[APPROVED] EFAM DAO Monthly Funding Proposal - July 2022

CREATIVES DAO MONTHLY FUNDING REQUEST

Project/Council Members: xochicana.near, leahvw.near, ashelseasunz.near

#efam

Target: efam.sputnik-dao.near 1

Total Requested Funding Amount: 5000 USD in NEAR

Projects & Timelines:
Greetings, Creatives DAO!

We at EFAM are grateful for the continued support of our creative endeavors and on-the-ground work in West Oakland, CA.

Coming into summer, our focus has been on maintaining and bolstering our existing work. We continue to deepen relationship with folks on the Lakota rez in South Dakota, to distribute food & medicine to unhoused communities in the Bay Area, and to build our educational curriculum and capacity.

For July, we are asking for funding to continue to onboard members of our community into the NEAR ecosystem.

We had a very successful time in Feb & March creating NFTs of stories of our unhoused community members, and onboarding folks into NEAR. It has been incredible to bring those with minimal access to technology onto this platform. We would like funding to continue this work, nested within a series of community events.

We are planning to collaborate with People’s Community Medics (a local West Oakland grassroots collective that trains community members in basic emergency first aid skills to enable each person to be able to provide an immediate, first line of emergency medical care) to host a series of frontline medic workshops. This will be a 4 part series, happening in late July / into August, including :

• Fire safety and treating burns & providing fire extinguishers / fire extinguisher balls
  • Wound care & supplies
  • Tent repair & supplies
  • Gunshot / knife trauma triage

Metrics for success

We will create 4 NFTs to each represent learnings taken from each workshop in an artful, beautiful way. This will help share knowledge about frontline medic topics, and raise awareness about the challenges the unhoused community faces.

We are expecting to have 15-20 participants each session, from the unhoused community as well as mutual aid volunteers showing up in service in these spaces.

We will onboard 1 unhoused leader each session into NEAR, as well as support People’s Community Medics in creating a DAO for NEAR.

With 5,000 :

• $1,000 Council Payment xochicana.near, leahvw.near, ashelseasunz.near

• $600 Photography : Shooting / Editing at the community events (photographer not yet identified, someone from the local community)

• $400 Participation Stipend for unhoused resident leaders to onboard into NEAR ($100 * 4) (participants to be identified at each class session)

*$800 to onboard participants & create NFTs (@leahvw will do the onboarding)

• $1500 - $375 per People’s Community Medics session for facilitator stipends (Sharena Thomas & her team of medics to be distributed as they see fit)

• $500 to purchase fire extinguishers for unhoused community members ($50 / per extinguisher * 10)

• $200 for food & beverages for the events ($50 / ea event)

Previous month’s proposals and report back
May

April

2 Likes

Hi @leahvw, thank you for your proposal. Can you help restructure the proposal following this guideline: [GUIDE] Proposal & Payout process for Creatives DAO and linking necessary links?

Please break down the cost to details so the community can understand more how the fund will be used.

Please also include metrics to measure success as the expected outcome of the proposal. Thank you very much!

2 Likes

@leahvw could you also add in a report on last month’s activities, please?

1 Like

Hi William
Thank you for your thoughts - our DAO was a little behind on workload, so I am updating this proposal for July instead of June if that’s okay.

Just to clarify - did the proposal process change? I think I’m a little confused about what’s needed. Do I need to make a separate topic post for the budget for this project? What’s the difference between “monthly budget” vs a budget for a specific project? What level of detail is requested for budget line items? For the last several months, something like what I posted here has been good enough, so just trying to understand the degree of specificity now desired.

We have been treating each proposal as a whole new workload, should I be thinking of each month’s proposal as something more ongoing/ continuous? Can each month’s work be a continuation of a previous proposal?

Do you have any guidance on what you would consider to be a metric of success? Or do you have a link to any stellar examples of that? Again, just getting as clear as possible so I don’t have to ask so many questions next time!!

Thank you so much for taking the time to orient me, and apologies if there’s info I’m missing that may answer these questions - I’ve read through a lot of the tutorials, but feel free to re-link them in case there’s something I’m missing!

In appreciation,
Leah

Hi @leahvw,

Actually the process didn’t change regarding this point, every small project as part of a proposal should have a separated post with more details in it.

Please breakdown the budget items as detail as possible, which tasks are going to be done & who’s gonna do this.

We have updated a guidelines for proposals with suggested metrics & all information needed to help you revise your proposal, you also can find some example proposals in the post here:

2 Likes

Okay, thanks for all this. I think everything should be up to speed now. Appreciate your time!

Hi all,
Is there anything missing on this getting approved? Thank you!
Leah
@ted.iv @williamx

Hello @leahvw & EFAM DAO,
Happy to say that this proposal follows the Creatives DAO Guidelines, and it is approved by the Community Moderators. Please create a poll on the Creatives DAO Astrodao , so that the council can vote. When and if the vote of the council is ‘yes’, approach NF for your payout proposal, following this guideline: [New Process] Community Payouts .

Some thoughts for you to organize your proposal better:

• Create a specific topic for each small proposal with much details as possible
  • Metrics should be added in a detailed way, and we hope to see that in July report.

Thank you!