Bi-Monthly Report 11/01/21 - 12/31/21 Reddit/Gen Ops & Near Italia

Stan @NearProtocol

Bi-Monthly Report 11/01/21 - 12/31/21 Reddit/Gen Ops & More

Hey everyone, first, let me start with saying Merry Christmas and happy new year to everyone, wish you all more blessings, success, and health during 2022!

Also i would like to thank the whole mod team and new entries that are doing an outstanding job with the various tasks, it’s been amazing seeing how me, @Benz_Near and @KriptoRaptor started this journey and where we are now, it’s been really exciting seeing how much we improved, grew and impacted the ecosystem, and it’s even a bigger pleasure to lead and coach new entries with what we’ve learned so far.

As you can see, this is not the classic weekly report but a Bi-monthly report, you’ll ask why is that? Well, there are a couple of reasons:

1st) Me and @jcatnear predicted that November would be our biggest month (and guess what, we were right :D) for instance, we decided to analyze the last 2 months of 2021 since they would bring the biggest amount of data, which equals to a better understanding of the overall growth and adoption from our community, the last 60 days generated more traffic than all the previous months, put together and multiplicated by 4 times.

2nd) Since I onboarded the new mod reddit team and I’m currently leading them, I decided to give them more freedom and time to stabilize with daily tasks and various rules, so I had time to analyze how helpful this new implementation was and will be.

3rd) I also entered the new Gen ops team with @mukuls9971 , which can be considered as the HR/onboarding team for new entries in the ecosystem and also working on creating a more easy and organized workplace for various members.

4th) As you know I started a new GUILD as well called Near Italia, which I’ve been working on with @GiuseppeBk since October 2021, We recently got mentioned on the cryptomist.com which pushed our community a lot and also brought a lot of new huge Italian communities who would like to work with, artists, nft creators, developers that would like to use our blockchain for an amazing “green project”

LETS BEGIN WITH REDDIT:

REDDIT main tasks which were covered:

• Interact with various posts that members liked and engaged with.
  • Daily Managed the Moderation Queue
  • Lead & onboarded new mods & tracked their performance
  • Managed the SUPPORT THREAD WITH FAQ & provided support
  • Implemented a “must select flair when posting” rule since users weren’t following the rules. This new implementation also gave an overall more organized look to our subreddit since now every post has a flair and users can filter various posts by flair (memes, help, etc…)
  • Added a “HELP” flair which allowed us to provide direct to support to users which are not aware of the support thread
  • Took actions against people that did not follow the rules, as you know in November I implemented new official rules which weren’t available before which made the Subreddit a more organized and safe place.

LET’S TALK NUMBERS NOW

As mentioned, NOVEMBER AND DICEMBER were our best months so far, just wow, every single month we hit new records! Can’t wait what 2022 has reserved for us!

4.6K+ MEMBERS!!!

In october we closed the month with almost 3k and no we are almost at 5k that’s a crazy increase of 62% in just 2 months!!

Let’s see some other milestones!

On January 1st 2021 we had 277 Members, on March 17th 2021 we officially hit 500, and on June 5th we hit 1000 members!

In a year we had a stunning increase of 1596%!!!from 277 to almost 5k members.

We can see a huge increase of the daily posts, views & interactions as well, from an average of 0 posts per day in January 2021 to an average of 20 posts per day, an overall increase of 3900%

We are expecting an even bigger increase in the following months and new records as well, the month of January/February will probably set new highs due to the MetaBUILD Hackathon announcement as well.

Let’s move to:

GEN OPS

Recently as you might know I entered the Gen Ops team with @mukuls9971 , the gen ops main goal is to create a safer, more organized, and team friendly workspace for others, you can look at is as a Human Resources team, we also specialize in onboarding & Interviewing new entries and creating training and workflow documentation.

The gen ops team was created in November and until now the following was covered by @mukuls9971
​​1) The very first introductory pages of the NEAR wiki. (What is NEAR?)

• What can a user do with a NEAR wallet? (Includes link to Defi, NFT, DAOs)
  • Overview of Defi along with briefing Defi projects.
  • Overview of NFTs along with briefing NFT projects building with NEAR.
  • Overview of DAOs along with briefing DAO projects of NEAR.
  • Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) list.

2)Started polls on Reddit to enhance basic knowledge of community members & crosspost it on discord & telegram which increased members on the Reddit community by 500+ in two months.

Next Steps:-

Learning Pathways: so that when a person is on the wiki, I can guide him through the actual process he can follow to achieve a specific objective.

Last but not least:

NEAR ITALIA (Guild)

Recently me and Giuseppe launched a guild which is also the official Italian Community of Near.

We got mentioned on the Cryptonomist.ch which helped us launch our community officially

We also got mentioned on their official instagram page which helped us reach almost 300 followers within a week!

