[APPROVED] Starting Near Book Clubs In Tertiary Institutions

Hello @so608

Thanks for your detailed response. I appreciate it, and the work you’re all doing.

Concerning requests for receipts, etc., I understand the need for accountability, and I am willing to be held to held to the standards that help optimise accountability and transparency. I am willing, like I said earlier, to provide these documents where possible.

I (mis)understood @Dacha’s request here [quote=“Dacha, post:25, topic:16937”]
Let’s start with 10-20 people and rewards below $1000.
[/quote]
to mean reducing “rewards” for quiz winners, etc.

But now that I understand the request better, I have downsized the entire project, appropriately lowering the budget to $1000.

I have lowered the budget to $1000

Regarding a collaboration with @Hsmoney:

Indeed, a collaboration with @Hsmoney may have proved effective but after evaluating both the scope and current status of his project, I deemed such collaboration unnecessary (at the moment) and premature. The following are a few of the reasons why:

1. There are currently no functional hubs running in any university. This is due largely to the ongoing strike by university teachers.

He reports this incident here:

1. This first iteration of the Near Book Club targets a Polytechnic Institution whose running is unaffected by the striking university lecturers - primarily because it isn’t a “university” but a polytechnic.

These two reasons, to name a few, make a collaboration (at the moment) implausible and premature.

I am, of course, open to productive collaborations born out of the necessity to optimise impact.

Thank you again, @so608. Your contributions evoke progress.

Cheers @marketingdao-council.

1 Like

Ok, thank You. Let’s see on your first project :blush:
Yes from me.

1 Like

Thanks @Dacha. I’m excited to kick things off and show amazing results.

:clinking_glasses:

1 Like

Thank you for updating this. You have received the necessary support to move this to approved. You can add to Astro. Thanks!

1 Like

Still a strong NO for me.

The user has a LONG stream of proposals
Screen Shot 2022-04-11 at 1.14.58 pm
Screen Shot 2022-04-11 at 1.15.06 pm
for every Guild - Creatives, NxM, etc. - all amounting to hundreds of thousands of dollars. Some Council members have done diligence and rejected these proposals, some have had their budget reduced, overall:

• I struggle to understand how any of them add value to NEAR Ecosystem
  • It struggle to see how someone can be running so many initiatives efficiently
  • It seems clear to me that the core mission seems to be obtaining funding, regardless of the initiative. Just keep going and see what sticks.
  • Even if the book club idea were a good one, this just fails @creativesdao-council aith element for me.

@creatives @marketingdao-council @NxM

1 Like

@satojandro

I will respond only to your grotesquely exaggerated claim that my proposals have budgets running into hundreds of thousands of dollars.

This kind of sensationalism unfairly distorts the apparent issue.

My first proposal Flow Near Treats And Drinks had an ambitious approximate budget of $77,000. At the time, I was unaware of the $10,000 soft cap for Marketing projects funds, and I thought a good way to be sure I couldn’t get that much was to be told so. @David_NEAR did tell me that much.

My next proposal had a markedly lower budget of $3900

This next one had a budget of $5000

All the above mentioned proposals was a zealous me jumping right in thick of things. I was chastened by 3 consecutive rejections. But even so, I don’t understand why @satojandro would suggest that the so called “long string of proposals” run to hundreds of thousands of dollars. I must stress again, that all the above proposals were rejected or declined.

The following are the only active proposals Im directly involved with:

Culinary DAO and sought funding ($2000)

Near Flow-ture Guild and asked ($1888) for our first proposal.

My Near Book Club project, an individual project asked for ($1000)

My proposal to NxM to record a 2 track EP “The Beginning” which was rejected ([with kind words and an invitation to try again next time])([Rejected] Record A 2-Track EP Titled "The Beginning" - #4 by williamx), was for about (five hundred dollars) $500

All these proposals (minus the NxM) do not come up to $5000, and I am not the only one involved with the projects - I am (and will be) working with a team.

Why would you @satojandro lie that it amounts to hundreds of thousands of dollars?

In fact, adding up the all the proposals I ever wrote on the Forum, including the first one with the incredible $77,150 budget, it still doesn’t come up to a hundred thousand dollars!

@satojandro what exactly do you mean by hundreds of thousands of dollars?

The screenshot you put up is misleading as it displays all my posts including introduction to guilds and DAOs and my entry for the VanDAO Story Challenge as part of my supposed “long string of proposals”.

@satojandro what exactly is going on?

These are the final approved amounts that were revised down. What were the original balances you requested?

@marketingdaocouncil I have submitted a payout proposal on AstroDAO

1 Like

Good evening :grinning: Should be poll. Thank You

1 Like

@Dacha. Ok. Thank you so much!

2 Likes

Hello!
My poll has been approved on Astro, but I am yet to receive any updates or funds. What should I do so I can get the project started.

1 Like

Good morning, could you please ask your question about funding here [New Process] Community Payouts

Thank you :blush:

Thank you @Dacha
I will proceed to do that.

1 Like

Thank you @Dacha. I have received the funds. I’m commencing work immediately.

Thank you @Marketing DAO Council for the opportunity.

2 Likes

Hello @marketingdao-council here is a brief update of what I have done so far.

I had to get a new Institution for the event because the new budget won’t be sufficient to run the event in the former proposed institution, considering the fact that the school authority and student union authority were already involved and were expecting something big…

The new Institution I am working with is Federal college of education, Oyo.

We have fixed a date for the event and the design for the fliers is out.

I now have a small team that is helping with publicity, and we have started publicity for the event.
We have secured a small hall that can take 30 attendees.
Already we have a group on WhatsApp for those who have signified their interest to attend the event.

The souvenirs are currently being worked on. I will provide pictures as soon as they are ready.

2 Likes

Proposals are approved for the value denominated I US Dollars that is requested. The NEAR Foundation automatically calculates the NEAR equivalent on the day of payout, if payment is being made in NEAR, or you also have the option to request payment in USD Stablecoins.

It is up to each recipient to manage their funds in the best way they see fit once they receive the full amount. We are not in a position to be monitoring when and at what exchange rate people convert money, be topping up all proposals, etc.

Hello @marketingdao-council thank you very much for the opportunity. The event held yesterday. It was a huge success. I will start preparing my report today. Should I post my report on this trend or do I create a new post?

1 Like

Hi @FabDab glad to hear your event went well.

Please make a separate [Report] post and then post a link to the report in this thread.

@cryptocredit I’m sorry for the delay in submitting my report. I haven’t even been active for a while now on the forum. I have been very sick and just recuperating. Please give me this week. I will submit my report first thing on Monday morning. Meanwhile here are proofs to show I actually did the event.

1 Like