[ALERT] Fake NEAR Wallet is hacking accounts

Hey my friends,

We are alerting about this Fake NEAR Wallet that is available in Play Store.

At NEAR Hispano, our community member Alexander (Platohedro | @platobos ) had lost all his funds for using this wallet. Please be alert about this.

TRANSACTION AND MORE INFO

This fake wallet request for pass phrase and after transfer funds to an account called bigbank101.near, also I can see that this app uses stolen accounts to found in staking pools for tokens.

Transaction where tokens are stolen:
https://explorer.near.org/transactions/EBE8wkaFvJR6pzvLY68dVt1hBXti7PMMfkZA7zFW1eqT

Amount of NEAR tokens stolen: 121 NEAR

Account bigbank101.near : NEAR Explorer | Account

@amgando @claudioac @Cristian @David_NEAR

29 Likes

This is a good notification and I think we should all share it in all guild platforms so everyone can flag it inappropriate for it to be removed from play store.

10 Likes

Be carefel, it is so sad, and this founds is for some aducation activities the next year. the mayory of money is for activities of this Report #1 : Motion of the rock in platohedro

I hope this experience help to learn more
Sorry, I was very stupid, and dont see the fake
Be careful please.

3 Likes

We can all flag the app as inappropriate by following these steps.

1. Open playstore.

2. Search NEAR wallet.

3. Click this

4. Then this

5. Then this

6. Finally, submit

Should the whole NEAR community do this, it will take few hours for play store to remove the app.

12 Likes

bigbank101.near this is that wallet used to stole the tokens from platohedro.near

1 Like

Also here is a link if you are on desktop.

For the id it’s
com.wallet.nearorg

For the “Reason for flagging” use
Unlawful activities

For explanation use
I’m part of the NEAR community and we have discovered that this is not an official NEAR app and the owner has stolen money from an innocent victim. See [ALERT] Fake NEAR Wallet is hacking accounts - #5 by platobos

7 Likes

Hello guys, I downloaded that Near wallet app from Google play store just yesterday and today my funds are gone. Is there a way to help recover the stolen funds

2 Likes

Thanks ! Good work !!! :white_check_mark:

2 Likes

Really sorry @Gio22 I really don’t know how could anyone recover those funds, there are no refunds on crypto, it is the advantage and disadvantage of using crypto, money is truly yours under your control but we are the only ones responsible for taking care of it, and of course this tech is new and we are all still learning, so this scammers take advantage of us, shame on them.

1 Like

Thanks, also here is the link of the app to report: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wallet.nearorg

2 Likes

Good work bro
If this app is taken down it will help those coming into the community
As no one will fall to it …
Done :white_check_mark::white_check_mark:
If half of the community can do this
It will be taken down.

2 Likes

thnx for the heads up. We already made announcements on the Near Official Telegram and posted it on +8 telegram chats. ps. there is another one trying to acquire your seed which is nearcrowd.org

let’s be careful, there are many phishing sites out there.

5 Likes

I just lose 9 NEAR there (In nearcrowd.org), this is the receiver account:

https://explorer.mainnet.near.org/accounts/dolbabob.near

I need to create new wallet, right?

yes jeph, you need to

ps. why did you enter your PassPhrase/Seed into another site :frowning: it’s clearly a phishing site. we are warning people 7/24 for this. the only place to restore your wallet is wallet.near.org
+
no dApp will ask for PassPhrase

1 Like

Yes, I know, they copied the wallet interface, but I won’t check the URL until it was too late, it was completely my fault. I lose my NCD L1 NFT certificate.

2 Likes

thank you for reminder, will brings it up and spread it into our community channel!

2 Likes

Sad for the loss nd thanx for the info

2 Likes

Sorry for your lost Juan, let’s see what we can do on the NEAR HISPANO Guild if there is a chance to mint it again for you.

2 Likes