[Approved] Attending a Blockchain Conference/April music competition with onboarding by 9jaMUSICAL

Thanks for your proposal,

• In approving this proposal we are assuming that the majority of the participants in this event will be overage (18+) and that it won’t be targeted at underaged users. This is in compliance with the latest funding guidelines involving minors
  • Please provide receipts for all travel related expenses with your progress report. We are willing to fund up to the required amount, but understand that prices can fluctuate. We are working on an honesty system where any unused funds can be declared and returned or repurposed for other acceptable marketing initiatives.
  • At the core of some of the initial concerns are the need for clear customer journeys: this addresses the funding of onboarding. It seems to me that being embedded within a blockchain conference and having a music competition afterwards would create many valuable pathways and touchpoint. It is up tp your team to ensure that these are smooth and that there is clear, actionable information at every step of the way.

Do not hesitate to reach out for help if you need any assistance in crafting this experience for attendees.

Good luck!

3 Likes

Hello Sir.
This event is mainly for 18 + due to the University situation.

Regarding this, our last report had unused funds due to Federal Universities Strike in the country. All receipts will be provided in the report.

2 Likes

[quote=“IgbozeIsrael, post:1, topic:17869”]
It’s been great spreading the gospel of NEAR and to have come up with this great initiative, you are really awesome.
[/quote
Congratulations bro keep. Let’s keep the Near community real.

2 Likes

Thanks mate. We keep working hard.

1 Like

Hello @marketingdao-council and @David_NEAR!
The poll has been approved.

What next step…I wait for an email for verification? …and how long will it take?

1 Like

Hey, have you filled out the form?

3 Likes

I just did @David_NEAR. Thanks for calling my attention to the links.

3 Likes

Hello @David_NEAR, @marketingdao-council !
GM
I filled the form but haven’t reveived email for KYC.

How long should it take Sir?

Thanks

1 Like

Hey,

Please be patient, it was only filled out yesterday. If you’ve already completed KYC in the past you’ll simply receive a Docusign email pretty soon.

2 Likes

Okay Sir.
I have verified KYC before.
Thanks for heads up!

3 Likes

Hello @marketingdao-council !
Payout received.
Work begins!
Thanks!

3 Likes

Nice, i will be available once am through with my trip to lagos

2 Likes

@Dacha @marketingdao-council
With the recent fall in the price of NEAR, is there a possible way of requesting additional funding to cap the percentage requested?

…though plans had started

2 Likes

Good evening, Yes, sure.

1 Like

Hello @marketingdao-council .
With the price of NEAR dropping, this has affected the actual requested amount.

Aside Onboarding funds for wallet, asked amount was $2441.
With NEAR at $13.81 presently, amount is reduced to $2029, meaning we are short of $412=29NEAR.

I would move to request top up funds to aid our work.

2 Likes

Hello @Dacha @Klint @so608 @cryptocredit
Here is the AstroDAO poll for the top-up amount.

1 Like

Can you please clarify;

My understanding is that the NEAR Foundation pays out the NEAR equivalent to the proposed amount in USD at the exchange of the day. It is also now possible to request funds and be paid out in USD Stablecoins.

• When did you receive payment from the NEAR Foundation? (NEAR amount, exchange rate of the day)
2 Likes

Hi @satojandro !
Thanks for the questions to clarify.

I was paid in NEAR and funds was received btw 11-16th of April. Amount was about 147 NEAR (This doesn’t include the 45 NEAR for opening of wallets) and rate was $16.6 per NEAR

1 Like

Hi @IgbozeIsrael – Can you edit your poll on Astro to request funds in a stablecoin so any future fluctuations in NEAR don’t affect your funding needs?

The MarketingDAO team is working on a clear policy around this that we will be sharing with the community soon, but while we are working on that, my opinion is that in general, it’s problematic for us to approve top up funding because price fluctuations are very common. The price could go significantly up or down from day to day.

The only way to avoid that is to request funding in stablecoins, which is what I would recommend in the future.

I also think we need a consensus from the MarketingDAO on this – looks like Dacha supports your request. I would like to hear thoughts from the other members of the @marketingdao-council – thanks!

3 Likes

This puts us on a tough spot;

• The NEAR Foundation is already deliberately taking the requested USD amount and paying out the equivalent in NEAR (minimise losses between time of proposal going up and payout).
  • It is up to each team to use the funds in the way in which it was intended after they receive them
  • While we do not take any issue if the team chooses to keep funds in NEAR and enjoy capital gains if price goes up, we can also not be expected to be liable to top up those funds in case the team decides to hold the NEAR and price goes down
  • This would be opening up to maximum liability whereby teams capture all the upside and we pay for the downside. This creates a range of behaviours - investment like - that we are not designed to cover.
  • I may be willing to make a small exception in this case, if the expenses have already been committed, but do warn against a flood of similar proposals.
  • Reiterate that the foundation offers the option to be paid in USD stables, please consider this alternative for future proposals.

I’ll wait for the rest of @marketingdao-council to weigh in

3 Likes