AfrikaBurn "Save the Clan" NFT Fundraising Project

AfrikaBurn - Save The Clan

The moment has arrived… the first steps onto a dry, dusty landscape, the sun’s rays are glistening bright and scorching hot.
It is difficult to perceive silhouettes in the distance and yet the anticipation rises immeasurably.
What is it that drives people to this abandoned land in the middle of the African desert? What makes them voluntarily expose themselves to the extremes of nature?
It is freedom. It is the connection. It is love. It is the unconditional being in a world far away from the conventional rules, the omnipresent pressure and the constant competition against others, against time, against oneself.
This is the place that gives you liberty, union and charity unconditionally to all and everyone who opens themselves to it. The very essence of the principles of “Radical Inclusion” (Anyone may be a part of. We welcome and respect the stranger. No prerequisites exist for participation in our community.) and “Gifting” (devoted to acts of gift giving. The value of a gift is unconditional. Gifting does not contemplate a return or an exchange for something of equal value).
This magical place of gathering has gifted unconditionally over the years with an indescribable abundance, without ever seeking anything in return.
And perhaps that is why we, who love this magical place, can hear the silent call for help from afar…
Caring is the act of the heart to support others witth of love. Care is what AfrikaBurn needs now to survive. Sustainability is the only thing that can ensure the survival of this cultural gathering. Without financial support, AfrikaBurn is in existential danger and timely gathering is harder to accomplish. Until the very last minute, the entire organisation is on the verge of collapse.
But what if we can solve it all together, in unity for and with AfrikaBurn?
Burner Claudia Peter has asked herself this question more than once … until she came up with an idea, an opportunity that makes it possible to support AfrikaBurn and its community of artists at the same time, in our increasingly digitalized world. Her fundraising project offers a future oriented, creative, uniting and sustainable solution to the funding problem of AfrikaBurn. At the same time, it provides artists from all over the world with a platform that is progressive and expansive. Furthermore, it is a matter of concern for her and AfrikaBurn to stand up for people, animals and the environment – these aspects are also being supported by this fundraising project.

Fundraising idea
Every sale we make with our NFTs on mintbase.io will help AfrikaBurn to survive.
The goal of the project is to combine art, humanity projects and the crypto world. Creation of win-win-situation for everyone.

Project benefits
With every artist that we onboard, we create more brand awareness for mintbase as well as for NEAR Protocol. Furthermore the transaction fees that are being generated through the minting process of the NFTs.

TASKS
Education Papers

• 1st Priority before all the other Education Papers: TEMPLATE neutral (for Mintbase/NEAR)
    Create a simple design for the collab Mintbase and NEAR that we can use for Education Papers. Like a Co-Branding Paper. We need a template in Word and a template in Powerpoint.
    We have to consider the brand manual from NEAR as well as from Mintbase.
    The new template has to be very neutral and simple because i will use it for different projects in the future.
    → Budget: USD 50 in NEAR
    → Deadline: 03.10.2021
    → Responsibility: @claudinhabelha

• Documentation “Introduction to NEAR Protocol” (what is NEAR? Why is NEAR a green chain? What are the criterias for it? A simple one pager is already existing. We need to add more simple explanation to that. The documents and text we already have, are saved on the google drive i provided. @JohnX you can combine it with the paper you already wrote and make a “mix” from the texts we already have. ok?
    → Budget: USD 30 in NEAR
    → Deadline: within one week after receiving the template
    → Responsibility: @JohnX

• Documentation for the very beginners (people who have never heard anything about crypto)?
    what is a blockchain? what is a crypto? what does a “block” mean? what is it compared to the real world? how can I use a blockchain as a person? what is a miner exactly doing? is there always a miner (in every blockchain)? What is Proof of Stake? What is Proof of Work? What is a smart contract?
    Maybe you can combine this task with the above one if it is better/easier for you and for the client who will read the paper. Of course you’ll get the money from both tasks. Important is that we have a document for very very very beginners who don’t know anything about the cryptoworld yet. Try to explain it in a “children-language” without too many technical and compolicated words. If you use for example “mint”, write also “upload” or minter=artist or NFT=artpiece … explanations like that will help to onboard more people to projects.
    → please use the programm WORD and the font Arial
    → Budget: USD 100 in NEAR
    → Responsiblity: @JohnX

