1. BACKGROUND INFORMATION
- DAO introduction
muti is active in the NEAR ecosystem since May 2021 when the first Hackathon had been launched and is also a legal cultural association based in Central Portugal since 2022. The project started with the idea of a collective governance of arts.
We support emerging artists of all art forms and blend digital tools with the physical world. We aim for web3 inclusion and easy access for newcomers by introducing them to the field by showing them real use cases of the technology and an easy onboarding process.
Since the creation of the DAO we have been organizing physical events, holding workshops, speaking at conferences, and building a digital and physical community as well as partnerships.
On the physical side, we focus on event and residency production, education, and the artist management. In the digital realm, we established 3 main projects, which are the muti sessions in collaboration with CUDO DAO to showcase emerging musicians and our artist stipends for visual artists. The third one is our muti bazaar which works with physical redeemables that we have been selling at several events and conferences around Portugal. In all cases, all new participants are being onboarded into the web3 ecosystem and are added as members to our DAO.
Through our work, several other DAOs have been onboarded and started their web3 journey.
During the last 2 years we have established muti as a known cultural entity that works with web3 which attracts many artists and cultural actors. Our focus is on Portuguese-based artists and due to our presence at conferences, we also reach an international audience. We connected and are building partnerships with locations and other entities in Portugal, such as Shesaidso, Bluehouse Coimbra, Habitat, YAC, Culturala, Lo-Fi Clouds.
Over the course of our activity, we have prioritized quality over quantity and we are now even more dedicated to creating meaningful and impactful collaborations.
- Why team is best for the funds
Our multicultural team consists of artists and cultural producers who have a long track record and experience in production, management, and community building/NGOs. As we have been within the first creative DAOs in the ecosystem, we have built connections and supported the ecosystem noticeably. 2 of the council members have been former Creative DAO moderators and muti fostered DAO-to-DAO collaborations (NFTropolis, muti sessions, Cabeça na Lua event, Arte Na Floresta event etc.) and artist exchanges as well as being the first creative DAO to use and sell physical redeemables.
tabear.near: cultural producer who is working with NGOs and in event production for over 10 years. She has supported several DAOs by being onboarded. Initiated the creation of INA DAO, active member of Marma J through providing educational material, advisor for NEARhub, INA and LENS DAO, former DAOstructor and Creatives DAO moderator. Currently active as a web3 educator and workshop facilitator in all things web3 for web2 projects who would like to start their work on the blockchain. Additionally, she also received 2 fellowships (Kernel, SheFi).
falmon.near: musician and cultural producer, has been active in the Lisbon music and cultural scene, active as the musical director of muti and council. Participation in NxM, onboarded Changa Rec. DAO and direction of physical projects.
tediv.near: cultural producer and graphic designer from Ireland, founding member of the Garden collective and DAO, an established event producer based in Ireland/Portugal, former creatives DAO moderator.
ollenjarvin.near: Dedicated to building the self-sustainbility side of muti through DeFi, experienced in crypto trading and investment.
dafdn.near: Visual artist and social media manager of muti, lead on visual direction of the project. Currently active in all things visual, festival installations and media outreach.
filipeaguimaraes.near: Graphic designer and visual advisor, co-founder of Proximo Studios, a design studio based in Lisbon.
- Achievement information about the DAO
What has your DAO achieved till now as a community? Quantitative and qualitative information.
- Content and Social media stats (web2/web3), on-chain activity, built dapps (if applicable only)
It is important to note that initially, we have worked with paid ads to gain traction on our social media platforms and to build a base of followers. Recently we only use ads for physical events or Open Calls to reach a wider audience. Therefore the numbers grow slower but are more impactful due to organic growth and physical connections.
