each month/quarter for supporting the creatives DAO in their duties (250N/mo for now)
- We strongly suggest that the community comes up with a way of incentivizing DAOs to vote (maybe a token, or some other on-chain incentives.
- We also suggest that the community management expands in order to include other governance roles (e.g treasurer, social media, advisors, devs, etc).
- Maybe even hiring a CEO to LLC the DAO on behalf of the creative community.
I am Carolina Cavenaghi and im very interested in make part of the Creatives Council.
I am co-founder of The Clan DAO, the management DAO of The Clan Guild The Clan Ecossystem
Recently created the Brazil Guild. Introduction Brazil Guild
I am also creator of the Electric Neon Near Game that is in production at the moment by theWORKSHIP Creative Studio, that I’m also part as the marketing responsible, trough several DAOS of our Guild.
Idealizer of the Children of the DAO. we are finishing a Project for creation of a Illustrated guide to teach web3 for kids.
I’ve managed the ART2AD Project alongside with Clan Guild, that empowers Near NFT artists and promote near ecosystem at the same time.
I am also an artist, architect and product designer, and a mother of 3. I am social media manager of The Clan Guild, Electric Neon, BrazilDAO and Sky Harbour NFT game.
I am working 24/7 at Near and already onboarded directly more than 90 people on Near Ecosystem for our Guild.
My links are:
Electric Neon - a Near Game
Our Guild aims to create IRL relations, as we recently helped to build the QualDAO, and formed the BrazilDAO.
As we are focused at giving support to Brazilian Projects, it will be very good to participate and collaborate trough this Council.
Thank you for this opportunity, best regards for everyone.
I think it is a great idea to take further steps towards true decentralization of our ecosystem. I support this idea.
I love this idea. Sounds good to our community
wow, decentralization if our ecosystem. Yes!
I agree that it is a good way to improve the process for us creative users.
After considering both the original proposal and the newest update from the Creatives DAO, I would like to apply for a position as moderator.
Telegram handle: @tedivted
A bit about me:
I have been in the NEAR ecosystem since August of '21 via muti dao(thanks to @thefalmon & @tabear ) and have been learning a lot about the space since. It’s been a very steep learning curve as the ecosystem of NEAR continues to grow and evolve. As an artist, I came in with an interest in learning from the perspective of a creator, but also as an events organiser, I have thoroughly enjoyed learning about project management as well as general communications and transparency within the NEAR ecosystem.
My background is in graphic design, but over the past 5 years, since moving to Lisbon from Ireland, I have been involved in arts and culture management in various forms such as venue manager of Arroz Studios, project management for Garden Collective (a creative collective I co-founded with 4 others that is also making it’s way into to the NEAR ecosystem), Stage manager for Ethical Assembly to name a few.
- Council member of muti dao since September '21
- Council member of Graffiti dao since December '21
- Active communicator in both telegram channels and near forum categories.
(Worth noting here that I am not often present on the Creatives DAO telegram chat unfortunately because the weekly timing is quite often a clash for me, but should this positition be an option I can find a way to restructure my plans to include this and maintain activity.)
Some examples of recent muti dao posts / project management:
General council management of proposals and payouts:
Some examples of recent graffiti dao posts / project management:
I’ve also participated in activites run by other daos in the NEAR ecosystem and have met a considerable community of intersting and inspiring creators in doing so.
Most recently I created all of the artworks for the BEAT dao mixtape, as well as creating the branding for the newly formed dao. Working side by side with the council members of that dao. @Paul x @JohnX
Created graphics for the Onboarding dao AMA sessions and connected with that community as they started their journey.
I also have a project running with the C1 guild for two NFTs that will soon be launched via their store thanks to the invitation from @Dedeukwu
I hope you get a good oversight from this and I’m happy to answer any further questions.
Thanks for your time.
Sterryo anytime, anyday
I applaud you for this idea, its becoming interesting.
@ted.iv Wow, my graphic were’nt the of this competition, but its nice that have being used as exemple of correct application
Everything about it makes sense to me am proud of you @sterryo keep the burning
With no discount
Bigup braeden love all your moves spread out the message cause you are a messanger no discount
thank you my bro from cameroon… how about the world cup coming, whats the plan?
Hello, nice idea, you can take a look on otoco.io it is an easy way to create an LLC, I already did it, let me know if you want further help.
A big hug, and cheers
Great am working on the proposal soon drop to the near gonv forrum is about the near African nation cup event cameroon to onbaod and Educate more people from all over the in cameroon hope that makes some sense?
I think people will be interested in talking to you about that!!! Thanks for coming forward