• Documentation Q&A about different questions:
    “Why should I invest in an NFT?”
    what is my advantage? taxes? whatelse? People ask me a lot “why should someone buy a painting that he won’t put on the wall in his home?” or "why does someone buy virtual land if he can’t really live there? “only to see the paintings on the computer?” “Where do the original of the artpieces go”? “Do I need to send the digital artpiece to the buyer?” “What is the buyer doing with the artpiece?”
    → please use the programm WORD and the font Arial
    → Budget USD 50 in NEAR

• Adapt the two current Artist Guide as well as the Investor Guide to the new Mintbase/NEAR design (current artist guide is in Afrika Burn Design, existing in PT and EN)
    → please use the programm powerpoint and the font Arial
    → Budget USD 20 in NEAR

• Translation of the EN instruction manual “how to open a NEAR Wallet and how to mint on mintbase” (it is a beginner ARTIST GUIDE manual) into German (use the new design Mintbase/NEAR from priority 1)
    → Responsibility: @naturelove

• Translation of the EN instruction manual “how to open a NEAR Wallet and how to mint on mintbase” (it is a beginner ARTIST GUIDE manual) into Spanish (use the new design Mintbase/NEAR from priority 1)

• Translation of the EN instruction manual “how to open a NEAR Wallet and how to mint on mintbase” (it is a beginner ARTIST GUIDE manual) into Italian (use the new design Mintbase/NEAR from priority 1)

In all the Education Papers we have to mention Mintbase and NEAR with the Name and with the Logo (somewhere in the footer or in another spot).
The Education Papers can be in a Mintbase and/or NEAR design (no need to use the AfrikaBurn brand design) → we will use those papers for other projects in the future.

TASKS
Marketing & Communication Material

The Branding for the project already exists. We can provide all the visual elements, fonts, colors, etc. The Brand Design (CI/CD) has to be part of all the documentation we develop. This helps us to create a higher project awareness (= brand awareness).

• Marketing Texts for Facebook & Twitter & Instagram
    → Budget 40 USD in NEAR (20 USD each)
    → Deadline: 02.10.2021
    → Responsibility: @rena and @claudinhabelha )

• Promotion Video: we have a lot of beautiful photos that we can use to make a video with different photos. in addition to that we add questions and answers from Mintbase/NEAR/AfrikaBurn. For example:
    Why are we doing this project? Answer: xxx
    What is the goal of NEAR? Answer: xxx
    What is Mintbase? Answer: xxx
    What is a burn? Answer: xxx
    What makes a burn special? Answer: xxx
    Please also add some visuals that represents the burn. can be abstract or real. or a video from someone. i try to find something and i will put it also on the google drive.
    (max. 2min Video, minimum 1min)
    (Attention: when we use the photos, we always need to add the photocredits)
    → Target Client: Investors & Buyers, Burners
    → Main Communication Content: advantage supporting AfrikaBurn longterm and sustainable, advantage for the investor = more value in the future
    → Budget: USD 100 in NEAR
    → Deadline: 08th October

• Short promotion video (can be a cut of the longer video or you make your own). You can use the photos, text and all the other material that i saved on google drive to use for that video. you can add other videos or you create abstract things. for example a burning artpiece. it has to be related to AfrikaBurn. Please set up a quick chat with me or a call so we can brainstorm together.
    → Deadline: 15th October
    → Responsibility: @R.FIM

• 15-20 different .jpgs/gifs/motion for social media marketing-communication. (10 images / 10 motion or gif)
    they have to afrika burn related. something burning. about the desert. about the principles.
    (Examples: we could do an image for each principle and put a symbol to it. Then i can make a riddle so people can start guessing what we want to say. it might be interactive. or a motion that shows how a wooden artpiece burns down. or the african sunset in the desert, etc. → we can brainstorm together about it)
    → Budget: USD 100 in NEAR (50 USD each)
    → Responsibility: @R.FIM & @whoiscavenaghi → please talk/communicate with each other what the ideas are. we can also set up a little brain storming.