We also had a huge increase in new members and messages on our Telegram page almost a 100 Members within a week, which was within our expectations

Link: Telegram: Contact @NEARitalia

@GiuseppeBk is currently handling the moderation and providing support to various users within the group + translation in Italian of official announcements.

We had to postpone our guild announcement with report due to a little issue with our Instagram page which got hacked, and we are trying to get it back, still waiting for feedback from Instagram

What to expect in the NEAR future:

Reddit

Since I’m currently leading the Reddit mod team, I decided to have weekly meetings to share our ideas and plans for the future of our Reddit page, this are currently the ideas we are working on:

• Limit cross posting, allow only specific users (creating a whitelist)
  • Reduce the amount of meme posts since people find them to spammy or create a thread meant for memes only.
  • Find ways to reward users and increase overall interactions

GEN OPS

The daily report form is still being used and tracked but since we subdivided in various different teams it’s more difficult to track every single user and create a team report, for instace, we decided to implement a client that will be able to set schedules for different teams, time track and task track (clock in/work/lunch/break/clock out), a function to implement a knowledge base system with guides and workflows for various teams and last but not least, a KPI system.

The client I was thinking about is connecteam.com, I’m still testing all the functions and will provide feedback after the testing phase.

NEAR ITALIA

Opening this community was a huge success, we met developers, artists and other community managers which would love to work with us,

We are planning to partner with a really talented group of Italian NFT Creators and create our first NFTs.

We are also talking to a developer who would like to use our blockchain for his non-profit Green project.

And much more to come soon!

VARIOUS DOCS AND LINKS:

THE NEW NEAR MOD OVERVIEW CAN BE FIND HERE: LINK
REDDIT MOD WORKFLOW: LINK

THE OFFICIAL WORKFLOW FOR DISCORD AND TELEGRAM CMs is already being used and would be really helpful for new Mods!

LINK: DISCORD AND TELEGRAM WORKFLOW

THE DAILY REPORT FORM IS ACTIVE AND BEING USED:

LINK: DAILY REPORT FORM

Main Goals

• Unite our community by making sure to engage with supporters & community members.
  • Being able to provide high-quality support to our members.
  • Control and reduce scammers & bad actors that create friction within our main communication channels.
  • Keep growing and create smaller communities based on language, region, and time zone.
7 Likes

Awesome job ! And I am a big fan of Near Italia =) Love your country and here in Venezuela we have a lot of your country people like my own Godfather hahaha

May the force be NEAR u my friend :rocket:

2 Likes

extremely detailed report, i really like this Stan. Well done with NEAR Italia and you are doing a great job with the Wiki, keep it up mate!

3 Likes

I still remember when @KriptoRaptor, @Benz_Near and you, @stanisnear started out. It didn’t take long for you all to turn things around - starting with workflows and other docs.

I’m super proud of the work you do stan. I’m prolly one of your biggest fan :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Well done Stan, thanks for the mention, really hope Instagram helps us out asap.

1 Like

Hey Fritz, I appreciate the feedback buddy, Latin people and Italians have a lot in common! :slight_smile: Happy New Year!

2 Likes

Thank you Benz, it’s a pleasure working with you, let’s keep pushing!!

2 Likes

Hey @simeon4real I really appreciate it buddy! It means a lot, this year will be even bigger!

@GiuseppeBk Glad to have you on the team! Thank you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Great work!! Thank you!

1 Like

Good evening. Unfortunately, I couldn’t find any translations on TG and Twitter.

Could you please share information about this giveaway ?

Thanks for information. Yes, I saw two two articles on https://cryptonomist.ch

Have a great day!

1 Like

88 members.

1 Like

Hi Dasha,

We had to put in hold few things because of the tech issue we had with the Instagram page.
For the translations we just did the one of the article published on the cryptonomist but we are planning to meet with Crypto credit in order to be organized and involve more people.
For the giveway I don’t want to spoiler anything until I’m 100% sure of having the agreement with an artist for an NFT (or more). I will make an update on the post as soon as Instagram helps us out with the issue we had on our page, unfortunately is very complicated to reach their assistance.

Have a good day,

2 Likes

Hey grace, it’s a pleasure, I appreciate the feedback!

1 Like

Hi @Dacha,

I really appreciate what you are doing and how you analyze everything but please be advised next time before commenting, please read what I’ve said,
I literally said “almost reached”, I’ve mentioned that since our prediction goal for the end of 2021 was to reach 100 telegram members and 300 on Instagram, which also was written in the article written by @GiuseppeBk

I repeat, I appreciate what you doing but being petty in a such way it’s not helpful and productive at all, we’ve been working on this project since October and we are all a big team with one goal in common.

Thank you,

2 Likes

Great work! We’re definitely on the right track. Excited to take things further in the coming months!

Also, hopefully next time we can separate the mod work report vs NEAR Italia report, just to be organized.

Thank you, Stan!

4 Likes

Thanks!! yes definitely, it was all merged together to recap the last months of 2021! The following reports will be divided!

1 Like