[APPROVED] Writer’s Guild Funding Proposal for August, 2022

Council Members

ashleyc.near
bagadefente.near
brzk-93444.near
gabrielfelipejacomel.near
oblakofficialss.near

Target wallet: near-writers-collective.sputnik-dao.near
KYC & Contract: @beet93 (brzk-93444.near)

Total Requested Funding Amount: 4,290 usd in DAI

Introduction

I guess we all agree that July wasn’t an easy month for Creatives inside the NEAR ecosystem, right?

Some sudden changes, made overnight and then, just as quickly, undone, created a lot of noise in communication and processes in general — and this reflected in different ways on multiple levels, the most evident being the fact that many DAOs (this one included), haven’t yet received their July funds. But, despite all the rumors and uncertainties that this caused us — and still causes — our community keeps its activities and projects continue to be carried out.

Last weekend we had another in-person activity, once again by the people from Associação Teatral Notívagos Burlescos, a commemorative edition of their soirée, the 10th, including a poetry bounty with winners onboarding and a NFT publication.

We also had the first two episodes from a dramaturgy podcast, with readings and interviews, made by this same group, already available to listen on Spotify.

In its second month, the Rhyme Schemes bounty is another proposal that is bringing movement to our community, with more than 30 entries!

We have two proposals still in the making and our communication team keeps doing their work to expand our reach on the networks, as well as conducting a survey to find out more about our community members. If you’re part of our guild and haven’t answered yet, please do this asap!

You can see all that, projects status, their results and other things in our July report.

August plans and projects

We are having some internal changes that should be announced soon, and we’re doing our best to keep growing and making our community stronger. For this month we’ll have another round of Latin American dramaturgy (this time, Comedy instead of Drama, because in trouble times we need to find different ways of truly smile); we also gonna have the first stage of a more experimental, probably multi-DAOs project mixing performances, bounties, texts and publishing; speaking of publishing, there’s two new proposals on this: a poetry and prose chapbook focusing on social issues from communities in cities and rural towns, and an illustrated anthology describing a poetic journey over the animals. Stepping onto the metaverse, we have three proposals related to “the future of the Internet” (according to American futurist, author and NYU professor Amy Webb): one of our members will create an installation with poetry readings there; another is curating a sound art exhibition on Voxels and will share her experience in an article; a third one is proposing to turn the NFT books from our Mintbase store into wearables books and preserve then in a metaverse library!

Below you can check all of them, and see how diverse August proposals are:

1. Latin American dramaturgy comedy trilogy
    (500 usd in DAI) submitted by @eliaspintanel

2. Propulsion Writing
    (760 usd in DAI) submitted by @palomak

3. Portraits of 21st Century Canada
    (450 usd in DAI) submitted by @AshleyC

4. L lê Baga ft IsaDanoninho
    (350 usd in DAI) submitted by @LulucaL

5. ANIMALS
    (600 usd in DAI) submitted by @BigM007

6. 10 wearable books from The Writer’s Guild’s Mintbase NFTS at NEAR Alexandria
    (500 usd in DAI) submitted by @thephilosopher

7. Sonoro – a curatorial challenge
    (130 usd in DAI submitted by @Ghini

8. Council work: 1000 usd in NEAR/DAI equally split among the 5 council members
    (200 usd in NEAR each)

TOTAL BUDGET: 4,290 usd in DAI

Feel free to ask or suggest anything to improve our work
and join our TG community group to stay in the loop!

Thank you,
The Writers’ Guild (NEAR Writers Collective)

21 Likes

Yeaaaahs, lesgooooooo :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart: tnx!

5 Likes

Thank’s Writer’s Guild for the possibility to propose and for the confidence. Adelante :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Congratulations Writer’s Guild! Always bringing relevant contents to the community. It’s great to be part of this proposal. Thanks for the opportunity.
Best,
Ghini

4 Likes

nice proposal @LulucaL :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Ghini good to find you here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello writers,

After reviewing your proposals, we are happy to let you know that your proposal follows the Creatives DAO Guidelines, so it is approved by the Community Moderators! Please create a poll on the Creatives DAO Astrodao , so that the council can vote. When and if the vote of the council is ‘yes’, approach NF for your payout proposal, following this guideline: [New Process] Community Payouts . Also, Feel free to join our Discord Server to Post Your Monthly Reports and Funding Proposals for Better Organization. Excited to watch you work during this month! :slight_smile:

10 Likes

@hevertonharieno such good news! I greatly appreciate the opportunity to create bridges between the ecosystem and the streets :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Urrull aleluia irmãos, vamosssss :raised_hands::star_struck::heart:

4 Likes

Thank you for the beautiful work of Creatives!!! Thanks Writer guild for this great proposal and host our project!

4 Likes

Hello @hevertonharieno

I’m trying to access the link to Discord that you posted here but I’m not getting it. Would you please be so kind as to send me the access link?

2 Likes

Hello folks,

I would like to use this space to share with you the link to the Report of Ongoing Process

Feedbacks are welcome

Everyone who will be in São Paulo on the dates of the urban drifts is invited to participate

See you

2 Likes

Try now please @palomak :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hello writers, here is the link to the report preview. Our installation is almost ready and I’ll be back soon to invite everyone to the vernissage. Thanks for the support, especially to @bagadefente :pray:

Go Go Go @Isa_Danoninho :hammer:

:heart:
L.

2 Likes

I got it. Thanks @hevertonharieno :slight_smile:

2 Likes