[Approved] August 2022 Online Advertising and Promotion Budget for ADAM 4 Artists Launch

ADAM DAO

Funding Scheme: Monthly

Our Initiative:

ADAM 4 Artists is a one-stop hub for Advertising, Development, and Marketing Services aimed at aspiring artists who want to take their brand and music to the next level. Our services largely emphasize the critical importance of artist presence on Web 3.0 Platforms. With that, we are going to run online ad campaigns with the goal of onboarding people to the NEAR platform and ADAM’s Web 3.0 Home on NEAR Hub which you can visit here:

One of ADAM 4 Artists’ key services that we offer our clients is press and media coverage. Below is a link to our ADAM Blog which features blog articles we’ve published on reputable publications such as The Hype Magazine and HipHopSince1987, featuring DAORecords Artists promoting their live Web 3.0 events on SoundSplash, and other Web 3.0 related topics:

Our Funding Request:

For the month of August, we will be running multiple ad campaigns on the following platforms:

• Facebook/Instagram
  • YouTube
  • TikTok
  • Twitter

These ad campaigns shall coincide with the official launch of our website and services, with client acquisition as our primary goal, largely benefitting the expansion of the NEAR community across PFP Projects, Music Communities, and DAOs.

Digital Ad Campaigns are also one of ADAM 4 Artists’ key services. We employ expert and robust strategies that consistently deliver high quality campaign results to our clients, and our internal marketing team. Below is a recent screenshot of analytics from a current YouTube Ad Campaign we are running:

Our funding request essentially boils down to 2 major components:

1. Budget for Ad Campaign Manager / Community Manager for NEAR Hub.

We employ an expert ad campaign manager to create, and manage our ads, who also will be managing our ADAMHub on NEAR via Discord and Telegram. We have spoken with Jeff Gold regarding community management of the discord with the goal of creating a more cohesive and active community on NEAR Hub. - $250 per week or $1000 per month

1. Budget for Digital Ad Campaigns on Facebook/IG, YouTube, TikTok, and Twitter.

We will be running ad campaigns on each platform with an ad spend of $250 per week, or $1000 per month. With 4 platforms in total, that puts the ad spend total at $4000 for the month of August.

Total Funding Request: $5000

Our target ad campaign go-live date is August 8, 2022, which will last for 30 days.

Metrics for Success:

In terms of growth for the month the campaign runs, we’re projecting the following user growth percentages across our active social media platforms respectively:

*Instagram - @adam4artists - Current: 54.5K Followers | Projected Growth: 10%

• YouTube - @adam4artists - Current: 1.59K Followers | Projected Growth: 20%
  • Twitter - @adam4artists - Current: 1,064 Followers | Projected Growth: 20%
  • TikTok - new account to be created. Goal is to get 500-1000 followers in the first month of the campaign.

Across all platforms mentioned above, we aim to bring on 1-5% of users onto the NEAR Protocol.

Timeline:

We recognize that the campaign calls for consistency and long term growth, which is why we look to run these campaigns monthly for at least 6 months, in addition to our own internal marketing efforts.

Funding Details:

NEAR Wallet ID: ADAM-DAO.sputnik-DAO.NEAR
Wallet Owner’s Name: ADAM DAO

4 Likes

Hello guys, @Monish016 @rhymetaylor @williamx. Do we need an agency to promote artists, write articles, and create videos?

Thanks

1 Like

Thanks for your proposal,

What is your current level of involvement and knowledge of the NEAR ecosystem?

When engaging with paid advertising, to me some of the key questions are:

• What are you promoting? What is the clear Call to Action and user flow? What is the definition of success?

I see a few potential issues, please address them if possible:

• NEAR Ecosystem is very early. Incredible potential, but we are building it out everyday and focusing on builders that can accelerate that process. I am not sure paid advertising of the kind you refer would be beneficial;
  • Aspiring artists don’t have an audience (or content?). It seems to me like they cost of acquisition is very high and they would be too many steps removed from actually being able to meaningfully add to growth of ecosystem

Overall, I am against burning marketing dollar for marketing sake - we are able and willing to pay service providers, but we must be very clear on the value that this creates to the ecosystem.

