[BOUNTY] Create a piece of art for the Philosophical Thought Experiment 3: Mary's Room

If you look well you can see that it is not the same

@rosasdulces @thephilosopher always good to keep an eye on bounties, I’ve seen the same profiles with questionable practices both in the creation of the works and in the strategies to get likes to win. IMO the three profiles shared the eerily identical step-by-step of how they produced the images and yet the images Just look like copies in another texture or finish. I thank you for the care :pray::nerd_face:

7 Likes

The winners of this bounty are: @eyesore.near, @krizzy, @arkielharts.near, @rosasdulces.

@beetlejuice, these are the winners. Please, we ask you to proceed the mint of the winners’ NFTs and bring them here as a Mintbase link.

The winners can ask for their payout proposal on our astrodao. You can request, each one, 100 usd in near, in the exchange rate of 4.14 usd = 1 near; which amounts to 24.15 near each.

8 Likes

dao members vote dao member its not fair.

2 Likes

Hi, @gardana. I know it seems it is not fair, but our main mission is to onboard philosophers on the blockchain, so it would not be interesting for our mission that we forbid philosopher members to submit to bounties and to vote on them (given we want to stimulate that they do exactly that). Nevertheless, you also have a point and you were not the first person to point that out. We are talking in our DAO about how to deal with this in order to stimulate people that are not from the DAO to participate and also to stimulate our own members to participate and to join the community with each time more presence. I hope we can have a good solution next month. Thank you for your comment, and we hope you understand our point.

2 Likes

Wow thank you so much :heart: And congratulations to all the winners :trophy:

2 Likes

Congratulations to the winners I’m such honour to be participate for this event :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I have a suggestion. Only members who are not in the bounty can vote. just their (members not in bounty) votes be counted. otherwise, non-dao members will not win. always members. thanks for reply <3 hope next month you have a good solution

5 Likes

We like the idea, @gardana.

1 Like

Hi @gardana! It is the first time that some DAO members have participated in this bounty, as most are philosophers and not artists. I agree that members do not vote when they are participating, this is my proposal for the next. But, I would like to reinforce some considerations about the fairness of the bounty. It was the first time that a member of the DAO was chosen, and there were 4 chosen for each edition, and this was the third edition. It is considered not only the art itself but the relationship with the thought experiment. And I think the bounty is very important for involving the near community with philosophical reflection and being one of the best rewards for artists. Thank you for the consideration and proposal, which help us to make it better. :raised_hands:

6 Likes

I’m sorry, but that does not make sense to me. Isn’t the whole point to get people to join your DAO? At INA we have open calls often. Everyone can enter, but to be able to vote, you have to join the DAO. We even encourage voting for your own piece. Now we have DAO members voting for DAO members. Isn’t the whole point to grow your DAO?

3 Likes

Then that means the point is not to get the best piece of art if it’s all about growing the dao.
It could be regarded as a waste of energy to many artists because there are many instances where the members just vote for their friends. They end up voting each other and neglecting even artworks that standout.
That’s not a fair way to judge a contest.

1 Like

Yes you are right and we have made specific guidelines in our DAO to try to stop this from happening. And, our council has final say.

2 Likes

You are right mate. I hope will have a solution next month.

1 Like

Dear friends,
Thanks for the considerations! There is always something to adjust and we had a meeting on Saturday just to create clearer and fairer rules for our bounties. Next time it will be different!
Thank you!!!

3 Likes

We appreciate the suggestions, and we give a special thanks to @GeminiRising, for sending us the link about how Ina DAO deals with this point. Very interesting rules.

3 Likes

the cheating for our last open call was extraordinary - even with the guidelines we wrote - people were pretending to be female, voting more than they were supposed to and soliciting votes from other members. We as council members had to wade through a lot, plus we also received messages from other members that proved the soliciting. Here is our response to what happened. [Open Call] Seeds - #49 by GeminiRising

3 Likes

Oh, I see. We try to avoid that by only allowing votes from members, and our policy for members entering the DAO is more strict than INA DAO’s policy. We had the same problem you are having on Spiritual DAO and in the beginning of Metaverse DAO, when we allowed for likes in the forum or telegram polls with all the community as voting mechanisms. We saw that these voting mechanisms allowed for bad behavior concerning votings. So now we only allow for DAO members to vote on the bounties and someone can be a member from a group in our DAO only in case of the person is a philosopher or being known and invited by the members. Maybe you could have a group inside INA DAO to vote on the bounties, a group with more restrictions. But that could be against the DAO idea that INA DAO wants to develop.

4 Likes

would love to see your policy

2 Likes

Our policy is not explicit, but it is simple: we have 3 groups - one of council, to coordinate the administrative life of the DAO and the direction of it; one of members, for PhD philosophers or Phd students known by one of us, which has the same proposal and voting power as the council and which compose the DAO as the basic group (council is administrative group created from members); and one for community, this one with restricted voting power to polls, where we accept master and grad students on philosophy and people interested on it, and also known by us. To be known by one of us or to be invited by one of the members is a nice criterium because it makes it probable that the person entering in the DAO is a real and honest person. In case a person is not known by us and wants to enter the DAO, in the community, for example, s/he must have made some valuable projects inside our DAO and to pass through a video-call for us to know the person; we should also know more about the person in the physical world, the cv and things like that.

In case of voting on bounties, we use telegram polls, where we only count member and community groups votes. Many people vote in this telegram poll, even people not from the DAO, but we only count DAO’s votes. After having the votes, we go to astro and we confirm the winners.

3 Likes