[APPLICATION] Programa de Bolsas Artísticas - inestrindade.near

Olá aos membros da IncubadoraDAO e a toda a comunidade!
Hello to the members of IncubadoraDAO and to all the community!

1. Maria Inês Tavares (aka. Inês Trindade)- [inestrindade.near]

2. Porto, Portugal (PT)

3. @_inestrindade

4. Portfolio Behance

5. Sou uma artista visual, residente no Porto (Portugal). O meu trabalho foca-se no uso do Design e da Fotografia.
    Em 2018, iniciei a Licenciatura de Fotografia na ESMAD-Escola Superior de Media, Artes e Design, no Instituto Politécnico do Porto, em Vila do Conde, onde me especializei em Fotografia de Moda e no Design Gráfico e de Comunicação.
    Trabalho como fotógrafa independente na área da Moda e Editorial, desenvolvendo também vários projetos na área do Design.
    Como artista visual, desenvolvo projetos de caris autoral na àrea da fotografia documental e editorial, focando-me em questões sociais e de identidade, relacionados com a sociedade contemporânea, através da memória, da intervenção manual nas imagens e da autorrepresentação.
    As relações entre o sagrado e o profano, o abstrato e concreto são muito presentes no meu trabalho, pois vejo as imagens como recursos expressivos, carregadas de simbolismos, códigos e narrativas que coexistem num só plano congelado no tempo e para toda a eternidade.

I’m a visual artist, based in Porto (Portugal). My work is focused in the use of Design and Photography.
    In 2018, I’ve started my Bachelor’s Degree in Photography at ESMAD- Escola Superior de Media, Artes e Design, at Instituto Politécnico do Porto, in Vila do Conde, specializing in Fashion Photography and Graphic Design.
    I work as an independent photographer in Fashion and Editorial, also developing several projects in Design.
    As a visual artist, I develop authorial projects in the area of ​​documentary and editorial photography, focusing on social and identity issues related to contemporary society, through memory, manual intervention in images and self-representation.
    The relationships between the sacred and the profane, the abstract and the concrete are very present in my work, as I see images as expressive resources, loaded with symbolism, codes and narratives that coexist on a single plane frozen in time and for all eternity.

6. Ao longo do último semestre de 2021, desenvolvi o projeto fotográfico “Congá- Imagens São Formas de Enviar Coisas para o Céu”, cuja narrativa deste projeto foca-se no sincretismo religioso entre a religião cristã e as religiões de matriz africana, através de retratos de figuras religiosas (com destaque para o papel das figuras femininas) que surgiram em locais tão distintos no planeta - entendendo os arquétipos que estão na base destas associações, e percebendo porque são tão recorrentes em várias crenças pelo mundo fora.
    Através deste projeto, faço uma busca pela união e uma luta contra a intolerância religiosa. A fé é uma característica psicológica humana, que se pode manifestar de várias formas e muitas vezes, estas formas complementam-se umas às outras, pois tratasse de algo abrangente aos seres humanos - que não deveria ser motivo de guerra ou de exclusão.
    Pretendo continuar a desenvolver e expandir este projeto, criando um Livro de Artista, tanto em modo físico como em modo virtual, que dê mais contexto ao observador de como surgiu o sincretismo e da religião como forma de resistência e de expressão da cultura de um povo.
    Esta bolsa irá contribuir para poder dedica-me a este projeto durante os meses de fevereiro e março, e ajudar a cobrir os custos de produção de mais conteúdo para o Livro, e também para a sua produção e respectiva impressão.

During the last semester of 2021, I developed the photographic project “Congá- Imagens Are Ways of Sending Things to Heaven”, whose narrative focuses on the religious syncretism between the Christian religion and the religions of African origin, through portraits of religious figures (with emphasis on the role of female figures) that emerged in such different places on the planet - understanding the archetypes that are at the base of these associations, and realizing why they are so recurrent in various beliefs around the world.
    Through this project, I seek for unity and fight against religious intolerance. Faith is a human psychological characteristic, which can be manifested in many ways and often, these ways complement each other, because it is something in common in human beings - which should not be a reason for war or exclusion.
    I intend to continue to develop and expand this project, creating an Artist’s Book, both in physical and virtual mode, that gives more context to the observer of how syncretism and religion emerged as a form of resistance and expression of a people’s culture. .
    This grant will contribute to being able to dedicate myself to this project during the months of February and March, and help to cover the costs of producing more content for the Book, and also cover the costs of its production and respective printing.

7. Imagem do projeto “Congá - Imagens São Formas de Enviar Coisas Para o Céu”, 2021.
    Images of the Project “Congá - Images Are Ways Of Sending Things To Heaven”, 2021.

3 Likes

Hey, Maria Inês! Thanks for your submission!

We hope to announce the results by February 1st. Good lucky :dizzy: :star_struck:

Olá, Inês!

Thanks for your application! We had more participants than ever and the selection process was not easy for the jury of this 3rd edition.

We used the following evaluation criteria: » Quality of Artwork » Past Experience » Fitting with Incubadora concept »Quality of application »Impact of the Stipend on the artist/project

It was a very hard decision, but unfortunately, your application was not selected for this edition.

You are more than welcome to apply again in the next rounds! Stay tuned :crossed_fingers:t5: :hugs:

Cheers :purple_heart::dizzy:

Website | NEAR Forum | Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Telegram | YouTube | Mintbase