CREATIVES DAO MONTHLY FUNDING REQUEST
Hello NEAR and Creatives family. February was our first active month and it was a huge learning curve for our budding guild, but we made it and even have a February report to show for it. We are aiming for a more action-oriented month of March and our first bounty within the community.
Requested funding amount: 70 N (779 USD) + 10 N (the 10 N will serve as a buffer in the event of a drop in value)
N = $11.14 on coinmarketcap at the moment of writing this 22:10 CAT
The N amount will be to cover the value lost in February solely, as we look to complete all the activities planned in February.
1. Organise an introductory event for the syzygy guild on Twitter Spaces
These introductory events of the guild will announce our presence, mission and goals to our targeted audience and be a quick outline of our actions.
- Twitter Spaces event for creatives collective - 1 x 70 USD x N = 70 USD x N (3rd week of March)
- Twitter Spaces event on Web3, Blockchain tech and Near - 1 x 70 USD x N = 70 USD x N (4th week of March)
- Guest speakers at Twitter Spaces events - 1 x 500 USD x N = 500 USD x N
The plan is to initiate a young writers’ and creatives collective where they’ll be able to share their craft, promote their work and eventually publish and be rewarded through incentives and competition prizes. This will have a wider plan to onboard these collectives and individuals on NEAR and the community.
- Budget for writers (pieces to be published on Medium) - 45 USD/piece rewarded at the end of the month x 6 writers = 270 USD x N
- Writers’ prompt and winner - 50 USD x N
3. Groundwork for Creatives, Devs and Young people in STEM collective (especially girls)
During this meeting, we shall meet with active leaders in the Creative, Dev, and Young girls in STEM community to discuss how we can collaborate and set up a sustainable cycle of projects, workshops, events and competitions and establish a community, and how they can contribute as mentors. (2nd week of March)
[UPDATE] Talks already started over emails and chats on google Meet, a physical meeting will be a coming together of all this. See this in our February report
Targeted number: 3
- Transport, logistics and per diem for participants - 3 x 80 USD x N = 240 USD x N
- Meeting refreshments and entertainment - 200 USD x N
- 4. Bounty within the community for our logo and brand colours - 200 USD x N (2nd week of March)
We will be putting out our first bounty within the community for a designer to do our logo and brand colours so we can have them on our social channels, documents, etc
Council work - 278.5 USD
This is a carryover from last month. The council will forfeit half of the total amount in the event of a fluctuation or if need arises to inject more funds into the planned activities.
In essence, we are carrying our all of our planned February activities and then adding the bounty for our logo/brand colours.
The 10 N asked as a buffer will be kept in the DAO account.
We believe these are very important for our work and will be looking to be more detailed and specific with time. For our first month of activities, our performance indicators will be a measure of:
- Social media engagement
- Attendance in Spaces events
- Participation numbers for writer prompt and call for submissions
- Growth of community (social media channels) after events
- How active the channels are
Thank you and cheers.