[Approved] NEAR Vadodara - FP22 NFT Workshop

Hey @jlwaugh
This event will take place on 6th March, just 3 days from today. Moreover, 80 participants will be traveling from different parts of the region to attend this workshop so we can’t postpone it at this moment. Can you please look into this and do the needful?

Thanks for answering and following up ~ I’m happy to support! Just need to reduce that $4000 speaker budget in order to avoid setting a costly precedent with regard to honoraria.

How about $2300 total?

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback @jlwaugh.
Based on your that I’ve updated the budget breakdown in the proposal.

We received multiple requests from participants to extend the registration deadline now
in total, we’ve received 147 registrations instead of just 60. I think $750 per head should be a fair amount for speakers. Even after reduced compensation for speakers and volunteers, we’ll need USD 3576.57.

1 Like

Seems like it will be a great opportunity, and I want you to have what you need to maximize potential. Please create a poll proposal in the Marketing DAO here, and expect more discussion from the council members.

The additional budget for 147+ wallets can be folded into a NEARdrop.io campaign that you develop for NEAR Meet. Looking forward to seeing how this event goes!

2 Likes

Ok. Thanks

Have a great day!

Ps: target wallet thechosenone.near

1 Like

Thank you @jlwaugh! I’ve created a poll proposal on the Marketing DAO: https://app.astrodao.com/dao/marketing.sputnik-dao.near/proposals/marketing.sputnik-dao.near-170

2 Likes

Hey @David_NEAR @jlwaugh

We’ll be starting with the event in just few hours and we haven’t received the funds yet to open wallets for participants. Can you please look into this?

Thank!

Hey,

The finance team handle the distribution of funds, please be aware it can take up to 14 days in light of the new funding process. If you’re still having trouble by EoW, let me know and I’ll take a look.

1 Like

Hey @David_NEAR

Does it take 14 days after the approval of the poll to distribute the fund? It’s been approved by Marketing DAO but the fund hasn’t been transferred to me yet.

Hey,

The whole process from poll submission, approval, KYC, and distribution of funds, can take up to 14 days. Someone should email you soon with a Docusign link.

2 Likes

Hey @David_NEAR

No one has reached out to me with the Docusign link yet. Can you please look into this?

Hey, have you filled out the form which is required?

This one here:

You can double-check the full process here:

1 Like

Yes, @David_NEAR, I’ve already filled this form a few weeks back and I’ve also gone through the community payout process and it seems like I’ve followed all steps mentioned in the post.

Still, let me know if I missed something.

How the event was managed without the funding?
Can you brief us as to how the event went?

1 Like

Hey,

Not sure if there’s a technical error somewhere but we’ve not received your form - can you please resubmit?

1 Like

Thanks @David_NEAR I’ve resubmitted the form.

1 Like

We couldn’t open any new NEAR wallets because we didn’t have enough NEAR tokens. I’ll be sharing my experience in detail in the event report.

1 Like

A golden chance missed to initiate something.
Still at the best for future.

1 Like

Yeah, we missed a great opportunity to onboard 100+ students on the NEAR ecosystem. However, we’re planning to host a series of meetups in my region to keep them engaged and provide opportunities to build on NEAR.

1 Like

Dear @theChosenOne looking forward to seeing report. Thank You