[CLOSED] Metaverse DAO is looking for writers to the magazine (Theme: free theme)

Hello Metaversians an NEARians!

Metaverse DAO is open 5 bounties for magazine writers!

Each post have a theme and you can participate. To do this you only need to reply the post with a little abstract of what you will write about. When the bounty close we will pic a winner of each theme post and give to them 2 days to wrote the full text.

To participate you will need to:

• reply this post with a abstract with what you will wrote about

• Stay in the theme of: free theme

• compromise to deliver the full text until 29 April

• have a valid NEAR wallet

The final text will need to:

• be in English

• have your name/nick on it

• have a title

• have a reference image that we will use to create something to go along with your text

• have 1300 to 4000 characters with spaces

• be send by message on the forum to @beetlejuice until 29 April.

Each final text will receive a prize of 100USD

Came work with us for a bigger NEAR

11 Likes

I could write on the DJ DAO and Sine Wave Surfers collaborative events that we’ve done and plan to do if you’d like. Sine Wave Surfers is an artist collective and record label that does in person and virtual events. We’re devoted to connecting humanity and waking people up through power of music and perhaps NEAR. Much love.

4 Likes

gonna apply soon just wait for me

3 Likes

Topic:
A NEW BAE ON THE NEAR PROTOCOL

When I was onboarded on the NEAR Protocol, everything looked so strange and hard to comprehend, until weeks later, I found myself seated on the NEAR Protocol.

I have onboarded few number of people,and I see them pass through the same challenges.

This topic centers on the challenges one faces as a “new bae” on the NEAR Protocol and how to buckle up and make absolute use of the numerous opportunities this Decentralized Platform has brought along.

3 Likes

Hi
I would like to write about philosophic theme

• Decentralisation, leaders and dictators in ecosystem
3 Likes

Hello. I would like to write about how the Metaverse is also a space for dissidents and foreign bodies to have freedom of expression and autonomy in their work. And of course, Near as a real community with so many opportunities beyond the sale of works of art.

:heart:
L.

2 Likes

I will like to write about pain and lots of things that makes a man cry :blush:.

I title it “Chronicle Of Tears” , I also made an audio NFT EP ( 4 tracks) titled ’ Chronicle of tears’.

Thanks

1 Like

Abstract on Web 3.0 Community: An easy guide on how to build and manage a web3 community **
** By

ceefoon.near

Web 3.0 is the third generation of the internet focused on making websites and applications decentralized and improving the utilization of cryptography in order to promote full ownership of a user’s information. This will be done by using a machine-based understanding of data to provide a data-driven and Semantic Web. The ultimate goal of Web 3.0 is to create more intelligent, connected, and open websites.

Community management is the management of a common resource or issue by a community through the collective action of volunteers and stakeholders. Community management strategies are frequently employed to avoid the tragedy of the commons and to encourage sustainability.

A web3 community is simply a community where a group of talented developers, content creators, critical thinkers, or people with a technology-based skill set meet in order to share opportunities and contribute to the community projects.

Elements of web 3.0 community management refer to the essential things to be done required to guide the affairs of a web 3 community. These key elements include communication, problem-solving, and networking.

@beetlejuice

2 Likes

ABSTRACT
The Basics of Sharding Technology

Simply, a shard is a horizontal partition of data in a database or search engine. Each shard is held on separate database server instance, to spread load. Sharding involves splitting and distributing one logical data sets across multiple servers. To achieve sharding, the rows or columns of a larger database table are split into multiple smaller tables.

Although sharding and partitioning both break up a large database into smaller databases, there is a difference between the two methods. After a database is sharded, the data in the new table is spread across multiple systems, but with partitioning, that is not the case. Partitioning groups data subsets within a single database instance.

It is worth noting that sharding is not the only available scalability technology. Additionally, a commitment to implementing sharding doesn’t mean a rejection of other emerging technologies.

2 Likes

I’d love to write about Metaverse games and what they really are.

I intend to focus on what Metaverse truly are, how an enthusiast or investor can invest in Metaverse projects on Near.

How Near Protocol is a catalyst for Metaverse projects.

I’ll submit before 29th. I also have a valid Near wallet.

trojanhorse15.near

2 Likes

The importance of reporting to the entire community about our activities in the governance forum, guarantees a democratic, decentralized and well-managed system :sunglasses: :point_down:

2 Likes

Hi,

I would like to write about on how the metaverse allows for inclusion.

The metaverse has created a community that is so diverse, it is now at a stage where people feel included enough to be find a space for themselves on it. I would also like to write on how it is helping people find their way around blockchain world.

As a person with an invible disabilitie I have the goal to bring awareness for the theme through my work in different kinds of media - textyle, performance, paintings and poems

If given the chance, I’ll create a new poem that gives visibility about the daily chalenges, prejudice and doubts around this important subject.

1 Like

the various applications of blockchain in modern life… from research to expression, art to curation, organization to governance. blockchain and web3 heralds new possibilities never ever witnessed before. indeed the future is NEAR

This bounty is close.
Thank you all to participate! :heart_eyes:

Daoism - Is it really decentralized or a mere illusion?
As per definition, DAO stands for decetralized autonomous organization which is transparent and is not influenced by any central authority and is rather owned by members.
Usually, smart contracts are backbones of DAOs. Also, there is no doubt that decentralization feature is the one which attracts majority of tech enthusiasts towards crypto, NFTs and blockchain networks. Ideally, DAOs should have a completely flat hierarchy where each and every member should have a equal say. In a nutshell, DAOs represent a powerful alignment engine to collapse the categories of user or buyer, company or team, and investor into a single group that’s aligned and part of a community that cares about a certain artifact or a certain experience.
But the question that arises is that whether really the DAOs works the way that they should be or it is just the distinctive marketing agenda to expand the community and collect funding from bigger institutions. Well, there is a lot of grey area there. Let’s talk about a small process of approving grants. So DAO grants are funded by investors and and the idea is to collectively grow however in some DAOs the decision of whether the grant will be approved or not lies with council members and not with the members of the DAO or through all members’ voting which should be the ideal case in DAOs’ grant approval system. In a true sense, this should be the ideal scenario of process regu;larisation of grant approvals and only by following this process DAOs should claim themselves to be “decentralized”. In absence of this nature of grant approvals, I believe DAOs are merely sugar coated or marketed version of traditional communities where power still lies with bunch of people with the illusion of power distribution where communities are built through perceptional democratic images of these DAOs where most of the new joinees like me think that it would be a safe ground without dictators ruling in these spaces but unfortunately the truth is not so sweet.
Going forward there are two ways out there- either creators need to realise there is a challenge to redefine the rules for existing DAOs as at some point the perception of decentralization propoganda will be clear to majority of stakeholders. Another way could be that members need to know that decentralization is still far ahead and as per now it is just another marketing gimic to lure more members in to expand communities where money will go to only handful of people.

3 Likes

here is the report of magazine bounty :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

A generalization of what a DAO should be is like generalizing a community and expecting it to adhere to a generic description or definition without taking into consideration the nuances. In my opinion, true decentralization is a myth and doesn’t exist in the context of human communities. I’m not sure if you’re a part of any DAOs or how long you’ve been in the ecosystem, or even if you’ve played a council role in a DAO, but if you haven’t it might be worthwhile to get involved or even better form your own DAO and put into practice a completely flat hierarchy and create a case-study to offer your findings to other DAOs and the community at large. I look forward to hearing and reading more from you and all the best in your journey!

3 Likes