[Announcement] Marketing DAO Resumes Operations

Am impressed with the effort you guys have put together to come out with the new guidelines.
Keep the good work moving :fire:

4 Likes

That sounds fantastic guys!

Love seeing lots of little thought-out improvements around different areas.

Bounties really good idea, as well as being more selective with projects and grant proposals that really make sense and work hard to grow.

Although I think influencer marketing should be on the menu, if done right it can be very beneficial and create strong community around NEAR. Great collaborations can arise out of connections and conversations writhing the community created by twitter influencers/personalities. It can also grow into more meaningful things with time, for example twitter spaces :wink:

Good luck, together we shall succeed!

7 Likes

Hopefully everyone feels like this is a good thing?!

We’re excited to get things back on track!

Thanks for posting this @satojandro

I’m working through building out more detailed guidance:

• Review / Funding Criteria
  • Submitting Applications
  • Bounties
  • Social Media
  • Community Building
  • Events

See the example of the Content Guidelines to get a better idea of what is to come.

We’ll continue to build out more of guidance docs in multiple formats and add examples as we progress.

Meeting expectations is impossible without giving insights into “what looks good.” Right?

Some of the positive outcomes from these efforts will be:

• Provide clear funding criteria
  • Attract more contributors into the ecosystem
  • Optimize and standardize process-flows
  • Focus on a wider variety of initiatives (by vertical)
  • Draw lines directly to Ecosystem KPIs / Traction
  • Set a higher overall quality standard (For all deliverables)
  • Keep the positivity UP and reduce the drama

Excited and eager to get back on track. Lots more to come!

All the best,

Taylor AKA Klint

21 Likes

Hey Satojandro, thanks for Marketing DAO members for creating nice detailed prezi!

Just a straight forward question.
We as Stars Guild can still continue our activities in promoting NEAR in general, projects that are built on NEAR and our guild members were interested in creating video review content by ourselfs and asking bit for channel promo to grow audiance. Still we get under Content and Social Media and less in PR? Or we get under PR and just can wrap up our guild?

Thank you. ))

4 Likes

@Zhunda Under the new guidelines, we cannot currently allocate funding to influencer campaigns. But you can submit a proposal for the funding of content and social media production/creation.

We are also going to host AMAs soon that I hope will allow us some time/space to talk live about what is fundable – we’ll post the details on our Twitter and hope you can attend.

https://twitter.com/MarketingDAOers

6 Likes

Got it.

All right, let us finish with this amazing campaing that we are working on now.

KPIs will be clear as boost to NEAR comunity report as reconsideration. Video influencer marketing is TOP, don’t want NEAR to miss such opportunity for growth. :fire:

As for novembers proposal, think we can come up with some activities with contextual advertising for difference, review video and article creation of our own and some fancy design if its a ok. :innocent:

1 Like

Finally, this sounds great.

3 Likes

awesome!

let’s keep influencer funding ineligible. let’s keep the NEAR brand away from predatorial tactics.

3 Likes

what are some examples of predatory influencers?

1 Like

bitboy and lark davis would be the big ones not counting celebrities, many youtubes are sketchy.

1 Like

oh this makes sense okay

1 Like

Oh I just read your message above. There is definitely some legit crypto personalities out there!

2 Likes

Agree: @waxnear ‘Chill & Shill’ ama is very important for the space… This provides a platform for projects to showcase themselves to the wider audience… :handshake::handshake:

3 Likes

Yeah I assume “influencer marketing” wouldn’t apply to what @waxnear does. I am thinking more YouTuber shillers.

3 Likes

Roger that! Excited to see Marketing DAO is resuming operations. Will be submitting our proposal under Content around this month!

2 Likes

How do you approach projects that kept working during the pause?

We got funding for 16 spaces and already hosted 41

2 Likes

Lark Davis didn’t had any interest in promo reviews.

Tho, BitBoy did, asked 7.5k USD for best offer when on his life streams he can review 3 articles about NEAR thus giving some good attention to blockchain in whole.

3 Likes

It is very possible that both have changed their behaviour but both were known to have shilled low cap projects and dump them. They also didn’t disclose this information to the public too.

Nothing is wrong with getting paid to do some marketing at all! Some of these crypto influencers are doing great work. There is a line to be drawn on how reputable some are though. Again, maybe they have changed, I don’t know. If it were up to me, I wouldn’t want Near to be associated with someone with this past behaviour.

2 Likes

Hey @marketingdao-council does it also mean that any chance to bring huge youtubers as [Proposal] Big Russian Boss crypto financial education show “Money. $ave and pre$erve” is alos off the table of opportunities?

3 Likes