• 5-7 images, .gifs or similar material for social media channels to talk about the AFrikaBurn Outreach Project. Check it out on their website. I also have some pictures on google drive. It is a matter of concern for AfrikaBurn to stand up for people, animals and the environment – these aspects are also being supported by this fundraising project. And we should show emotional marketing material that motivates people to invest into NFTs.
    → Deadline: 10.10.2021
    → Responsibility: @C0D3

• Virtual gallery: creation of a virtual gallery that we can send via link to friends or post on social media.
    The background of the gallery should visualise the desert where the afrika burn takes place (if possible). Or at least related to South Afrika, the Burn or the principles (the virtual gallery should not be in a modern fancy house as a contrast example). If you want to make a simple online gallery, it is fine too.
    We need a link that we can post on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter to which everyone will have access to watch the video and gets inspired to buy NFTs and support the project with it.
    → Budget: USD 200 in NEAR
    → Responsiblity: @duOCELOT gave the task to @thephilosopher on 27.10.2021

Target-Client of all Marketing-Material: Investors & Buyers of our NFTs
→ we need to present them our Save The Clan NFT Fundraising Project in a way that they are motivated to buy the NFTs and/or open first a NEAR Wallet to buy it.

Please be aware that in marketing-communication material we are not allowed to put any logo. no mentioning of sponsoring, etc.
Each task we can discuss in advance to make sure we have the same understanding.

Join the telegram group and you’ll find more information: Telegram: Join Group Chat

8 Likes

@claudinhabelha Concerning the task mention. I can help with the Video clips edits. Photo slides and gifs… Will appreciate doing this for the NEAR community.

3 Likes

I can handle the education papers and the documentations for sensitising new artists and enthusiasts about NFTs and the Near Protocol…

I can write comprehensive and concise articles for, “Introduction to Near Protocol”
Explain what crypto and block chain means

Explain the buzz of NFTs in correlation with the trend of virtual reality and the future of the metaverse and why NFTs are being acquired

I can also curate abstract photographs and images that are in tandem with theme of the AfrikaBurn for promotion

I can also create a virtual gallery, I have knowledge in html, CSS and javascripts if an interactive website is what is needed to create the virtual gallery

John

4 Likes

Hi there. I can make the gallery.

3 Likes

Hello! I would like to make this:

15-20 different .jpgs/gifs/motion for social media marketing-communication. (10 images / 10 motion or gif)

3 Likes

hey whoiscavenaghi & duOCELOT & JohnX & R.FIM & naturelove :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thank you for your support. I really do appreciate it.

I put your names in the list above. Please check it out.

Education Papers
→ I’ll make the neutral branding paper and i will give you the templates by sunday.

Marketing Material
→ send me an email to claudiathebee(at)afrikaburn.com so i have your email address and can give you access to the marketing & communication folder on google drive, where you find visual elements, photos, etc.
(if you use photos → always use photocredits)

IMPORTANT: every marketing material has to be aligned with the brand manual of “Save The Clan”

3 Likes

Check! Tnank you. Will present to you the idea, then we move on

2 Likes

@marianeu

hey dear, i added three things in the tasklist/application. I am sorry, I forgot yesterday.

• Marketing Text about Mintbase
  • Marketing text about NEAR
  • Outreach Social Media Marketing Material

thank you in advance.

best

2 Likes

Hey @claudinhabelha looks good. Don’t you want to add any specifications so people do their best possible job?

2 Likes

hey @marianeu

I added some comments but i will also talk to the people personally on the phone or in a zoom-meeting to brainstorm and define the details. Thank you for supporting.

2 Likes

hey @marianeu

I changed one task a bit. The one for @naturelove (he is my best friend and is aware of it).
I forgot to write that there is also the Investors Guide in EN that has to be in the new template.

2 Likes

Ok, sounds good. Looking forward to see this stuff! It will be of great use for us in the future.

1 Like

hey @marianeu

i had another change in one task: Documentation Q&A.
i put a higher price: new 50 USD in NEAR (instead of 30)
Why do i apply for this?
Because we realised while brainstorming that this needs quite a lot of work and research as well.

1 Like

Ok. Hope to see amazing results <3 <3 <3

1 Like

I can do the work you marked me for. I also work with video editing if you need to! :raised_hands:

2 Likes

Hey @C0D3 good to know you work with Video editing. Join the createbase telegram and twitter! We will be releasing a bounty related to videos soooon

2 Likes

hey @marianeu

Can you please let me know through which DAO this will be funded? I’d like to create DAO.

thank you in advance
Claudia

1 Like

You’ve applied to the createbase DAO here. :slight_smile:

@vandal please take a look at this :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Hope you like it

1 Like

Thank you for the answer.