1 Like

Hey @ADAMDAO ,

Sorry to point this out, but if you’ve done some digital marketing in Web3, you’ll know that you cannot directly promote crypto or NFT projects on Facebook/IG, YouTube, TikTok, and Twitter.

It’s a no from me.

Hi Klint. We do not and will not “directly promote” Crypto projects on any of the aforementioned platforms. We are a team of very seasoned marketers that have (and currently) work with NearHubs (Jeff Gold), DAORecords and other Near projects.

We take a very detailed and consultative approach to new client acquisition. We don’t directly (and didn’t mention) that we push NFT/Web3 projects on any of the platforms you mentioned.

We hope you’ll reconsider your “no”, but if not thanks for reviewing. By the way, 95% of our site is currently not public so if you’ve visited, you’re missing a bulk of our services which will be taken live soon.

What is your current level of involvement and knowledge of the NEAR ecosystem?

We are VERY familiar with Near. As CEO of ADAM, I was personally on-boarded by Vandal of DAORecords in October ‘21 (as was our CFO/COO). ADAM DAO members include Vandal from DAORECORDS and Jeff Gold from NearHub.

We are very, very familiar with Near. I have content on Tamago as I’m also an artist. We are part of the DAOCubator and Jordan is our Mentor/PoC. He actually recommended that we seek funding via Marketing DAO. We have a Hub on NearHub and are in discussion with them to run their Discord & Telegram.

When engaging with paid advertising, to me some of the key questions are:

What are you promoting? What is the clear Call to Action and user flow? What is the definition of success?

Fundamentally we promote ourselves and our strategy. We target seasoned artists, managers and teams that understand the need for comprehensive, data-driven marketing. Paid Ads are used purely as a client acquisition tool, selecting the best quality artists with whom to work. From there we partner with our clients individually to identify the best strategies (many of which are sweat-equity based) to identify, grow and strengthen their brands and fanbases.

Our Call to Action brings users into our network via our New User Onboarding form. From there, our multi-step work flow guides artists toward toward the best solution for their specific scenario, with an eye toward the benefits of building a community in Web3 and the unparalleled financial benefits of serving that community with Music NFTs and experiential content. We use anecdotes from artists that we have worked with (our Blog has several examples of clients with whom we’ve partnered).

I see a few potential issues, please address them if possible:

NEAR Ecosystem is very early. Incredible potential, but we are building it out everyday and focusing on builders that can accelerate that process. I am not sure paid advertising of the kind you refer would be beneficial;

It is my belief that Near is taking a longterm approach to growth. We are also. Everyday we speak to artists that are either on Web3 that haven’t heard of Near or others that are migrating and are immediately considering Ethereum or other blockchains. This is a huge acquisition opportunity for Near.

In many consultations we actually take a two chain approach. This means we extol the size and incumbency of Ethereum, while recommending a second “home chain” (Near) that artists can grow on and dominate due to nascency and ease of use - with tools like Tamago and MintBase at their disposal.

Aspiring artists don’t have an audience (or content?). It seems to me like they cost of acquisition is very high and they would be too many steps removed from actually being able to meaningfully add to growth of ecosystem

Respectfully the above isn’t our experience. We only work with seasoned artists. We weed out those that aren’t invested financially or commitment-wise to growth. There are 7+ million artists that have released music on Spotify across all tiers of experience. We have plenty of opportunity here and many of our clients have both healthy catalogs (but limited marketing experience) or have invested in many forms of marketing and seen limited success.

Overall, I am against burning marketing dollar for marketing sake - we are able and willing to pay service providers, but we must be very clear on the value that this creates to the ecosystem.

We understand. Ultimately all investments are built on risk. We have literally spent tens of thousands of dollars building our service and platform and have success stories to show even in our soft-launch state.

As touched on earlier, ADAMs leadership team consists of a President of CoMerica (CFO/COO), a Web3/Near veteran (CTO), a well known and seasoned entertainment lawyer, Web3 user & artists (CLO/Gen. Council) and Me, someone that has millions of streams in Web2. (https://www.youradam.com/aboutpage) I also release music on Web3 and have the number one song on Tamago and two of my previous works have reached #1 trending on Audius. We/I understand the Music NFT space much better than most.