- Share the content links of youtube Instagram with numbers of engagement, website etc, events done IRL
- Website: https://muticollective.org/![|602x84](https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/_X1830jrMFFLX-OFEzVyJWerFvPq5KkCuKulyiVyyozSI22-JUdbjcDyVCVVvdWTdgPWQCz1V1WFe8gSQI_Fkq-hlUCvEW8Fg--ecZmoO03hv_ryxXsnSn7Zo6e3jyFRueuvp8Fm6D5VbcJis45MaNo)
- IG: https://www.instagram.com/muti.collective/ 1677 followers
- FB: muti 326 followers
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/CollectiveMuti 827 followers
- Youtube: muti collective - YouTube 247 subscribers
- TG Telegram: Contact @mutiDAO 193 members
- Medium: muti DAO – Medium
- Near.social: muticollective.near
- IRL events: 9
- Residencies: 3
- Conferences/talks: Nearcon ‘22 (musical program rooftop), Mumi, WOMEX, Marma J con, Talkfest; muti NEAHub space presented through NEARhub at ETHdenver ‘23
- NEAR platforms: Tamago, NEARhub, Paras, Mintbase, ref.finance, Astro, NEAR.social, 3xr
INA DAO/ females in web3 (co-founded by tabear.near) Store of the Week: InaDAO. To understand InaDAOs activities and… | by Maria Neu | Mintbase
Video Interview with Ben Sayeg at NEARCON 22 : Muti Collective NEARCON 22 - YouTube
Article Interview by 4NTS Guild : MUTI: Supporting Artists and Nurturing Creativity on NEAR | by 4NTS Guild | Medium
Artice Interview by NEAR: Music and Blockchain: The Rise of the New Musician – NEAR Protocol
Interview playlist: muti talks - YouTube
2. Share the number of proposals created, How many councils, size of community, number of NFTs in mintbase, events done in metaverse
- Creatives DAO Proposals: 14 monthly proposals
- Astro DAO proposals on muti: 1131
- On-chain council: 4
- Off-chain digital team: 6
- DAO: 27
- TG: 193
- Association board members: 9
- NFTs on Mintbase: 1359 digital + 96 physical redeemables
- NFTs in DAO: 70
- Metaverse events: >27
3. DApps if built and the purpose it solves, any traction metrics etc.
dApp not developed yet. We built a TG bot that transmits all tweets directly to our group tough. Code is open source.
Genre - What category does your DAO fall under
- Any other
- Our onboarding process is personal and guarantees that each participant is able to navigate within the NEAR ecosystem self-sufficiently - we don’t just create empty wallets. Onboarding includes gov.forum, Ref.finance, wallet, Astro, Mintbase.
- Through our physical presence and outreach we are able to interact with an audience that NEAR does not reach: creative entities/associations and companies and actors that are new to but interested in web3. Additionally, we are able to meet our community in person at events or in Portugal in general, which supports in the onboarding process and is building trust.
- Through our use cases, especially the physical NFTs, we create tangible examples of why blockchain technology is worth using
- All our youtube videos showcase and promote NEAR due to links, tags, logo and descriptions on the publications.
- By being present and active at web2/music conferences and festivals we showcase the technology to a broader audience, which does not always immediately result in new wallets but long-lasting new web3 users who get back to us to learn more and discover NEAR. We have introduced NEAR and projects such as Astro, Tamago and Mintbase on our conference talks.
- muti is already a well-known DAO in the Lisbon and Leiria area
- We support and nurture DAO-to-DAO collaborations (Cudo, Incubadora, NxM, Lens, Marma J, Minting Music, Demonstra, Garden, 3xr, 55SP, Change Recs, Criatura& Beri, Ouriço) some of which have resulted in long-lasting partnerships which support the goal of self-sustainability of the DAOs.
- Some of the projects that we have developed in web3 (stipends, NFTropolis, muti sessions) have been submitted to cultural institutions and foundations which are currently being reviewed for possible collaboration and funding.
- We have created connections to physical cultural entities all over Portugal where we are organizing events and workshops incl. blockchain topics.
- International partnership with Lo-Fi clouds has impacted their project by entering the web3 space through us and now has a name in the Japanese music market.
- The stipends have an impact not only on the artists but also on the NFTs within NEAR as we create new curated artworks and physical items. Each stipend delivers a report which is published on Medium and our Website.
On a monthly basis:
April - June: 2x muti sessions
May: NFT competition
April - September: 1x stipend round
April: muti session (recording) & 1st Stipend (Open Call, Evaluation & Onboarding, Minting of NFTs, report publication.)
May: muti session (recording) & 2nd Stipend (Open Call, Evaluation & Onboarding, Minting of NFTs, report publication.) & NFT competition open Call
June: muti session 1 release & 3rd Stipend (Open Call, Evaluation & Onboarding, Minting of NFTs, report publication.)
July: muti session 2 release & 4th Stipend (Open Call, Evaluation & Onboarding, Minting of NFTs, report publication.)
August: 5th Stipend (Open Call, Evaluation & Onboarding, Minting of NFTs, report publication.)
September: 6th Stipend (Open Call, Evaluation & Onboarding, Minting of NFTs, report publication.)
October: Exhibition in NEARhub
DAO’s Milestones for proposal
April: 30 physical visitors for the muti sessions, receiving 25 applications for Open Call.
May: 50 physical visitors for the muti sessions, receiving 30 applications for Open Call & 40 applications for the NFT competition.
