Howdy everybody, Shot here with Banyan Collective + OnboardDAO. Proud to announce the formation of NEAR Workshops!
- The main focus of NEARWorkshops is to produce workshops that are developer focused and that helps users get onboarded to the ecosystem.
- Host live sessions for the public to engage with experts
- Produce free content available on platforms like youtube with relevant documentation for people to start learning and pipeline to proper NEAR education verticals
Lately, I’ve been primarily working with Builder Groups to help projects scale (more on this to be announced but if you are a builder, founder, or technical PM, join the respective builder group here (nearhacks.com/builders). For our meetings we are also making sessions publicly available. Weekly calls are like an ecosystem Scrum for the respective verticals where our main objective is to build open sourcing tooling and push NEPs. Its a no-brainer to host workshops since we interface with alot of builders who are eager to teach others the new tech they are building. From starting NEAR Hacks, working with builders, and organizing workshops for the Minority Programmers, I found hosting public workshops is one of the easiest ways for me to learn, engage the community, and produce relevant content that people can develop for years to come.
The main reason to make this post is not funding but awareness. What I need is projects to schedule workshops, people to recommend projects to highlight and fellow co-host to help engage and create content.
Additionally, there are alot of twitter spaces going on, but people catch watch twitter spaces or have the opportunity to learn lectures, look at documentation, etc. This is for more engaged learning with the opportunity for the public to join and ask experts live.
Who I Am Inspired By
There are already a lot of resources out there and people who are creating content in this ecosystem that I absolutely admire.
- Ready Layer One Podcast
- Alpha Leaks with AVB
- NEAR Chill + Shill
- NEAR Protocol Youtube Channel (So many gems here)
- NEAR Insider Near Insider TV - YouTube
- Building the Open Web Podcast by Open Web Collective
Schedule A Workshop Today
Before you schedule a workshop, please contact me and lets engage. I do not want to be spammed and shilled, I want to highlight really cool projects on NEAR ecosystem.
Point of Contact: Shot firstname.lastname@example.org tg; @ codegoon
To have a workshops
- https://nearworkshops.com/schedule → after booking, a zoom registration link will be made, with a graphic, and published on social media and a shortlink https://nearworkshops.com//protocolname → (registration link) will be made
- The workshop will be recorded and shared on social media within a day of the workshop
Additionally some content also may be produced via NEAR HACKS our traveling hackerhouse/hackathon series we started back in May and some content may be me just going over topics Moreover, we have an internal ambassadors program where we teach each other NEAR concepts, test new dApps, as a moral informal group of friends at Banyan. If you would like to get on a call, and join a peer group like this let us know and we’d love to get you involved.
Reach out if you want to do a workshop!
- Ref.finance, building on top of Ref, using Ref
- Keypom, Keypom SDK
- IBC on NEAR
- Building A Widget on NEAR.Social
- Using Social DB
- Liquid Staking
- Mintbase SDK
- Using Pagoda Developer Console
- Tonic Orderbook API
- Creating a Testnet DAO on AstroDAO
- Multicall for DAOs
- Building A Discord Bot on NEAR
- Web4 / NEAR.page
- Rentable NFTs with NiftyRent
- Integrating Wallet Selector, Localizing Wallet Selector
- Editing the BOS VM
Examples of Technical Workshops
- Building on Top of ___ SDK
- A Look at x Smart Contracts
- Creating An Account on ____
- Switchboard: Publishing Decentralized Feeds nearworkshops.com/switchboard
- Tradeport + Byzantion API: One API for All Your NEAR NFT Indexing Needs nearworkshops.com/tradeport
- ChatMe: Messaging & Public Chats on NEAR nearworkshops.com/chatme
- Notifi SDK: Integrating SMS/Email/Telegram Notifications into Your NEAR dApp nearworkshops.com/notifi
- HIdeYour.Cash Workshop: Private Transactions on NEAR nearworkshops.com/hideyourcash
- NEAR on Python - py-near w/ HERE Wallet nearworkshops.com/pynear
- Pikespeak nearworkshops.com/pikespeak
- Quicknode nearworkshops.com/quicknode
- WELLDONE CODE: Deploy & Writing NEAR Smart Contracts on REMIX IDE WELLDONE CODE: Deploy & Write NEAR Smart Contracts on REMIX IDE - YouTube
- Building NEAR dApps w/ Quicknode nearworkshops.com/quicknode
Please comment below with any workshop recommendations or if you want to get involved!