We believe in Near and have experience nothing but growth and partnership within the ecosystem. It is our hope that you will weigh the risk/reward and approve this first funding request. We are confident that longterm the benefits of a partnership will far outweigh any perceived short term concerns. I’m personally very active in Twitter Spaces and have many examples like the below.

2 Likes

Good morning. Sorry it’s no from me.

Thanks for the thoughtful and detailed answer.

As you’ve been referred to by Jordan form DAOCubator, and are working closely with Jeff (Nearhub), I’m willing to support this proposal and reassess the impact for subsequent proposals (if any). Ideally, we get to have a meeting to better discuss progress, understand industry, etc.

You still need support from two more Council members.

1 Like

Thank you! We are very good at what we do and take the growth of ADAM & Near very seriously.

Please read my response to satojandro and reconsider :pray:. Thanks either way!

Please read my response to satojandro and reconsider :pray:. By the way, would love to connect on a call one day. I visited your website and you’re clearly very seasoned at that you do marketing-wise!

Hi @ADAM4Artists thanks for the proposal and providing answers to the questions and feedback. I’ve reviewed this proposal and all the supporting information, and I can support this for the requested funding because of the following reasons:

• I see your involvement, commitment and connection with the NEAR ecosystem
  • You are a new project referred to us/recommended by other members in the ecosystem
  • I know that there are differing views on ad-based marketing related to crypto, but I have personally seen in recent client work that juicing socials with ads can grow awareness much more quickly than organic growth alone. This can lead to access to biz dev and partnerships that can be much more difficult to secure without the audience and reach via ads. The problem is, of course, that it’s often an unsustainable strategy over the long-term as it can lead to a less valuable user base, high numbers, low engagement, etc. This project is early stage, but has enough of a foundation and potential that I think in this case, it’s a strategy worth funding once and see how it performs.
  • What I would caution you about though is planning/relying on ongoing funding in the same amount from the MarketingDAO. It’s not guaranteed, and the council will want to see reports about performance, impact and effectiveness as future funding requests are evaluated.

You still need a final vote from the MarketingDAO council for resolution here.

1 Like

Hi @ADAM4Artists I have read your proposal and considered your replies to comments from fellow council members.

I think that as your project has support and involvement from other channels, I am prepared to support on this occasion and will now move to Approved.

Also keen to join a call to gain a deeper understanding of how your work will benefit the NEAR ecosystem.

You can now make a Poll on Astro

1 Like

For information

Despite of boosting and other marketing efforts, they have onboarded only 245 users (since March 2022) on discord channel.

$1000

$1000

$1000

$1800

$1000

$575

$6375 in total. I hope your campaign will be more effective.

Thanks.

3 Likes

Cryptocredit, We’re happy to join a call and discuss the aforementioned topics. We are excited to support more of the community and look forward to being able to add lots of value to the ecosystem!

Thank you for your support and your thoughtful response. We will take everything mentioned into consideration as we execute our initiatives and we will certainly provide detailed reporting outlining our results, in the event of future requests. :pray:

Dacha, thanks for your input. Your points are all well taken. We are confident that our efforts organically, and via funding, will continue to lead to a growth in the number of musicians that choose the Near Protocol as their Web 3.0 home.

1 Like

Hello CryptoCredit! As per your direction, we submitted our MarketingDAO Poll via AstroDAO. At this moment it is about 3 hours away from, what I assume to be, expiration. Best regards.

Hi @so608 I’m reaching out because our poll request was resubmitted and is currently outstanding. It received your vote but the 3rd MarketingDAO member did not respond therefore it expired.

I hope that you will approve the resubmitted request and we will proceed to deliver based on our experience and stated goals. Thanks.

Hi @cryptocredit I’m reaching out because our poll request was resubmitted and is currently outstanding. We received your proposal approval but our Poll request did not receive your vote prior to expiration.

I hope that you will approve the resubmitted request and we will proceed to deliver based on our experience and stated goals. Thanks.