June: 200 views of the first session release, receiving 35 applications for Open Call
July: 200 views of the second session release, receiving 35 applications for Open Call
August: 200 views of the third session release, receiving 35 applications for Open Call
September: 300 views of the third session release, receiving 40 applications for Open Call
October & November: 400 views of the remaining session releases, 70 online visitors during the exhibition
Project 1 / muti sessions 2x
|Description:||muti sessions - recording of a live concert from an emerging artist (in collab with CUDO DAO|
|Expected outcome:||- recording of 2x 4 songs & full video with interview incl. NEAR promotion on YT & IG
- 1k views on IG
- onboarding of artists
- NFT creation with snippet of sessions
|Activities & timelines:||- recording of session (beginning either second week of April or second week of May)
- 1 week editing & translation
- release after 6 weeks on Youtube, IG and website
|Rent of equipment||100|
|Mix and Master||220||foggyfra.near|
|Production/Sound & set up||70||falmon.near|
|Translate and subtitles||80||comofas.near|
|Second, smaller session covered by muti|
|Rent of equipment & set up||100|
|Mix and Master||220||foggyfra.near|
Project 2 / artist stipends 6x
|Description:||6 Artist stipends & final virtual exhibition in NEARhub|
|Expected outcome:||- supporting artist during creative project for 4-6 weeks, onboarding into NEAR ecosystem
- Education about and usage of NEAR platforms, adding artist to DAO
- Creation of NFTs (digitally / physically muti bazaar) & promotion
- raising awareness of NEAR, blockchain and web3 amongst creatives based in Portugal & showcasing physical use cases and usability
|Activities & timelines:||- First 2 weeks of the month: Open Call
- Third Week of the month: Evaluation
- Fourth week: Onboarding, adding to DAO
- Fifth/Sixth week: Minting of NFTs, report publication
- October: Virtual exhibition in our NEARhub space
|6x Stipend á 300||1800||new artists|
|6x evaluation á 120||720||tabear.near, falmon.near, tediv.near, ollenjarvin.near|
|6x Organization & onboarding (Open Call set up, onboarding, minting, stipend assistance;)||480||tabear.near|
Project 3 / NFT minting contest
|Description:||NFT Open Call|
|Expected outcome:||- Onboarding 10 new artists to the NEAR ecosystem
- 10 new minted artworks related to nature and technology
- voted on by council & community of visual artists on the DAO
|Activities & timelines:||- 22.5. Open Call
- 1.6. Evaluation (through council visual artists on our DAO)
- 8.6. Minting of artworks & promotion on all platforms
- Showcasing through a 3xr gallery
|10x voting á 10||100||Visual artists on DAO|
|10x reward for chosen artworks á 15||150|
|minting + onboarding||50|
Project 4 / Marketing
|Description:||Social Media & Marketing|
|Expected outcome:||-bigger reach of Open Calls and published events|
|Activities & timelines:||-Monthly Open Call & event for the muti sessions
- Monthly introduction of stipend artists & NEAR stipend
- NFT drop posts
- muti session publications on all platforms
|70x 30||210||Open Call promo|
|2x 15||30||Event Promo|
|260||Social media scheduling on IG & FB|
What is the goal of the DAO’s objective?
- Becoming the leader of artist support and creative use of blockchain in Portugal
- Onboarding various artists from different disciplines into web3
- Creating interdisciplinary events with an educational and digital component
- Establishing long-lasting partnerships
- Physical space & memberships (physical & digital)
- Self-sustainability (through events, rentals, educational workshops & agency services)
Roadmap to reach the goal
- Spring: focus on onboarding more artists (stipends & sessions) ; strengthen the internal structure, project promotion & conference talks
- Summer: festival presence, artist stipends & onboarding
- Autumn: Virtual exhibition & conferences
- Winter: event & residency for showcasing
How is the longer term goal divided into milestones making the DAO reach there?
All 3 mentioned projects above will help the DAO to work towards the listed goals. By creating a strong network of creatives and keep on working on making muti a name for the creative use of web3 and artist support, it is establishing a strong foundation in several areas: web3 education and use of new technologies, artist support, production and creation of audio-visual content. All those tasks tie in together and as mentioned above, we will focus during each quarter of the year on a main goal, whilst having the smaller projects running on the ground.
What will the community or the team members’ role be?
- Council will handle production, promotion and education
- Visual artist group in DAO will vote on open call submissions, as during previous stipend rounds
- Broader community is as always welcomed to join, participate (through events, workshops & collaborations) and participate in what we are working on.
Total request number: 5000 USD in DAI/USDC
DAO on-chain address (target wallet): muti.sputnik-dao.near