This is the best thing I read today
@Cryptonaut You just made my day by digging it!
Thanks! But the digging and sharing was done by @adrianseneca. Was really happy to read this!
Thanks so much, great to meet you!
Hi @sarahkornfeld, thank you for nice introduction & proposal. Regarding the proposal, could you please help us break down a bit more: tasks (or work hours) involved and costs for each respective item? Especially:
Besides, I want to share something from my perspectives: Doing interviews, articles & newsletter is not a new scope of work in Creatives, the reason I support your proposal is the seriousness & high quality level of the work you’re proposing, together with the team background & your roadmap. Please note that serious marketing effort is needed to ensure your products generate good value and reach out more people. I’m not in favor of good quality work targeting only internal audience. So, really looking forward to see the growth of your DAO!
@williamx Thank you very much for your very kind reply and helpful feedback. Let me dive in here with what I hope is helpful!
- The internal nature of the research is to bring focus to what the lives of creatives are on the blockchain, how they/we are adapting and innovating, and what we see from our creative perspective that others might not.
That’s the only internal part of the process. To really dig into the lives of creatives so that the amazing innovation we are developing from community building to technology ideation, and especially the multi-billion dollar NFT explosion that artists are core to, has context. Also, this internal interview process is critical for a good film – and it’s the very basis for what our documentarian will need for a film that can reach many many people.
- The next part of the plan (External Facing) is exactly as you suggest, we will take these learnings and make a film, and write a report for the immensely influential Stanford Social Innovation Review (who has asked us to write about the Creative Economy) and finally in a book we plan to publish in 2023-24.
So, yes! There is a very outward-facing intention here that will not only grow our DAO but also, very hopefully, empower our entire community to represent our experience, passion, ideas, and real value to the world.
Please see below a more granular breakdown – which is a bit different than tech development, because our value is what we bring with our experience in research and writing and in the end our ability (and track record) to produce amazing content that is good enough to be marketed and sold at its true value.
AUGUST (2,000 USD)
Research and Content Creation: (August)
Qualitative research: 2 interviews with people of the Creatives DAO – 1,200
**** *** 2, 30-minute interviews
- 2 Drafts of interview results and narrative
- Deliverable: Outline of 2 articles
– So this is us working flat out utilizing the rest of August:
- Identifying people to interview from within the entire Creatives DAO (global search)
- Setting up interviews
- Providing interview questions to the community to gain feedback before interviews
- Interviews with 2-4 people (around the world)
- Translation of recording to the written copy
- Review of copy, edits, first and second drafts
- Final draft of interviews
- Art developed for the final product – so that it looks great and is ready to share as NFT (as a piece of art itself)
**Mint NFT (development) V1 - 500 for designer
- As stated above, we want this interview(s) to be a piece of art as well, it’s a piece of art about artists and it should look great.
- We have a designer in Milan who is amazing and he will design it (400)
- We want to work with a DAO within the Creatives DAO to help us launch it and we want some funds to support that (100)
**Short Newsletter for the community with updates on learnings - 250
- This means we will take the content we have and create a simple Newsletter to share with the entire community
- Over time, we can turn this newsletter into a product for readers OUTSIDE the Blockchain as a “view from the edge” of innovation on Web3 – so this newsletter may become a very valuable product for us.
**Admin – 50
- This is for the assistant who can help with managing the interviews, schedule, formatting of the newsletter, and support of our process.
I hope this is helpful, please let me know if you’d like more detail!
Thank you for your support, and great to meet you,
Hello guys, really nice to see the project. Just jumping in to recommend keeping the introduction post and the first month’s funding proposal as two separate posts for clear communication!
Will do, thanks much,
Hello, team! Nice meeting you Is it possible you can separate the DAO introduction from funding proposal? Also, could we work on funding distribution? It seems vague for me atm.
And, reformatted the proposal without the intro, and added the detailed scope of work for your review. Thanks much!
Dear Rising DAO,
Thank you for the proper laid out proposal & follow-up information.
Happy to inform you that this proposal follows the Creatives DAO Guidelines, and it is approved by the Community Moderators.
Please create a poll on the Creatives DAO Astrodao , so that the council can vote. When and if the vote of the council is ‘yes’, approach NF for your payout proposal, following this guideline: [New Process] Community Payouts .
Also, feel free to join our Discord Server to Post Your Monthly Reports and Funding Proposals for better organization.
Looking forward to see the result of your work!
Stay #NEAR! Stay #Creatives!
Dear Creative DAO, we are thrilled to be approved and develop this work. We will certainly follow up on Astro DAO, and look forward to the exciting time before us!
Looking forward to seeing the results of your work Rising DAO!
Thank you, Paul! Looking forward to getting to know you as well!
Looking forward to see your DAO add more value to the system Sarah!
@Cryptonaut Thank you, Sahil! Looking forward to getting to know you as well.
This is really amazing! Thank you for this proposal and also for this vision, that will for sure contribute a lot to the hole community! we really have a lot to learn with you!
@ritamaria Oh, I am so glad you think so! Here’s to learning from each other! S