[APPROVED] Science fiction short story to be presented in 3XR

Hello all,

I have been thinking about ways to expand how literature is consumed in the metaverse.

My pratice is pretty much aligned with traditional linear narrative formats, and I see this as an opportunity to explore new ways of working and creating both experimental textual content and experimental reading experiences.

I propose to:

• create 1 non-linear science fiction short story.

• use an 3xr.space gallery to showcase a fragmented narrative.

• create a strategy to both allow for anyone to read it but also to collect it.

• explore how can a fragmented story be collected without influencing non-linearity.

To do this, I am planning on creating 2 different galleries.

• 1 for showcasing the fragmented texts (individual NFTs), shown as moving images.

• 1, as a permanent NFT-gallery, allowing for those who have bought 1 of the NFTs to revisit the full text in a non-linear form. Each NFT will work as thicket for this second NFT gallery. This allows for collecting parts of the text, and also the full text.

In order to achieve this, I ask for:

• 1000$ from the VR DAO, to create the short story, to explore the technical component, create the stores and mint every NFT.
  • I ask this value in 4 parts of 250$ each; December, January, February, March.

The project will be developed during the first 3 months and showcased in March.

Every NFT will have a split between myself and VR DAO.

Thank you for your attention,

frnvpr

(edited to span + months)

6 Likes

Hey ! Nice idea.

It could be great if we could work on a science fiction story where the NFT cards are part of a game.

Like with galaxyonline.io

So we will have characters like this one, but in this case they are part of a story !

How it sounds ?

2 Likes

Hey!

Sounds awesome and definetly that is the next step for an entire range of literary content. It would be awesome if we expand the kind of artists we have floating around here (right now it’s mostly visual artists and musicians)…

My work is quite traditional in that sense, though, so let’s see how I do find ways to explore this technology.

My true hope is that my experiment brings in more writers to the NEAR ecosystem. Not only sci-fi writers, but all kinds of writers.

cheers!

3 Likes

Hello everyone,

I have decided to put this proposal on hold, since 1/2 of the proposal can’t be supported in the month of December, by Incubadora DAO.

I will request again when the time is right.

Thanks

1 Like

hey @frnvpr I know that your proposal was partially put on hold by Incubadora DAO, but I really think this idea can be a good contribution to the VR DAO and the community. It is a really fresh and interesting project, opening up the door for collabs as suggested by FritzWorm above.

My suggestion is that you could adapt your proposals to be funded partially now and partially in the next months, to fit VR DAO budget.

I’ll edit this proposal back to [PROPOSAL] and I look forward to your project adaptation/edit.

tagging more council members here @nearestchico @sainthiago @microchipgnu @Samiasns @nico

2 Likes

I see a lot of potencial in @frnvpr idea! And I think it makes sense for the VR DAO to get involved due to the connection to 3xr.space.
I support @JulianaM suggestion.

2 Likes

really like the idea @frnvpr, let’s do this! i agree with @JulianaM

2 Likes

@frnvpr sounds super cool. Hope you find the right time to do it and I agree with the @JulianaM about the monthly basis of the proposal

2 Likes

Marked this proposal [approved] :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello all,

this is the report of last month’s work on this project:

• hired and had a meeting with an illustrator to design the cover
  • worked on the story; I have 26 different story bits.
  • I have been researching way in which to show the text in 3xr.
  • For now, the technical solution I think works best is to mint each story bit as an NFT, and create a collection-NFT which can be accessed with the former.

Technical issues I have to follow up with:

• How many NFTs can I create, per 3xr gallery?
  • How to show the story bits in a way that is not overwhelming.

For the month of January I will finish the story, and afterwards I will focus on experimenting with 3xr.space.

Thanks!

3 Likes

Hello all,

• the cover is almost done, color missing; will upload when done;
  • finished the outline of the story. It has 20 story segments; this number was proposed by the 3xr.space team;
  • I had a meeting with the 3xr.space team to discuss segments, NFT gating, virtual space creation, etc.

During the month of February the short story will be complete, the cover will be finalized, the NFTs will be minted and a virtual space will be chosen.

Remaining technical issues will be dealt with.

I propose to join the 3rd and the 4th months (250$ + 250$), as the project is close to finished, and 3xr.space is entering a fast growing phase. This project will bring attention to it.

Thanks!

Hello all,

thank you @lucterra. Totally advise other people in the community to enjoy is talent and hire him for their projects.

• The story is written and the videos are being created. It has 19 story segments; this number was proposed by the 3xr.space team;
  • Immediately after the videos are minted, the custom gallery will be created on https://create.3xr.space/ .

During the month of March this will be launched.

Thanks for the support!

hello all,

final report of this project.

This was finally minted on the 3XR Creatething tool. I want to thank @microchipgnu and @sainthiago for all their help. It was a really cool experiment and way to expand what is being done with text on virtual galleries. I want to thank those responsible by the NEAR Fellowships for supporting this project.

The Virtual Gallery: COMA, a short story experiment by frnvpr.near | CUSTOM 3XR

The NFT on Mintbase: https://www.mintbase.io/thing/pNKZF0uu8hRWvtmcdhRWFLbQVs1KxsNA7KxA0I3l5Y4:vrdao.mintbase1.near

The community reaction has been really positive, from the Writer’s Guild’s members learning how to create their own projects on these web3 tools, to Mintbase DAO willing to take the experimentation one step further.

Some social media reactions:

twitter.com

Mintbase :herb:

@mintbase

Found @sainthiago_ and @microchipgnu reading fnrvpr’s short story “COMA” on @threexr_ :open_book: Buy it (and read it!) on @dao_VR store on Mintbase :point_right: https://www.mintbase.io/thing/pNKZF0uu8hRWvtmcdhRWFLbQVs1KxsNA7KxA0I3l5Y4:vrdao.mintbase1.near https://twitter.com/mintbase/status/1504461222829121541/video/1

7:14 AM - 17 Mar 2022

Since my main goal was expanding the use cases for this technology and inspiring other writers in pursuing their projects using these tools, I consider this project a success.

Thank you all.

1 Like